Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

first trip and wow.

+3
holymackeral
Oldsalts
dozer 277
7 posters

Go down

first trip and wow. Empty first trip and wow.

Post  dozer 277 5/2/2010, 1:35 pm

well went on my first trip on thursday to IBSP. got my permit and set up for the day. made a move around 11 o'clock due to boredom. couple bumps on clams but nothing hooked up. around noon picked up a lone blue on a popper. good no skunk for me. about 1:30 decided to pull in the bait rods and start to pack up. decided to plug a little more and it was the best move i could have made. second cast bam a blue and a biggun. next cast again another blue. in came the birds and about 30 trucks. we were elbow to elbow for the next 2 hours and at any given time there were at least 10 guys fighting fish. The high point came after my arms were about done. as im pulling in a fish the guy next to me sees it first and yells thats a bass and it looks like a keeper. well it was 29 inches and into the cooler. came back from the truck and next cast another bass, this one didnt need to be measured it went 35 inches and nice and fat. so this year is starting off better than any other for me. i left at 4 o'clock due to exhaustion and smiled all the way home. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

dozer 277

Number of posts : 729

Back to top Go down

first trip and wow. Empty Re: first trip and wow.

Post  Oldsalts 5/2/2010, 1:50 pm

dozer 277 wrote:well went on my first trip on thursday to IBSP. got my permit and set up for the day. made a move around 11 o'clock due to boredom. couple bumps on clams but nothing hooked up. around noon picked up a lone blue on a popper. good no skunk for me. about 1:30 decided to pull in the bait rods and start to pack up. decided to plug a little more and it was the best move i could have made. second cast bam a blue and a biggun. next cast again another blue. in came the birds and about 30 trucks. we were elbow to elbow for the next 2 hours and at any given time there were at least 10 guys fighting fish. The high point came after my arms were about done. as im pulling in a fish the guy next to me sees it first and yells thats a bass and it looks like a keeper. well it was 29 inches and into the cooler. came back from the truck and next cast another bass, this one didnt need to be measured it went 35 inches and nice and fat. so this year is starting off better than any other for me. i left at 4 o'clock due to exhaustion and smiled all the way home. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Awesome larry

Thanks for the report first trip and wow. 870783

See ya at the vpark...!!!
Oldsalts
Oldsalts

Number of posts : 2037

http://www.Smittyplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  holymackeral 5/2/2010, 2:03 pm

sounds like a bad trip turned into a great trip..... nice catchin'

holymackeral
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1383

Back to top Go down

Post  A.O.K. 5/3/2010, 9:37 pm

cool!
can't tell ya how many times while packing up the rods,that last bait rod out gets hit.
nice report.
A.O.K.
A.O.K.

Number of posts : 249

http://www.aoktackle.com

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 5/3/2010, 9:48 pm

cool awesome report wish i hd been on the beach that day .....
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 5/8/2010, 11:57 pm

awsome job larry glad u got into fish....great report... cheers
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  Val@Oceanside 5/10/2010, 10:26 am

NICE WORK!
Val@Oceanside
Val@Oceanside
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 311

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down