Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sea girt

+10
Charlie G.
Murphthesurf
Rick..stillcasting
Kevnmary
fish factor
holymackeral
Chisel
stevel
joesfishinproblem
gaelicwarrior
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

sea girt  Empty sea girt

Post  gaelicwarrior 9/20/2010, 9:08 am

hello all, i left this for a week as to not burn any spots but its bothering me,

sat last wk i was fishing the jetties of sea girt beach area and north late into night and around 3am went to parking lot for a knap at spring lake parking lot to be woken up shortly after by a bump,
which turned out to be a guy climbing of my truck with his buddies shouting back "did you get it",
total of 4 guys in a dark colored suv i think ford,
and they just weren't just crooks they where fishermen all geared up wearing korkers.
truck had nj tags.(which i gave to cops)
my vs was locked into rod vault which i am very grateful saved it but i am still angry and want to find these sob.
i told some local cops and friends of mine who fish the area ,just letting you all know be careful out there and if you where in that 4x4 on my truck and reading this next time hang around for me to get out of my truck i have something for you.

thank sbo and sorry to rant on.

gaelicwarrior

Number of posts : 167

Back to top Go down

sea girt  Empty Re: sea girt

Post  joesfishinproblem 9/20/2010, 9:37 am

scum bags i wish i could catch just one guy....i been fish those areas too thanks for the heads up
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Number of posts : 1450

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 9/20/2010, 10:38 am

people can be real a$$holes... mad mad ...glad they didnt get the vs...hope someone catches them next time....
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

sea girt  Empty sea girt

Post  gaelicwarrior 9/20/2010, 10:51 am

someone will,
i've been parking in same spot this past sat and plan to again next wk until either the fish stop running or i get em.

gaelicwarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Chisel 9/20/2010, 12:34 pm

WTF This pisses me off. mad Hope they get Whats coming sooner than later

Chisel

Number of posts : 68

Back to top Go down

Post  holymackeral 9/20/2010, 2:52 pm

what scumbags.... it seems they are not fisherman but people who fish... it seems they can't afford the top of the line stuf so they are going to try and take it.... a-holes like this need to be keel-hauled or dragged behind someones truck down an uneven gravel path.... hope someone other than the cops catch them.... they will probably get the justice they deserve and not just a slap on the wrist....

holymackeral
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1383

Back to top Go down

Post  fish factor 9/20/2010, 2:54 pm

To all those dirt bags it's gonna bite them in there .ss
fish factor
fish factor
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2092

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 9/20/2010, 2:59 pm

Did they know you were in the truck? Did you confront them or were they gone before you could get out? Could you tell if they were kids?
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  gaelicwarrior 9/20/2010, 5:15 pm

no they thought truck empty ,
my truck has heavy tints so at night you cant see inside her,
my own fault i didnt think fast enough my instinct was to turn on truck with high beams and put a light on them,
i thought i was going to be robbed at gun point,
i should have stayed quiet and gotten my boots on to say hello,
they where grown ass men and i will recognise them again,
i have out of state tags on my truck so perhaps they thought was easy target,whatever the reason next time i wil be ready and waiting

gaelicwarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 9/20/2010, 5:25 pm

holymackeral wrote:what scumbags.... it seems they are not fisherman but people who fish... it seems they can't afford the top of the line stuf so they are going to try and take it.... a-holes like this need to be keel-hauled or dragged behind someones truck down an uneven gravel path.... hope someone other than the cops catch them.... they will probably get the justice they deserve and not just a slap on the wrist....

WELL SAID TOM.... sea girt  560155 sea girt  92223 sea girt  560155
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  joesfishinproblem 9/20/2010, 6:35 pm

ok well this is not as it seams warrior..i spoke to one of my friends that fishes that same area to give him a heads up...well it was them messing with u..as for climbing out of ur truck thats not wat happen..they shook ur truck seeing u in there sleeping....u know messing with the new york guy...they r gonna post up and let u know it was them and not to worry...

jfp
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick..stillcasting 9/20/2010, 7:33 pm

I was informed that this post existed and can publicly denounce my poor decision... though I'm actually glad because it may help prevent stuff from being stolen as we all need to be diligent when it comes to our stuff.

My story... I .. along with my 2 fishing buddies.. parked a couple slots west of you and fished a few hrs,, we all commented on seeing your VS and thought it was rather unusual,, commenting on ,,"hope the guy is in the truck" as we all know the shitty stories of stuff being stolen..We also observed your NY plates and hoped person knew better,,though NY or whatever plates it doesn't matter.. I commented it should be hooked up to his battery for a very bad charge to anybody that touches it.. There was one guy fishing above the pipe when we entered beach,, we hoped it wasnt owner of VS/rod as he was xxx amt of yards from said vehicle.
Upon our return to lot I walked over and outa being stupid and curious I rocked your truck.. I did not climb on your truck... nor did I touch any other part of your truck other than giving it a medium shove on drivers side... I rocked your truck and walked back to my buddies vehicle,, as I entered vehicle you shined a light on me,, where upon my buddies called me certain words and said lets leave b4 we get shot.
This was approx 12midnight,, we didn't have korkers on,, we were only 3 guys,, my buddies never yelled "did you get it?"not an SUV nor a Ford..I apologize for waking you up. Yes.. I was an ass. I was also glad you were in the truck... and didn't shoot or beat me up.
Hope that is the last incident you experience along the jersey shore in a negative way... I'm also glad you didn't scare the crap outa me as I rocked your truck.

