Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heads UP!!!

+7
fishpro
asbury guy
jettyjunkie
fish factor
Kevnmary
BrianM38
fishincrazy
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Heads UP!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heads UP!!!

Post  BrianM38 4/15/2009, 5:31 pm

fish factor wrote:fishingcrazy and kevinmary i couldnt have said it better this is a great feeling to know that
fellow fisherman do care about a spot i lived and fished in for over 25 years and once
again thank you all for your time and help

FC just took a big hit on another site by some :jerk off: who just doesnt get it. I didnt want to get into it there because I have had run ins with the same guy on the same matter recently. I just want tosay to FC that I applaud you. You handled yourself in an adult manner. I applaud you for taking a stand on this problem. I applaud you for making it all happen and you should not take offense to anybody that head strong. Why???? because when it happens (and it will) to his spot because of other spots being closed than all he will hear is crickets when he looks for help. Good Job Buddy. cheers

I apologize in advance for bringing crap from another site here but FC should be held in high regard for his efforts even if it does or doesnt help the situation. He took it upon himself to do some good. Not many like that anymore.
BrianM38
BrianM38

Number of posts : 119

Back to top Go down

Post  fish factor 4/15/2009, 5:42 pm

hey if they dont like it dont come and dont complain
there are doers and complainers and we are the doers Heads UP!!! - Page 2 622665 Heads UP!!! - Page 2 622665 Heads UP!!! - Page 2 622665 cheers cheers
fish factor
fish factor
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2092

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 4/15/2009, 6:27 pm

we all need to do are part to the best and than some to solve this problem I sometimes pick up after people who fished before me it seems like the right thing to do, I often wonder if they do it on purpose knowing somelse will pick it up :kiss it: :jerk off: :kiss it: :jerk off:
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  AKScuba 4/16/2009, 12:54 am

Every good deed you do like picking up trash is one more step towards cleaning up the environment. Hell, when I was diving in cozumel I stuffed my BCD pockets full of beer bottles and plastic that people throw in the water.

Dont bitch, help out and clean up and feel good about it. Whining gets you nowhere and the problem will still be there unless you do your part to help out and work towards fixing it.
AKScuba
AKScuba

Number of posts : 1162

Back to top Go down

Post  LHPAULY83 4/16/2009, 5:49 am

I'm the angry kid... no I am one who can see something that is sad to say but true that this is a loosing battle! Try as much as you like have fun with the clean up I hope it all works out I really do think it is a great thing and for a good cause 100% supported. The unfortunate part is when you come back in two days and it looks like a garbage truck threw up on the entire park you will see why this didn't work when it was done by people about a year ago myself and a few others included filled about 6 pales of garbage from one end of the seawall to the other so you can't say I don't do my part!!!! It was almost clean for a week but after a good bluefish bite and a fun filled day of bennies on a July Saturday it was a mess again every tom dick and harry goes there from all over they don't live in the area so they don't care about the mess well we did and with no help from the internet we took it upon ourselves and our own ambition to make something better for ourselves! I will not do it again, my ambition is gone the lack of respect from a good deed done by others has left a sour taste in my mouth to many times. Unfortunate to say but true.

It is a shame to say that you just can't teach people how to keep a clean house!

Was just in the area tonight drove down to where we are talking about it was a circus there was a guy down there with a conversion van drunk with a few others. A couple of others with lawn chairs being loud making a complete party one dude was grilling burgers on a small grill. I went up the side street and observed for while went got a cofe came back to see Aberdeen PD down there around 1 am clearing house shinning the spot light and kicking everyone out. Mabey an appeal to the local PD to enforce the township ordiances against littering and other violations besides parking may been a good idea. Anyone live in Aberdeen care to go to a town council meeting and voice a thought or two hec let me know I will try and get others to go with. :scratch:

As far as me looking for help to save other spots lord knows how many places friends and I have tried to save and petitions I have signed over time. How many people have used pickups and 4 wheelers to drag telephone poles off of beaches, walked around cleaning up coffe cups, potato chip bags, and other garbage off of peers and beaches... well I have. Only to see the place a mess again no more than a week or two later we didn't even get time to enjoy the fruits of my labor. The Raritan Bay is my sand box and I do respect keeping it clean we just need more people to have this in there head before they go out and fish crab or just hang out.

Look help from others is truly a great thing the sad part is that the area is getting more popular and untill people from out of town and some from in town can respect the local fisherman, local laws, quality of life for the residents, and have some respect for where they stand when they fish, a great effort will always be a great thing but sometimes it just isn't enough.

