Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oil in the water

4 posters

Go down

Oil in the water Empty Oil in the water

Post  kingfishking 5/5/2010, 11:54 am

Not sure if everyone has heard about the oil mess that happened in the gulf of mexico. well there plans to get rid of it were to burn it but got to windy and now its coming up the gulf stream which means in a few days it will reach the carolinas and than a few days more probaly hit jersey. Now what they have done is add this chemical in the water with the oil thousand and thousands of gallons of it and they have barely any resaerch on it they just think it will disolve the oil. my thoughts are what is going to happen to the waters and fish I mean is it gonna ruin them for years or something they have no idea what this chemical will do to the enviroment. It could possibly ruin fishing cause it could polute the waters and kill sea life so who knows. Just makes me mad that they dump sh!t into our waters with out even thinkin about what could happen.
kingfishking
kingfishking
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 458

http://www.mtlmfg.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Oil in the water Empty Re: Oil in the water

Post  SurfChick 5/5/2010, 1:03 pm

I agree. If this oil does come up the coast, it can kill all the fish, birds and all marine life and everything that calls it home on the beach. I have to also agree with Trav with the stuff that they poured in the water to help dissolve the oil.... did they really put some thought into this " chemical" . Wht is it gonna do to our fishing, the rest of the animals and the environment!? Hopefully this will get straighten out before the summertime so we can still fish popcorn Oil in the water 870783
SurfChick
SurfChick

Number of posts : 760

Back to top Go down

Post  ecduzitgood 5/5/2010, 1:15 pm

I hate to think about what might not be allowed out to the public as far as information about this disaster. The whole situation is sickening.

ecduzitgood

Number of posts : 31

Back to top Go down

Post  holymackeral 5/5/2010, 2:51 pm

i can't believe it's making it's way up the coast so fast..... i think if it doesn't kill off all the fish... any fish caught will be contaminated and unable to be eaten... this chemical they put in the water to dissolve oil.. it's hard to believe.. where does the oil go? and what happens to this chemical if it does or doesn't dissolve the oil? if it can dissolve oil than i'm sure it can't be good for the enviroment...

holymackeral
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1383

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down