Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hitting up my neighbors for Fluke

2 posters

Go down

Hitting up my neighbors for Fluke Empty Hitting up my neighbors for Fluke

Post  Artificial All The Way 6/26/2009, 12:38 pm

I launch from Barn and run over to the beaches for fluke.

First shot for Fluke this yr was June 15.

South Side of Fishers Island. RI was still closed and it was first day of CT and last day of NY. WHACKED! I can do a drift and hit 3 states in 2 minutes all having diff regs for the same God Dam fish. Anyways did well with a couple 25”, 26” and 27.5” fluke. No shorts at all in the morn only kepers. I ran back later that afternoon and hooked a couple dozen fish all 19 - 20". Glad I filled the cooler before that. Still good numbers all over. I made 5 stops and hit fish in each.

Yesterday I hit the RI beaches (mile off shore) and the ride there trailering my boat was longer than the fishing. All 3 of us limited out in no time with a bunch in the lower 20’s. one short that went 16”. Got back to the dock and talked with 3 other boaters. They did opposite of us so I kept my mouth shut.

So far the season looks like a good one. Last 2 weeks of July the big ones seem to stack up. I’m still looking to boat my first 10lb plus fish. Have had them on and almost to the net but not in the boat.

How you guys making out?

Jay

Artificial All The Way

Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Hitting up my neighbors for Fluke Empty Re: Hitting up my neighbors for Fluke

Post  whitey 6/26/2009, 1:38 pm

jay whats the name of your boat ... my dads boat is out of the pawcatuck river and we are always in that area to the hill and whicopessets ... i know i spelled that wrong lol

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post  Artificial All The Way 6/26/2009, 2:33 pm

I catch TONS of fish in that river. Everyone said there was no bass in it last week when I went Fluking. 4am I started casting and released 3 bass all around 40" on plastics in 3 feet of water and lost 4 more in an hour before picking up my buddy at Barn and running out. LOVE that entire area. From around Sandy point in any direction I'm on fish in minutes. Think i'm taking off a day next week to head up there.

No name on my boat. Had several and never named any. My now 3yr old boat is a Green Angler CC 173. Small enough to tow to fish and large enough to handles any waters in the Sound. I am very impressed with the waters this boat has been in. I got stuck in some snotty 8 foot crap out side the Bridge/tunnel in VA. Never took a wave over. Crapped my pants though. :lol: I can run at 40mph. 10 minutes from Barn to SS of Fishers or RI beaches. Looking to launch in RI a few times this yr. In case of snotty seas it's easy to tow to a further ramp than run it wide open bouncing off waves. I run hard so I can fish quicker. :twisted:

Artificial All The Way

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey 6/27/2009, 8:42 pm

that 3 foot area doesnt have a name that sounds like another word for sleep does it lol! i take a long walk to get there ???? Hitting up my neighbors for Fluke 622665

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post  Artificial All The Way 6/29/2009, 4:44 pm

Have no clue what the area is called. I only go from my boat. As soon as you turn into the river I hit both sides in the shallows. Really can't find a spot in that river until you hit the docks without fish. Just work all the edges. Pulled many in the 40's out of there.

Artificial All The Way

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down