Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Plastic freaks

+6
etch
Minivin5
OCsurfcaster
Husky
black talon
Artificial All The Way
10 posters

Go down

Any Plastic freaks Empty Any Plastic freaks

Post  Artificial All The Way 6/25/2009, 4:57 pm

I make all my own plastics. Most right now are large plastics for Stripers and Tuna. Started with me using 25 9” white Sluggo’s every day fishing. Added up quickly so I started playing with plastics. Stole every design of the lures I used and made a crap load of them for me and my friends. I then started making my own designs and they worked better than the sluggo’s and such I was buying by the gross. Now I’m at the point I’m having looking into getting started selling some. I need to spend lots more funds before I’m ready to start selling. Plus a web site, tax numbers, names, bla bla bla.

Anyone else here like playing with plastics?

Testing out some injection stuff. Colors are just left over plastic I had.

5.25" full rounds

Any Plastic freaks Worms

Any Plastic freaks Worm2

Any Plastic freaks Worm4

Ten inch Sluggo's and Yum

Any Plastic freaks BWsluggo

Artificial All The Way

Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Any Plastic freaks Empty Re: Any Plastic freaks

Post  black talon 6/25/2009, 5:49 pm

i see some in ther that will kill for the fall sand eel run Any Plastic freaks 870783

black talon

Number of posts : 342

Back to top Go down

Post  Husky 6/25/2009, 6:10 pm

Hey Jay, your OBSESSION for Softies has taken you to the top.
Get the Tax # and get into business. Fall will be here faster than you think!
Do you need an assistant? BTW, You might want to add FoTins to your line![b]
Husky
Husky

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Post  OCsurfcaster 6/25/2009, 6:29 pm

i mostly only use plastics, if you need any testers send em over!
OCsurfcaster
OCsurfcaster

Number of posts : 137

Back to top Go down

Post  Minivin5 6/25/2009, 6:36 pm

:shock: Those senko's look really good....er all of it looks good, you and Husky should team up and make some killer lures cheers
Minivin5
Minivin5
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1449

Back to top Go down

Post  Husky 6/25/2009, 6:54 pm

Minivin5 wrote::shock: Those senko's look really good....er all of it looks good, you and Husky should team up and make some killer lures cheers
That Connecticut Yankee doesn't need my help, but if he wants some, all he has to do is say the word.
Husky
Husky

Back to top Go down

Post  etch 6/25/2009, 10:40 pm

Husky wrote:
Minivin5 wrote::shock: Those senko's look really good....er all of it looks good, you and Husky should team up and make some killer lures cheers
That Connecticut Yankee doesn't need my help, but if he wants some, all he has to do is say the word.

he does awesome work :you da man: Any Plastic freaks 560155 but he would be a FOOL if he refused your offer of help, your mouldmaking,and releated skills set the bar along time ago, :you da man: :you da man: now imagiine the 2 of you as a team, making me a rubber Etch bull frog :idea: Any Plastic freaks 622665

Etch :.......:
etch
etch

Number of posts : 1193

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com/Etch-Custom-Lures-h2.htm

Back to top Go down

Any Plastic freaks Empty BIG RED LETTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  fishincrazy 6/25/2009, 10:45 pm

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers cheers cheers
All I can say!!!!I love plastic and freaks for that matter!!!!!!!!! :affraid: That stuff is sick!!!!!!Do any creatures???

FC

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Husky 6/25/2009, 10:57 pm

etch wrote:
Husky wrote:

he does awesome work :you da man: Any Plastic freaks 560155 but he would be a FOOL if he refused your offer of help, your mouldmaking,and releated skills set the bar along time ago, :you da man: :you da man: now imagiine the 2 of you as a team, making me a rubber Etch bull frog :idea: Any Plastic freaks 622665

Etch :.......:
Etch, it's as good as done. Do you have a model? You have my address, right?

Last edited by Husky on 6/25/2009, 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Husky
Husky

Back to top Go down

Post  joesfishinproblem 6/25/2009, 11:04 pm

Husky wrote:Hey Jay, your OBSESSION for Softies has taken you to the top.
Do you need an assistant? BTW, You might want to add FoTins to your line![b]

i will vouch for the fotins they are the only lure i carry when i go out to catch fish and not carry heavy tackle.....they are number one in my book....i just recevied a few more from husky that have been tweeked by him and they look great and the weight feels prefect they will be getting the test in the field tomorrow...i will keep u guys up dated.............. Any Plastic freaks 870783
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Number of posts : 1450

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 6/25/2009, 11:08 pm

top notch work...... Any Plastic freaks 92223
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Husky 6/25/2009, 11:23 pm

joesfishinproblem wrote:
Husky wrote:Hey Jay, your OBSESSION for Softies has taken you to the top.
Do you need an assistant? BTW, You might want to add FoTins to your line!

