Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NY Saltwater License

5 posters

Go down

NY Saltwater License Empty NY Saltwater License

Post  Fishtale 4/7/2009, 7:21 pm

NY Licenses: Are supposed to go into effect from Jan 1 thru Dec 31 (calendar year). This is according to the article in the The Fisherman..The current license structure covers reciprocity from states bordering NY waters (NJ, CT & RI) but they are unsure if it will only include boaters who venture into neighboring states waters or for both boaters and land based fisherman driving to another state to fish. It also only pertains to states that have a license program in place. So if the three states listed above do not copitulate to the feds, then there is no reciprocity.

RESIDENT FEE:
$10--- Annual
$8-----7 Days
$4-----1 Day
$150---Lifetime

NON RESIDENT:
$15--- Annual
$10--- 7 Days
$5---- 1 Day
Fishtale
Fishtale

Number of posts : 432

Back to top Go down

NY Saltwater License Empty Re: NY Saltwater License

Post  Smoke 4/7/2009, 11:46 pm

YEP I SEEN IT IN THE FISHERMEN TODAY :twisted:
Smoke
Smoke

Number of posts : 4877

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  REDBASS 4/8/2009, 12:33 am

I WOULD BE FOR THE SALT WATER LICENSE. AS LONG AS THE MONEY GOES BACK INTO THE MARINE WATERS. WHERE THE MONEY WOULD DO SOME GOOD.IF THEY ARE PUTTING THE MONEY IN A GENERAL FUND ITS GONE.LOST FOR EVER. THE FISHERMEN LOSE .THERE WILL BE NO MONEY PUT BACK IN TOO OUR WATERS. THE FEDS WILL USE THE MONEY TOO BUY 100 $ HAMMERS OR SOMETHING STUPID.

JUST MY 1/2 CENTS
REDBASS
REDBASS
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2131

http://WWW.STRIPEDBASSOBSESSION.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Fishtale 4/8/2009, 5:36 pm

Why would you get **** for that?? I think it should be 80%! Long Island is the only place to fish SALT water. Yes you can fish up to the Troy Dam (tidal flow in the Hudson) but that is brackish water, not salt. Over 80% of the people who get this stupid license will be from the island or city area, so I can see people wanting the majority of the money staying here. This is why Long Island should become it's own state and part ways with NY state. All the revenue generated here goes to Albany and only a portion of it comes back! It's bullshit! I denounce the license and promote the State of Long Island!
Fishtale
Fishtale

Back to top Go down

Post  Fishtale 4/8/2009, 5:50 pm

GSB_Bucktails wrote:Fish

I get shit for everything i say !!!!!

I wont get into the whole shoreram thing either

Did you fish the SS Classic last year on RM 2 ?

I will pay whatever they want so i can have my piece of mind

Let me run

I am all over the place , back to the bench !!!!!!!!
Fished RM 2 during the Classic for only a few hours, most of time was spent tossin chunks near Joe's little corner of the beach on the "other" side. BTW, there is a tourney the weekend after Memorial day. The SS Striper Classic (it's the old Spring Rodeo with a new name) JB to Moriches...
Fishtale
Fishtale

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeybonz 4/8/2009, 5:53 pm

not good news unless like posted the money get used for good!! 150$ for a lifettime license did i read that right that ant bad!

p.s will this be like other state licences only 1 license for both fresh and salt or no ?? mike
mikeybonz
mikeybonz
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1048

Back to top Go down

Post  Fishtale 4/8/2009, 6:09 pm

mikeybonz wrote:not good news unless like posted the money get used for good!! 150$ for a lifettime license did i read that right that ant bad!

p.s will this be like other state licences only 1 license for both fresh and salt or no ?? mike
Yes to the lifetime for salt. Not Sure about the annual combo salt/fresh, but the lifetime combo is $450..Keep in mind, that lifetime license does NOT include all the future stamps; Stripers, Fluke, Blackfish, etc... that will certainly be added in a few years, if not sooner! This subject really makes my blood boil! FREE country my ASS!!! The only thing you have a Right to do is give the governement your money!
Fishtale
Fishtale

Back to top Go down

Post  monty 4/8/2009, 6:39 pm

We nailed those out of state bastards with fees! cheers Maybe that means less out of state parking for the SS and f****** up our access? :scratch: :twisted:
Nick

Last edited by GSB_Bucktails on 4/8/2009, 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : We have alot of Jersey friends here !!!!!)

monty

Number of posts : 290

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeybonz 4/9/2009, 12:18 pm

thats insane they want to offer season stamps on top of a license fee thats bs~~~
mikeybonz
mikeybonz
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1048