Anyway if you really read my post you will see it is more informative than negative towards any actions taken by others I truley to applaud them. For the name calling by another member saying I sound like a kid...... totally immature and uncalled for a thought is a though and an opinion is an opinion if you don't like whay someone says say nothing at all. If you have something that may be constructive say it in a good way.

Heads UP!!! - Page 2 962367 GOOD LUCK ON THE CLEAN UP HOPE IT HELPS AS I DO THINK IT IS A GOOD CAUSE! Heads UP!!! - Page 2 962367
LHPAULY83
LHPAULY83

Number of posts : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  joesfishinproblem 4/16/2009, 9:01 am

holy shit paulie looks like u wrote a novel
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Number of posts : 1450

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 4/16/2009, 12:14 pm

LHPAULY83 wrote:I'm the angry kid... no I am one who can see something that is sad to say but true that this is a loosing battle! Try as much as you like have fun with the clean up I hope it all works out I really do think it is a great thing and for a good cause 100% supported. The unfortunate part is when you come back in two days and it looks like a garbage truck threw up on the entire park you will see why this didn't work when it was done by people about a year ago myself and a few others included filled about 6 pales of garbage from one end of the seawall to the other so you can't say I don't do my part!!!! It was almost clean for a week but after a good bluefish bite and a fun filled day of bennies on a July Saturday it was a mess again every tom dick and harry goes there from all over they don't live in the area so they don't care about the mess well we did and with no help from the internet we took it upon ourselves and our own ambition to make something better for ourselves! I will not do it again, my ambition is gone the lack of respect from a good deed done by others has left a sour taste in my mouth to many times. Unfortunate to say but true.

It is a shame to say that you just can't teach people how to keep a clean house!

Was just in the area tonight drove down to where we are talking about it was a circus there was a guy down there with a conversion van drunk with a few others. A couple of others with lawn chairs being loud making a complete party one dude was grilling burgers on a small grill. I went up the side street and observed for while went got a cofe came back to see Aberdeen PD down there around 1 am clearing house shinning the spot light and kicking everyone out. Mabey an appeal to the local PD to enforce the township ordiances against littering and other violations besides parking may been a good idea. Anyone live in Aberdeen care to go to a town council meeting and voice a thought or two hec let me know I will try and get others to go with. :scratch:

As far as me looking for help to save other spots lord knows how many places friends and I have tried to save and petitions I have signed over time. How many people have used pickups and 4 wheelers to drag telephone poles off of beaches, walked around cleaning up coffe cups, potato chip bags, and other garbage off of peers and beaches... well I have. Only to see the place a mess again no more than a week or two later we didn't even get time to enjoy the fruits of my labor. The Raritan Bay is my sand box and I do respect keeping it clean we just need more people to have this in there head before they go out and fish crab or just hang out.

Look help from others is truly a great thing the sad part is that the area is getting more popular and untill people from out of town and some from in town can respect the local fisherman, local laws, quality of life for the residents, and have some respect for where they stand when they fish, a great effort will always be a great thing but sometimes it just isn't enough.

Anyway if you really read my post you will see it is more informative than negative towards any actions taken by others I truley to applaud them. For the name calling by another member saying I sound like a kid...... totally immature and uncalled for a thought is a though and an opinion is an opinion if you don't like whay someone says say nothing at all. If you have something that may be constructive say it in a good way.

Heads UP!!! - Page 2 962367 GOOD LUCK ON THE CLEAN UP HOPE IT HELPS AS I DO THINK IT IS A GOOD CAUSE! Heads UP!!! - Page 2 962367

I guess I'm the one that called you a kid. As your profile says you're 25, that's a kid in my book. Its nothing personal I was a kid at 25 as well. I apologize if that offended you, you are a young man. However you seem like a young man who has become cynical and would rather be disenfranchised than hold out any hope that the efforts of a few can make a difference. Giving up is the easy way out. You will see that as you get older. If everyone had your attitude toward problems such as this we'd be in a bad way. I agree that to solve the problem we need stronger support from not only the community but probably the police as well. But if the Police get too involved the problem will just move to another location. We need to get the fishing community involved. People need education and we need to police ourselves. Maybe a saltwater license would help. All I know is that the current problem is that the homeowners are against the fishermen, all the fishermen. And guess who will win that battle in the end? If we can do something as simple as spending a couple hours cleaning up the area to show the homeowners that not all the fishermen are slobs, maybe the restrictions that will inevitably be placed on us won't be as absolute as they could be. You are entitled to your opinion and you are certainly within your rights not to help out because you feel it won't make a difference. Similarly I am well within my rights to think that your viewpoint is just sad for someone your age. Let the old men give up easily, all hope for our society rests in the hands of the young. You can make a difference if you want to.
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 4/16/2009, 4:39 pm

kev I AGREE WITH U the younger generation is going to be left with this mess if we all dont work together and solve it IF we work as one we stand a better chance with this problem Heads UP!!! - Page 2 962367 Heads UP!!! - Page 2 962367
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  BrianM38 4/16/2009, 5:24 pm

Very well said Kevin. I admire somebody who can put words into a perspective that come across diplomatic and to the point.

