Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good book to read about surf fishing

+10
612fisherman
MV Bluefish
eurojett05
rebelmusicnp
jettyjunkie
striperslayer
Driftwood
Charlie G.
naspinsz
Smoke
14 posters

Go down

A good book to read about surf fishing Empty A good book to read about surf fishing

Post  Smoke 12/29/2009, 12:17 am

Can anyone recomend a good surf fishing book to read over the winter.Lets hear some.thanks for your help.Smoke Very Happy
Smoke
Smoke

Number of posts : 4877

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

A good book to read about surf fishing Empty Re: A good book to read about surf fishing

Post  naspinsz 12/29/2009, 2:56 am

i like "On The Run", or "The Big One"

although they make you want to get to the beach as quick as possible A good book to read about surf fishing 870783 Embarassed
naspinsz
naspinsz

Number of posts : 514

Back to top Go down

A good book to read about surf fishing Empty Re: A good book to read about surf fishing

Post  Charlie G. 12/29/2009, 3:50 am

I'll 2nd "On The Run" a good read not great but good. I think Jr could even get thru it Joe.
How about one of Zeno's books. Informative and a great read.
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

Post  Driftwood 12/29/2009, 11:25 am

If you are looking to read for pleasure than try A Season On The Edge by John Skinner
If you are looking to educate yourself than I highly recommend either of DJ Muller's books A Surfcasters Guide To The Striper Coast or Striper Strategies. Also anything by Milt Rosco is very informative.
Driftwood
Driftwood

Number of posts : 206

Back to top Go down

Post  striperslayer 12/29/2009, 1:57 pm

Id have to reccomend the first of zeno's books, the art of surfcasting with lures, it is a great read and I found it packed of info. The only reason im not reccomending the second one is because I havent read it yet.
striperslayer
striperslayer

Number of posts : 325

Back to top Go down

Post  jettyjunkie 12/29/2009, 2:27 pm

Zeno's and diagnault's books are great and one of my favorites is reading the water by robert post. If there is only one book to read it's reading the water
jettyjunkie
jettyjunkie

Number of posts : 633

Back to top Go down

Post  rebelmusicnp 12/29/2009, 2:35 pm

yeah striper surf and others by frank are good books. especially stories about surf fishing in snowstorms for cod. a season on the edge was especially good in my mind. zeno's books all have great info and personal touch.
rebelmusicnp
rebelmusicnp

Number of posts : 779

Back to top Go down

Post  eurojett05 12/29/2009, 3:40 pm

How about a DVD Joe?........I am waiting on the release of "Striper Island" by Mike Laptew's....coming soon to a home theater near you..... lol!
eurojett05
eurojett05

Number of posts : 2453

Back to top Go down

Post  MV Bluefish 12/29/2009, 3:59 pm

jettyjunkie wrote:Zeno's and diagnault's books are great and one of my favorites is reading the water by robert post. If there is only one book to read it's reading the water
What he said.
MV Bluefish
MV Bluefish

Number of posts : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 12/29/2009, 4:14 pm

Thanks read all Zeno's books..Always looking for a good read..
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Post  612fisherman 12/31/2009, 2:12 am

Striper Chronicles by Leo Orsi.

Also, The Big One and On the Run.

612fisherman

Number of posts : 45

Back to top Go down

Post  jojofish 12/31/2009, 6:16 pm

Striper Surf by Frank Daignault or Surf fishing the Atlantic Coast by Eric B. Burnley
jojofish
jojofish

Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post  Bayside Arty 1/1/2010, 11:03 am

Joe I have a two copys of ON THE RUN I'll send one out to ya pm me your address
Bayside Arty
Bayside Arty

Number of posts : 162

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 1/1/2010, 8:35 pm

Bayside Arty wrote:Joe I have a two copys of ON THE RUN I'll send one out to ya pm me your address
Arty,Thank you very much for the book.i'm looking forward to reading it after my stay in the hospital. A good book to read about surf fishing 92223
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Post  rocstar21 1/1/2010, 8:49 pm

Smoke wrote:
Bayside Arty wrote:Joe I have a two copys of ON THE RUN I'll send one out to ya pm me your address
Arty,Thank you very much for the book.i'm looking forward to reading it after my stay in the hospital. A good book to read about surf fishing 92223

stay in the hospital confused

whats up Joe????
rocstar21
rocstar21

Number of posts : 2971

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 1/1/2010, 9:06 pm

rocstar21 wrote:
Smoke wrote:

stay in the hospital confused

whats up Joe????
Got to do a few more test..
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Post  REDBASS 1/1/2010, 9:49 pm

[b]DONT YOU MEAN THE LOONIE BIN A good book to read about surf fishing 56958
REDBASS
REDBASS
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2131

http://WWW.STRIPEDBASSOBSESSION.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down