Back to top Go down

Post  Fishtale 4/9/2009, 4:59 pm

mikeybonz wrote:thats insane they want to offer season stamps on top of a license fee thats bs~~~
They do it for fresh water; Trout and now Salmon. They do it for hunters too. It's all 100% bullshit! It's just a way for the government to legally steal your money. It's kinda like organized crime in old days; you want concrete?? You pay us first... It's basically leagalized racketeering that ONLY the governement can do.
Fishtale
Fishtale

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 4/9/2009, 7:11 pm

Fishtale wrote:
mikeybonz wrote:thats insane they want to offer season stamps on top of a license fee thats bs~~~
They do it for fresh water; Trout and now Salmon. They do it for hunters too. It's all 100% bullshit! It's just a way for the government to legally steal your money. It's kinda like organized crime in old days; you want concrete?? You pay us first... It's basically leagalized racketeering that ONLY the governement can do.
Chris,everyone has there hand out..its only going to get worst before its gets better. :evil:
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Post  Fishtale 4/9/2009, 7:58 pm

smokinjoe wrote:
Fishtale wrote:
Chris,everyone has there hand out..its only going to get worst before its gets better. :evil:
Yeh, I know, but the problem is; when it does get better, the fees never go down!
Fishtale
Fishtale

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 4/10/2009, 9:43 pm

Just wait untile they close some of our beaches because of the plovers.. :evil: :evil: :jerk off: :jerk off:
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Post  REDBASS 4/10/2009, 11:38 pm

:scratch: :scratch: THEY CLOSE OUR BEACHES EVERY YEAR FOR THE PLOVERS. SO WHATS NEW. THE BIRD RANKS HIGHER THEN WE DO. confused
REDBASS
REDBASS
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 4/11/2009, 9:12 am

smokinjoe wrote:Just wait untile they close some of our beaches because of the plovers.. :evil: :evil: :jerk off: :jerk off:
I just wanted to get fishtales going with this post,there is 1 spot/tip/rip we all like to fish and the walk is killer. :evil:

REDBASS wrote::scratch: :scratch: THEY CLOSE OUR BEACHES EVERY YEAR FOR THE PLOVERS. SO WHATS NEW. THE BIRD RANKS HIGHER THEN WE DO. confused
see above :evil: they close alot beaches around mid/May to Sept.. :evil:
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Post  Fishtale 4/11/2009, 10:52 am

smokinjoe wrote:
smokinjoe wrote:Just wait untile they close some of our beaches because of the plovers.. :evil: :evil: :jerk off: :jerk off:
I just wanted to get fishtales going with this post,there is 1 spot/tip/rip we all like to fish and the walk is killer. :evil:

REDBASS wrote::scratch: :scratch: THEY CLOSE OUR BEACHES EVERY YEAR FOR THE PLOVERS. SO WHATS NEW. THE BIRD RANKS HIGHER THEN WE DO. confused
see above :evil: they close alot beaches around mid/May to Sept.. :evil:

Hahaha, you did get me going. I got so agrivated about it, I walked away from the computer! That walk is a tremendous killer! I think I might buy a kayak and just paddle accross to that spot, it might even be a shorter route than the walk. Birds are great, as long as they are on the Bar-b-que! Although, in one of the closed areas about two years ago, I actually saw an Oyster Catcher, that bright orange beak was pretty cool looking up close.

NY Saltwater License 800px-Haematopus_bachmani
Fishtale
Fishtale

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 4/11/2009, 11:01 am

Dont know if i ever seen one of them,nice looking bird tho. 8)
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Post  Fishtale 4/11/2009, 2:10 pm

Actually saw a Pelican a few years ago at the RM boat basin behind the park office. I had to do a double take but it definately was a pelican.
Fishtale
Fishtale

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 4/11/2009, 2:43 pm

Fishtale wrote:Actually saw a Pelican a few years ago at the RM boat basin behind the park office. I had to do a double take but it definately was a pelican.
Last year me and steve p coming off the beach and that sign that says entering gilgo there was an owl on it.lol 8)
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 4/11/2009, 6:16 pm

You can always paddle across.as long as that current is'nt moving 5 knts 👅

Last edited by smokinjoe on 6/22/2009, 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Post  Fishtale 4/11/2009, 6:25 pm

NY Saltwater License 348-0jn09ojcNY Saltwater License 347-577vne7z
Fishtale
Fishtale

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 4/11/2009, 6:33 pm

Fishtale wrote:NY Saltwater License 348-0jn09ojcNY Saltwater License 347-577vne7z
I like that.lol..:twisted: lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! :twisted:
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Post  REDBASS 4/11/2009, 11:05 pm

smokinjoe wrote:
Fishtale wrote:NY Saltwater License 348-0jn09ojcNY Saltwater License 347-577vne7z
I like that.lol..:twisted: lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! :twisted:

FIRE UP TH BBQ
REDBASS
REDBASS
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content