Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Van Stall reel ??

+2
smitty
surffishn
6 posters

Go down

Van Stall reel  ?? Empty Van Stall reel ??

Post  surffishn 4/14/2009, 9:03 pm

If I would buy a used VS and something breaks can I get it serviced? Since I am not the original I am sure no warrenty.But If I send it in for repair would it cost a arm and a leg.Or should I just wait till I can buy new?

surffishn
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 151

Back to top Go down

Van Stall reel  ?? Empty Re: Van Stall reel ??

Post  smitty 4/14/2009, 9:07 pm

not sure but i think you can...

i also am trying to carry them in the on-line store if thay will ever get back to me.....
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 4/14/2009, 9:08 pm

If you buy it with the papers I don't see why not.Somebody here will know!!!

FC :lol:

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 4/14/2009, 9:40 pm

Heres the Deal with VS(The Only Spinner i use )Van Staal will fix anything , they charge out of the ass . But now with the self service kits anyone can do it ..

Alot of Vs are stolen now a days (like Mine) So check the serials , because if you send a stolen reel to VS you will not get it back .....

Best Reel Out there , blows Zee Baas outa the water ....Buy one then you will want all sizes
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  surffishn 4/14/2009, 11:47 pm

There were two VS 250G on flea bay.The guy listed serial# 10747 and 14720 any way I can check to see if hot? Cause I want the guy arrested if they are and I sure do not want a stolen reel.I can't imagine sellin stolen stuff on public auction site.But who knows these days! One did not have any bids did not sell.I bought the other for $450. The drag clickers were broke on both reels. Did I get A deal or should I have said no deal? The Pic looked decent but now I have to wait and see.

surffishn
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 151

Back to top Go down

Post  rebelmusicnp 4/14/2009, 11:59 pm

rinse it after you use it and you really don't need to service it. the only thing i ever had to do with mine is replace the handle on my 150 because the threading stripped. it's apparently something that happened to them a lot and the reason the newer ones have a non breakdown style handle. they fish like the day i bought them. don't fix something that's not broken!
rebelmusicnp
rebelmusicnp

Number of posts : 779

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 4/15/2009, 12:17 am

For some reason 150 handle are Infamous for Breaking .. I rinse my gear every night i get home .
Just take the hose out and get the reel and your rod good ...

I bought VS because i literally beat the shit outa my gear .On both my VS's stood up to a pounding ....

Call Vs and see if the Nubers are listed , The problem with the gold is when it fades and gets scratch its silver under neath .My Black VS reall stand out with scratches .

So my 2 new reels are both silver

I am VS 4life
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  monty 4/15/2009, 12:22 am

surffishn wrote:There were two VS 250G on flea bay.The guy listed serial# 10747 and 14720 any way I can check to see if hot? Cause I want the guy arrested if they are and I sure do not want a stolen reel.I can't imagine sellin stolen stuff on public auction site.But who knows these days! One did not have any bids did not sell.I bought the other for $450. The drag clickers were broke on both reels. Did I get A deal or should I have said no deal? The Pic looked decent but now I have to wait and see.
Thats not an accidental break of the drag washers, most people do it, including myself. This way when you have a crowd at night not everyone heres your drag peeling on a fish...you fite it in silence.

Vs charges 50 bucks just to get the reel serviced.
Now! If your reel is broken, dont go and buy the dam service kit :idea: Thats for if you wanna open your reel, regrease it, replace sticky drag washers, crap like that. if you have a bent shaft, traverse guide, missaligned pins in your reel send it back. Sure, your gonan get it up the ass but its well worth it. I was beign an ass and opened mine up a year back, Besides bending the traverse guide, missaligning pins and messing up the housing, it was $150 as my reel was serviced every year for 6 years, so they lower the price. 50 for the average service, 70 for the traverse guide and 30 for the housing.

Make it very clear you want a price back before they start screwing with your reel, otherwise they will fix it and charge you as much as neccesarry, and it can sometimes bea little too mcuh to be worth it.
Nick

monty

Number of posts : 290

Back to top Go down

Post  Fishtale 4/15/2009, 8:35 pm

surffishn wrote:If I would buy a used VS and something breaks can I get it serviced? Since I am not the original I am sure no warrenty.But If I send it in for repair would it cost a arm and a leg.Or should I just wait till I can buy new?

If the serial number is below 5000 or 7000 (can't remember which one it is) the lifetime warranty would be in effect IF you do the following:
1 - Send the reel in now for service, they will re-register it in your name (you will pay for this service) AND...
2 - You must send it in annually for service, if you do this, the warranty will last forever, but if you don't send it in annually, you'll get no warranty. You may be able to hagle them down to every other year or so, but good luck with that. Send Craig from VanStaal an e-mail, he'll answer any question you have, trust me!

If your number is above 7000, then there is no warranty at all. The newer ones only carry a limited 1 year warranty.
Fishtale
Fishtale

Number of posts : 432

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down