Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What type of reel to match with a 10' st croix triumph surf rod

+6
Minivin5
holymackeral
fish factor
Oldsalts
striperslayer
pcrawf
10 posters

Go down

What type of reel to match with a 10' st croix triumph surf rod Empty What type of reel to match with a 10' st croix triumph surf rod

Post  pcrawf 2/28/2010, 4:47 pm

I recieved a 10' st croix triumph surf rod for christmas and was wondering if anyone had a good suggestion for a reel to matchup to it. My pockets are not that deep right now.
pcrawf
pcrawf

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

What type of reel to match with a 10' st croix triumph surf rod Empty Re: What type of reel to match with a 10' st croix triumph surf rod

Post  striperslayer 2/28/2010, 6:23 pm

I have that exact rod. I got it for my birthday last year and I matched it with a Penn 704z. Its a great reel and It didnt break the bank, My dad got it for me fro $75 this time last year. If I were you I would seriously consider this reel
striperslayer
striperslayer

Number of posts : 325

Back to top Go down

What type of reel to match with a 10' st croix triumph surf rod Empty Re: What type of reel to match with a 10' st croix triumph surf rod

Post  Oldsalts 2/28/2010, 6:36 pm

Diawa 2600 SS is what i have on mine awesome set up...!!!!
Oldsalts
Oldsalts

Number of posts : 2037

http://www.Smittyplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fish factor 2/28/2010, 6:49 pm

penn sargus 5500 not a bad reel for the$$$
fish factor
fish factor
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2092

Back to top Go down

Post  holymackeral 3/1/2010, 8:59 pm

a greenie 704 would be a good match also... if you can find one and have a little extra cash look for a mitchel nautil. i would reccomend the 7500 series over the 6500. you'll get more line capacity and it will feel better with the 10' rod.

i have the 6500 and love it. i clipped the bail cause i have problems with bails snapping shut and snapping line on me. my brother has a 704 greenie and loves the thing. we're looking to pick up a couple more so we can mod them.

holymackeral
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1383

Back to top Go down

Post  Minivin5 3/5/2010, 3:26 am

I have the Penn Conquer 7000, a great reel with 11 ball bearings, smooth as silk and to top it off it is a braid specific reel. I found mine online for $165 shipped to my door, they retail for $220. All the other reel mentioned above a great reels, but are not made to handle the rigors of braid. Check it out......
Minivin5
Minivin5
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1449

Back to top Go down

Post  surfstix1963 3/5/2010, 7:35 am

Shimano Sphereos I like the 8000 on a 10 ft. rod about $140 ish tops.

surfstix1963

Number of posts : 113

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 3/5/2010, 11:14 am

I 2nd the Daiwa 2600 SS or consider a Quantum Cabo 20
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  fishpro 3/5/2010, 9:47 pm

Quantum Cabo 50 or Boca 50....both reeels are great and can handle braid.
fishpro
fishpro
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 393

Back to top Go down

Post  Val@Oceanside 3/19/2010, 12:23 pm

fishpro wrote:Quantum Cabo 50 or Boca 50....both reeels are great and can handle braid.

I KNOW IM LATE WITH THIS POST BUT I TOTALLY AGREE WITH FISHPRO. Cabo and Boca asr sick reels and really seem to hold up well! That's my 2 cents, anyway! LOL
Val
Val@Oceanside
Val@Oceanside
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 311

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down