i will vouch for the fotins they are the only lure i carry when i go out to catch fish and not carry heavy tackle.....they are number one in my book....i just recevied a few more from husky that have been tweeked by him and they look great and the weight feels prefect they will be getting the test in the field tomorrow...i will keep u guys up dated.............. Any Plastic freaks 870783
Hey Joe, thanks for the vote of confidence, but with you as the tester, it's like having A-ROD as a Bat tester. I'll await your report with much jealousy. Very Happy
[b]AATW is one heck of a Softie afficienado.(sp) He is the Go To guy for anyone who wants Primo Softies.

Sorry Tim. but it's true! :lol:
Husky
Husky

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey 6/26/2009, 10:48 am

nice stuff i use the white hodini shads and do well .. good job

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post  Artificial All The Way 6/26/2009, 12:15 pm

Thanks guys. I will be making anything people want. Ask and you shall receive.

Husky already sent me some cool stuff I plan on testing this weekend. That lure was made to trailer plastics. No doubt it will attrack fish to it.

After I made proto type molds and perfected the actions I have metal very costly molds made so the lures are perfect.
Like I said I was focused on my own lures I was buying which are all large plastics. Dam yums were 11 bucks for 3. It is a great lure with lots of volume of plastic. But I can do better so I did. I have some giant 16-18” long with just a single hook in the head that have kicked butt. People see me with them on poles in my boat and laugh. That is until they see a pic of what I let go while they skunk out. LOL
I have a few lines of new plastics I designed that have gone through much testing and have caught crap loads of Stripers. Lures that catch fish must have the look of something the fish wants to eat and more importantly the action that makes them want to kill it. Motion triggers reaction attacks.

As for the selling I still have LOTS to research. Looking into Copy Writes and Patents sucks. Not like I have the 20 G’s needed sitting in my pocket doing nothing. Still trying to figure out where the 44 G’s for my number 2 son’s tuition is coming from in Aug and I have 2 more with in the next 5yrs going away to schools. .

I was a tool maker many moons ago and now I’m a CM Systems Eng. I save tons by designing my own stuff and drawing them in 3D models to input step files into CNC machines. Feed my friends beer for machine time and so on but it still is a huge cost to get going the right way.

I will start selling copies and other stuff prior to legal. Screw it. They don’t come after little guys but if you start pumping out Sluggo’s for sale court dates are not to far off. So I'll take care of anything you guys want copies of.

Made this Sluggo mold last night to modify to include a wire leader down the center. Funny it is Blue since I am making these for Blues. Wasn’t the plan I just noticed. Anyways I stuck a single hook up front and a treble trailer. Last ten Blues before the middle part was bitten out. But the leader worked great and never lost a fish.

This morn I ran out before work for a few casts. Sand Eels as far as I could see getting ripped up by blues. Tried several times to get under them hoping for a bass. Nothing doing. 2 seconds after anything hit the water a 7-9lb blue hammered it. Going to see if I can pick up some Fluke around the outer edges of one of these schools later. And YES I already have a kickass Sandeel set of platics I will be putting out. Most under used bait fish lure in the ocean.

Can you tell I don't find this meeting interesting? :lol: Yes i'm at work. :roll:

Any Plastic freaks 0626090826

Artificial All The Way

Back to top Go down

Post  Husky 6/26/2009, 1:11 pm

Artificial All The Way wrote:Thanks guys. I will be making anything people want. Ask and you shall receive. :roll: (font modification by Husky)

Can you tell I don't find this meeting interesting? :lol: Yes i'm at work. :roll:

TFF!! Hey your designs are original and not copies of what someone else is selling. 35 -40 years ago, two guys came up with the Alou Eel and Bait Tails. Everything since is just variations. Sometimes it's the subtle changes that make a lure unique. Judging from some of your fish pictures, You've made all the right changes :study: .

I knew you were worth poaching from that site that charges too much! :lol:
Come to think of it, I believe I was the one who told you about it, way back when! Very Happy
Husky
Husky

Back to top Go down

Post  Artificial All The Way 6/26/2009, 2:46 pm

You know I think you're right. :lol: You did send me there.

There's lots of original stuff you can do as well as variations making designs better.

I laugh when old school stuff becomes new again. As a kid we used car gas hose with a bluefish leader threw them to troll with. Cost nothing. Blues and bass sucked them down.

Now you can buy the ALL NEW T&W setup (10 bucks a tube), plus easy keel weight change (8 bucks) and 6 buck for a dozen sandworms.

Artificial All The Way

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down