We all know this isnt a cure all. It would be stupid to think that. It does however put the fishermen and the homeowner together and see what each one is faced with. The one I feel bad for is FC. He put so much of his time into trying to get this all going and stuck his neck out on many sites just to get a rash of crap from a few that think its a lost cause. Maybe it is a lost cause...who knows, but its all we have and its a hell of alot better than just doing nothing.

Again, I aplaud all that have come forward from every site to help out. It shows a great responsibility and passion towards our sport. Dont let it stop with just this clean up. Make an effort to bend over and pick up that wrapper, plastic bag and beer can whenever we go out fishing. If we all just picked up one piece of trash, its one less piece of trash on the beach. Also make it a point to know the residents. Wave when you arrive if you see them outside, try to strike up a conversation if they are near and always treat them with the respect you would expect if they were in your neighborhood.
BrianM38
BrianM38

Number of posts : 119

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 4/16/2009, 11:09 pm

BrianM38 wrote:Very well said Kevin. I admire somebody who can put words into a perspective that come across diplomatic and to the point.

We all know this isnt a cure all. It would be stupid to think that. It does however put the fishermen and the homeowner together and see what each one is faced with. The one I feel bad for is FC. He put so much of his time into trying to get this all going and stuck his neck out on many sites just to get a rash of crap from a few that think its a lost cause. Maybe it is a lost cause...who knows, but its all we have and its a hell of alot better than just doing nothing.

Again, I aplaud all that have come forward from every site to help out. It shows a great responsibility and passion towards our sport. Dont let it stop with just this clean up. Make an effort to bend over and pick up that wrapper, plastic bag and beer can whenever we go out fishing. If we all just picked up one piece of trash, its one less piece of trash on the beach. Also make it a point to know the residents. Wave when you arrive if you see them outside, try to strike up a conversation if they are near and always treat them with the respect you would expect if they were in your neighborhood.

Hey Brain thanks for the props!!!It's my thought to get fisherman united!!We need a voice to speak out for us and protect our rights.Cliffwood is just the tip of the iceberg!!!I spoke today with NJ Angler Bill.We discussed the clean up but the main part of our conversation was about uniting fisherman.I want everyone here to know without you guy's nothing like this would ever be possible!!!Hey if you see things happening where you fish let me know.If your town has a clean up or earth day let me know.Let's put our faces out there so the public knows we care.This might just save some of our spots,and make it possible for future generations of fisherman/women to enjoy what we have always had!!!!!!!!!!!!It's all about tomorrow!!!!!

FC cheers

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 4/16/2009, 11:17 pm

LHPAULY83 wrote:I'm the angry kid... no I am one who can see something that is sad to say but true that this is a loosing battle! Try as much as you like have fun with the clean up I hope it all works out I really do think it is a great thing and for a good cause 100% supported. The unfortunate part is when you come back in two days and it looks like a garbage truck threw up on the entire park you will see why this didn't work when it was done by people about a year ago myself and a few others included filled about 6 pales of garbage from one end of the seawall to the other so you can't say I don't do my part!!!! It was almost clean for a week but after a good bluefish bite and a fun filled day of bennies on a July Saturday it was a mess again every tom dick and harry goes there from all over they don't live in the area so they don't care about the mess well we did and with no help from the internet we took it upon ourselves and our own ambition to make something better for ourselves! I will not do it again, my ambition is gone the lack of respect from a good deed done by others has left a sour taste in my mouth to many times. Unfortunate to say but true.

Paulie thank you!!!!! I know the pain you feel seing the place you love being trashed and used in a way which will eventually make it off limits to all of us!!!The trash is just the tip of the iceberg here!!!If we can unite as fisherman we can win!!!!!!We need to fight or Our future fisherman/woman will have no fishing!!!

FC

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 4/17/2009, 11:04 am

Hey guys be sure to print up some of the SBO flyers and let people know about the site. Don't let the wind blow them all over though! Very Happy
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2