Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anyone ever used this type of weight?

+26
Whiskers
crazy4stripers
fishbucket
joesfishinproblem
bstriping
big mike
8nbait
whitey
rackmaster
Charlie G.
TSC
RocksandReds
salt shaker
A.O.K.
Val@Oceanside
reeldevil
Rlyman1
Driftwood
stilltryn
slamming snizz69
fishincrazy
stevel
dozer 277
Oldsalts
SurfChick
Murphthesurf
30 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Has anyone ever used this type of weight? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has anyone ever used this type of weight?

Post  salt shaker 11/17/2009, 1:00 am

They call em frog tongues, duck bills in north carolina, and they hold pretty daggone good. Only problem is when you let em sit and they get buried in the sand you can bust a vessel getting them out. Over all pretty good weight for bait.... salt
salt shaker
salt shaker
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 181

Back to top Go down

Has anyone ever used this type of weight? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has anyone ever used this type of weight?

Post  RocksandReds 11/20/2009, 3:40 am

dozer 277 wrote:here is what i use[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hey, Dozer what are the chances of getting a hold of a couple of those to try out down here? Let me know what the $$ for a couple 6 & 8's

Thanks Chris
RocksandReds
RocksandReds

Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post  TSC 11/23/2009, 11:55 am

dozer 277 wrote:here is what i use[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Where do you buy sinkers like this?
TSC
TSC

Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  dozer 277 11/23/2009, 3:15 pm

rocks and reds just pm me an address and cover the shipping and were in business. guess i'm gonna have to get more lead and pour some more. TSC pm sent

dozer 277

Number of posts : 729

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie G. 11/28/2009, 10:22 pm

John I use them all the time Has anyone ever used this type of weight? - Page 2 92223
I feel they are the best I've used, they rank with sputniks or better.
They seem to dig in real good. I think they call them "frogs tongues"
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

Has anyone ever used this type of weight? - Page 2 Empty Frogs Tongue Hatteras style sinkers.

Post  rackmaster 11/30/2009, 11:33 pm

These sinkers are designed to move slowly down the beach so that you can actively walk and fish. You can let them sit and they will move or you can pull on them and dig them in to remain in place for a longer time. Often anglers cast these upbeach of a hole or rough water and let them sideslip through the area they want to cover. In Hatteras they typically fish them on a fish finder with a hook and leader of only 3" for big Red Drum. The drum are not shy of the weight or shortness of the leader they just suck the bait in and move off with it. Most anglers lower the rod to give them a bit of slack and then start reeling. The obvious advantage of the rig is that because it is compact you can throw it a long distance.

rackmaster

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey 12/2/2009, 9:14 pm

murph put that weight + the casting egg + bag o clams = BIG FISH :read:

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post  dozer 277 12/5/2009, 8:09 pm

rocks and reds I'll be back from florida tuesday evening. send me an address and were in business. i've got plenty at home and only loose them when i take a newbie and he offers them up to the surf gods lol. if i get enough people using them on the beach there might be a market for them. could be my retirement plan.

dozer 277

Back to top Go down

Post  8nbait 1/24/2010, 4:45 pm

Those weights have worked for me while fishing in moving water and the wind is blowing. Seem to slow the bait down. I had a couple times I was catching a good amount of bass and the guys next to me were not. They were using pyramids and I was using those kind of weights. Our bait was coming out of the same cooler and rigs were the same. I always grab some in NC when I go down cause I could never find them up this way.
8nbait
8nbait

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  Val@Oceanside 1/27/2010, 11:37 am

OMG ICANT BELIEVE THIS THREAD IS STILL ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Val@Oceanside
Val@Oceanside
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 311

Back to top Go down

Post  Murphthesurf 1/27/2010, 10:07 pm

Val@Oceanside wrote:OMG ICANT BELIEVE THIS THREAD IS STILL ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL Me too..
Murphthesurf
Murphthesurf
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1567

