Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What reel would you match up to this rod

+4
fishpro
fishincrazy
hdcycles
Tossin Plugs
8 posters

Go down

What reel would you match up to this rod Empty What reel would you match up to this rod

Post  Tossin Plugs 3/10/2009, 11:01 pm

Going to use it for plugging. St.Croix 9ft'er 3/4 to 2 1/2 oz spinner. Have 2 iin mind not sure so I will put it up and see what others would match up to it.
Tossin Plugs
Tossin Plugs

Number of posts : 130

Back to top Go down

What reel would you match up to this rod Empty Re: What reel would you match up to this rod

Post  hdcycles 3/10/2009, 11:07 pm

460 Slammer or a stradic. I beat up my slammer pretty good and it has worked well for me.
hdcycles
hdcycles

Number of posts : 30

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=1102700317&ref

Back to top Go down

What reel would you match up to this rod Empty Re: What reel would you match up to this rod

Post  Guest 3/10/2009, 11:12 pm

Have you thought about a 450 ss metal ?

My.02
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 3/10/2009, 11:27 pm

5000 Stradic!!!!!!!! cheers

FC cheers

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fishpro 3/10/2009, 11:35 pm

Quantum Boca or a Cabo...heavy but built well. I abuse the sh!t out of my stuff and they keep going. With Shimanos you will have bearing problems with saltwater use.
fishpro
fishpro
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 393

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/11/2009, 12:25 am

OK i will say it

VS 200

or 150 but its too small for me
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie G. 3/11/2009, 9:51 am

At liest give us a price range ?
Cound be a VS 150 or a Penn greenie 710.
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

Post  Teddy 3/11/2009, 9:56 am

Tossin Plugs wrote:Going to use it for plugging. St.Croix 9ft'er 3/4 to 2 1/2 oz spinner. Have 2 iin mind not sure so I will put it up and see what others would match up to it.
On a 9ft'er, depending on what you want to spend. I would do a VS 150 (Highend) or Cabo 50 (lower end, but still up there)....I used a Cabo for years and never had a problem... :twisted:
Teddy
Teddy

Number of posts : 229

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/11/2009, 10:00 am

Thanks Charlie

A 710 z will do nicely also
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  BrianM38 3/11/2009, 4:25 pm

Stradic 5000 is a great reel for the money. Around $180.00 new and comes with a spare spool. Fot about the same price, A Cabo 40 is a great choice. Or you can go a little less and get a Boca 40. Basically the same design as the Cabo but less bearings I believe. Moving Up more would be a Shimano Sustain 5000 somewhere in the $225.00 range. Higher up would be a VS 150 or a ZB ZX22 Both rock solid reels but will set you back 6-800.00
BrianM38
BrianM38

Number of posts : 119

Back to top Go down

Post  Tossin Plugs 3/12/2009, 11:06 pm

thanks for all the suggestions, I was leaning towards a 710z or a cabo. I know it will be getting wet and dont need it to come apart when i am out on a jetty or on a sand bar.
Tossin Plugs
Tossin Plugs

Number of posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Post  asbury guy 3/19/2009, 8:40 pm

Are there other reels than vs's?
asbury guy
asbury guy

Number of posts : 373

http://www.asburyparkfishingclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down