Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

createx clear

+2
Sephus3
126andy
6 posters

Go down

createx clear Empty createx clear

Post  126andy 4/20/2009, 11:36 pm

Can someone tell me where I would be able to find createx clear for a topcoat on plugs. I've been using devcon epoxy but wabted to try this stuff out since I've been hearing so much aboout it. I tried Michaels but they said they don't carry it only the colors. I tried searching ebay but have come up with nothing. Maybe I'm not calling it the right stuff or using the wrong keywords in my searches. :scratch:
Thanks for any help.
126andy
126andy
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 711

http://afteryoufishing.com

Back to top Go down

createx clear Empty Re: createx clear

Post  Sephus3 4/20/2009, 11:42 pm

Andy do you mean E-tex (Envirotex)? Which Michael and AC Moore carry, it's over by the wood carving and finishing area.
Sephus3
Sephus3
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 293

Back to top Go down

Post  REDBASS 4/20/2009, 11:59 pm

I THINK YOU ARE LOOKING FOR ENVIROTEX EPOXY. ONE THING IF YOU USE IT. YOU NEED TOO SPIN THE PLUGS TOO DRY. I SPIN THEM FOR ABOUT 6 TOO 8 HOURS.
REDBASS
REDBASS
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2131

http://WWW.STRIPEDBASSOBSESSION.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  soot 4/21/2009, 1:32 am

REDBASS wrote:I THINK YOU ARE LOOKING FOR ENVIROTEX EPOXY. ONE THING IF YOU USE IT. YOU NEED TOO SPIN THE PLUGS TOO DRY. I SPIN THEM FOR ABOUT 6 TOO 8 HOURS.

I do not have a spinner and have had a lot of luck doing the following:

-Apply a very thin coat of etex

-Hang plug vertically (nose up or tail up)

-Flip after 10 min.

-Flip after 15 min.

-Flip after 30 min.

-Flip after 45 min.

-Flip after 60 min.

By that time the epoxy has lost a lot of its viscosity and has stopped running freely for the most part. If you're still awake (assuming you begin in the morning/afternoon) you can continue to flip it every hour or so for another few hours but I've gotten professional quality results (you literally can't tell the difference in the quality of the epoxy between mine and an RM/AH/J.N-Ski/etc...) just doing what I explained above.
soot
soot
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 116

Back to top Go down

Post  126andy 4/21/2009, 3:32 pm

REDBASS wrote:I THINK YOU ARE LOOKING FOR ENVIROTEX EPOXY. ONE THING IF YOU USE IT. YOU NEED TOO SPIN THE PLUGS TOO DRY. I SPIN THEM FOR ABOUT 6 TOO 8 HOURS.

Seph--Found it, my problem was I was looking over by the airbrushes.

Red--I've been waiting to use it until I got a spinner but word has it I will be getting one very soon from a member here cheers did you hear that rumor too Seph? cheers

When I was at Michaels today picking up the e-tex lite I saw that they had the 1" foam brushes that are usually .39 each priced at 20 for $1.00 stocked up on those too. When I got to the counter the girl there rang up my order and pulled out a 40% off coupon so it turned out that my whole order cost me less than the 16oz bottles of e-tex cost.
126andy
126andy
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  rebelmusicnp 4/21/2009, 4:28 pm

126andy wrote:

Seph--Found it, my problem was I was looking over by the airbrushes.

Red--I've been waiting to use it until I got a spinner but word has it I will be getting one very soon from a member here cheers did you hear that rumor too Seph? cheers

When I was at Michaels today picking up the e-tex lite I saw that they had the 1" foam brushes that are usually .39 each priced at 20 for $1.00 stocked up on those too. When I got to the counter the girl there rang up my order and pulled out a 40% off coupon so it turned out that my whole order cost me less than the 16oz bottles of e-tex cost.

i had the same thing happen to me. i know people out there have talked about using foam brushes for etex and i tried it on a couple plugs. hated it. the finish was nothing like when i brush it on and there were tiny foam bubbles from the brush that were hard to get out. just me...i'm sure others swear by it.
rebelmusicnp
rebelmusicnp

Number of posts : 779

Back to top Go down

Post  soot 4/21/2009, 4:33 pm

rebelmusicnp wrote:i know people out there have talked about using foam brushes for etex and i tried it on a couple plugs. hated it. the finish was nothing like when i brush it on and there were tiny foam bubbles from the brush that were hard to get out. just me...i'm sure others swear by it.

I had problems with the foam brushes too. Not so much bubbles as little pieces of foam breaking off in the epoxy. Not a problem on dark plugs but on white or yellow they're very visible. I don't think the fish'll care, but it is what it is.
soot
soot
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 116

Back to top Go down

Post  FJR 4/21/2009, 7:35 pm

No spinner here either, I do pretty much the same as soot. Use a propane torch to get the air bubbles out of the finish, just make sure you keep it moving. Also some of the things you may think are bubbles are actually dust, so you pretty much have to live with that.
FJR
FJR
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1577

Back to top Go down

Post  Sephus3 4/21/2009, 8:16 pm

Sorry Andy working on it, Humble apologies Embarassed My life keeps getting in the way of my free time :evil:

Sephus3
Sephus3
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 293

Back to top Go down

Post  126andy 4/21/2009, 11:44 pm

Sephus3 wrote:Sorry Andy working on it, Humble apologies Embarassed My life keeps getting in the way of my free time :evil:

Seph
Not a problem I'm in no rush, whenever you get some time. I appreciate what you're doing for me.
126andy
126andy
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down