Back to top Go down

Post  big mike 1/31/2010, 12:01 am

if its lead and holds bottom i'll use it

big mike

Number of posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Post  salt shaker 2/6/2010, 5:53 pm

They also call em "duck bills" first saw them in the obx nc, and use em a lot. They hold good but can be a real bugger trying to bring em in when they have set for a while... over all not a bad lead... salt
salt shaker
salt shaker
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  bstriping 2/15/2010, 11:09 am

rackmaster wrote:These sinkers are designed to move slowly down the beach so that you can actively walk and fish. You can let them sit and they will move or you can pull on them and dig them in to remain in place for a longer time. Often anglers cast these upbeach of a hole or rough water and let them sideslip through the area they want to cover. In Hatteras they typically fish them on a fish finder with a hook and leader of only 3" for big Red Drum. The drum are not shy of the weight or shortness of the leader they just suck the bait in and move off with it. Most anglers lower the rod to give them a bit of slack and then start reeling. The obvious advantage of the rig is that because it is compact you can throw it a long distance.
Perfect description of what this weight is used for. Switched 2yrs ago from sputnicks to frog tongues and tripled amount of fish caught including much larger fish. The slow roll is the key. Saltshaker, never had any problem reeling them in after leaving them out there for awhile. If you have a problem reeling them in, try less weight and let it roll slowly. I also switched to the short leader on the fishfinder, no longer than 6 in and have had great results
bstriping
bstriping

Number of posts : 78

Back to top Go down

Post  salt shaker 2/15/2010, 9:27 pm

Val excuse me, but, if you think a duck bill is sexier than a frog tongue, you been hanging out with the wrong surf caster... ooops, my bad..... salt
salt shaker
salt shaker
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  joesfishinproblem 2/15/2010, 9:33 pm

holy crap we are stil talking about sinkers lol lol..this is the biggest post around wtf lol lol
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Number of posts : 1450

Back to top Go down

Post  fishbucket 2/17/2010, 4:14 pm

in the right conditions they hold very well.
they tend to work better in the heavier weights....6oz +
but there is no way they hold better than a sputnik.
a well made sputtie will out hold any other style.

fishbucket

Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  crazy4stripers 2/23/2010, 8:00 pm

Murphthesurf wrote:Has anyone ever used this type of weight ?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

yea thats a clam weight
crazy4stripers
crazy4stripers

Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Post  Val@Oceanside 2/27/2010, 4:51 pm

AAAAAAHHHHHHH THIS THREAD WILL NEVER GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS A DAMN SINKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS LEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
Val@Oceanside
Val@Oceanside
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiskers 3/29/2010, 8:15 am

Frog tongues, we make em, we sell em.
Whiskers
Whiskers

Number of posts : 3

http://www.thechumbucket.net

Back to top Go down

Post  dozer 277 3/29/2010, 1:06 pm

easy val its just a post. lol!

dozer 277

Back to top Go down

Post  Freddy 4mcola 3/29/2010, 7:49 pm

Dozer 277 I have the same mold for the weights you showed. What are they called?
Freddy 4mcola
Freddy 4mcola

Number of posts : 33

Back to top Go down

Post  joesfishinproblem 3/29/2010, 8:05 pm

can u belive this thread still going it like the engizer bunny
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Number of posts : 1450

Back to top Go down

Post  Val@Oceanside 3/30/2010, 12:07 pm

joesfishinproblem wrote:can u belive this thread still going it like the engizer bunny

no i cant, now its just retarded! and Whiskers settledown....I sell them! hahahaha
Val@Oceanside
Val@Oceanside
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  dozer 277 3/30/2010, 1:51 pm

freddy its a hilts claw surf sinker. i'm not gonna offer to sell you some val is already in a tailspin. sorry val just kidding. yes this post just wont die. just wait till the surf heats up it will be a distant memory. and to think of it i will be doing a pour sometime soon gonna make some more jigs too.

dozer 277

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next