Rick..stillcasting

Number of posts : 385

Back to top Go down

Post  Murphthesurf 9/20/2010, 7:36 pm

You should have started your truck and ran them the F**k over...
Murphthesurf
Murphthesurf
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1567

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 9/20/2010, 8:13 pm

rick... wow wow wow ...shame on u.....for that u get this... homo .... lol! ... sea girt  622665
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

sea girt  Empty reel

Post  gaelicwarrior 9/20/2010, 8:16 pm

an interesting read.

that reel is well known on the east coast as being mine and as to what it is,if it ever turns up in someone elses hands there will be alot to explain .

tight lines folks

gaelicwarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie G. 9/20/2010, 8:36 pm

Shame this all happened to you warrior but I can say this, I have known and fished with Rick for years and he is not a person to steal anything. Shame on you Rick, Lucky you and the guys you were with weren't shot kidding around like that at midnight.
I was not there but it is a shame that maybe an out of state tag may have been a factor. This can happen to any vehicle that is not recognized from that area I've been told. That is one reason I have never been keen on traveling to that area to fish. A lot of rumors in the past about drugs and robberies, stealing fishing gear and real mugging. No fish is worth that bull $hit.
Maybe we should embrace fellow fisherman and not screw with others who are visitors to local waters and shore line. They are not the enemies.
Warrior again if Rick says it was not a malicious act, I hope you can believe that and forgive the act.
By the way how was the fishing sea girt  870783 up there warrior ??
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

Post  gaelicwarrior 9/20/2010, 8:49 pm

charlie fishing was just a constant pick of shorts but nothing big,
fished the derby sunday after that and going back up this week,
havent seen anything under 25lbs since got up there.more 30 and 4lb fish than anywhere else i've ever seen.
worth the trip for anyone who has been thinking about it.

gaelicwarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldsalts 9/20/2010, 9:03 pm

The whole thing is ashame ...!!!!

Fish South Jersey Next time.....!!!!!...LOL

Rick your a stand up guy for coming out and fessing up to your Joke...

And you know i will fish with you anytime ....!!!

Warrior Sorry for the un-welcome New Jersey visit ...

And i would fish with you anytime also ...

Tight Lines sea girt  870783
Oldsalts
Oldsalts

Number of posts : 2037

http://www.Smittyplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick..stillcasting 9/20/2010, 9:37 pm

I know I'm a person of high integrity.
I fessed that I performed this stunt and that it was absent of malice.
I could've never visited here and all would be no wiser.
Stealing is not part of my persona... shoving truck is.. with all we read of concerning gear being stolen I was slightly bewildered seeing it there beckoning to be taken by some low life scumbag fishing gear stealer.It was high up there,, if I stood on truck believe me,,Warrior would've gotten my ass. I was pleasantly stunned to get beamed by light,, we should've backed-up in hindsight and allowed me to explain..but didn't happen.
Charlie... this isn't something I feel Shameful of or about,, there was never intent.... nor was this a prank on outatowner,, that played no part in my 15 seconds of,,," damn,, there's gotta be someone in there?..and I just hada know" so curiosity got best of me and a shove later,, and internet historonics is made.
Murphthesurf,,,if you read my remarks then posted your thoughts,, I say Shame on you!
Warrior... I owe you a beer or two. Please communicate with me next time considering fishing this region,, my backyard. I would like to introduce myself and share some local surf fishing knowledge,, as in lets catch some bass.
Thanks Ed/Charlie.

Rick..stillcasting

Back to top Go down

Post  rebelmusicnp 9/20/2010, 10:40 pm

"stealing is not my persona....shoving truck is". i almost woke up my daughter laughing. that is classic and says it all. how do i get my VS's known throughout the northeast? i mean did george washington use them or something? were they exhumed from a pyramid? funny story but i was expecting a lot of new emoticons.
rebelmusicnp
rebelmusicnp

Number of posts : 779

Back to top Go down

Post  gaelicwarrior 9/20/2010, 10:43 pm

no harm no foul,
rick you dont owe me anything and if you want to know about the reel next time you see my truck just ask ,

good fishing everyone .

gaelicwarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  joesfishinproblem 9/20/2010, 11:10 pm

rick were u ever by something fishy last year...hmmmm rick we need to interview him about my reel too...rick u sun of a bee och...hahaha
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Back to top Go down

Post  gaffmaster 9/21/2010, 10:11 am

Why didn't you just holler over to the guy to not put his gear out in the open when he shined the light on you instead of taking off ????. Or better yet tap on the window and just see if he was in the truck and tell him to hide his bling when not using it.
GW probably would of rolled his window down and said thanks.
You are lucky that your fooling around shaking the truck wasn't taken the wrong way and you didn't get run over or worse.
Just proves that if you go out to fish, fish.

Do commend you for stepping up, apologizing and resolving the issue.

gaffmaster

Number of posts : 56

Back to top Go down

Post  Tossin Plugs 9/21/2010, 10:19 am

Rick, do you have any reels to sell you may have found laying around here or there.
Tossin Plugs
Tossin Plugs

Number of posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick..stillcasting 9/21/2010, 10:47 am

I wasn't driving vehicle to turn around and talk about it,hindsight is like Monday quarterbacking.as I agree we should've. and my buddies were laughing at my action and it was just all dumb. ... also his windows are tinted. ..and yes I'm glad my actions didn't escalate into something bad,, which I'm reasonably confident wouldn't have occured with some quick words.
I never got close enough to inspect your reel,, I think it was a black VS that was easy enough to see.
Joe ,,when I bought your reels for you... on 2 occasions,as your first was stolen.. I did make sure you got your free hat,, then a free bag w/o requesting any sort of kick back.. kinda stuff friends do.
Tossin everytime you leave my garage I'm missing something,, and who got you into the biggest fish of the Spring?
Thanks all for the Love.. Peace
Safe fishing to all this Fall.

Rick..stillcasting

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum