Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JIG FISIN!!! KILLER IN THE FRESH!!!

+2
blacklabel
fishincrazy
6 posters

Go down

JIG FISIN!!! KILLER IN THE FRESH!!! Empty JIG FISIN!!! KILLER IN THE FRESH!!!

Post  fishincrazy 2/23/2009, 1:51 pm

When you think fresh water what do you think????Boaring hours waittin for that worm on your hook to bring in that 8" trout???Bait from a jar again for an 8" trout???
I THINK JIG'S!!!!! cheers

I jig fish multi species from bass to walleye,northern pike and steelhead,sunnies,crappies and perch.An all around goto in any fishing situtation the JIG!!!! cheers

Weather fishin em over weed tops,throwin em into rock piles,draggin em down structure the jig is a multi purpose lure.

Multiply combos from bucktail,twister tails,to live bait presentation,the JIG always saves the day!!!!

POST UP ANY JIG FISHING TIPS YOU KNOW/OR ASK ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE!!!!!

I'm no expert but together we can expeience the wonderful world of jigging!!!! cheers

FC :lol:

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

JIG FISIN!!! KILLER IN THE FRESH!!! Empty Jig Fishin for Bass!!!

Post  fishincrazy 2/24/2009, 6:34 pm

Well here we go!! I fish for smallmouth bass.I fish locally on the Delaware river and in far away places like Canada,the Allegainy river,Lake Ontario ect ect ect..... Everywhere I fish for Smallmouth a jig is my goto presentation.
A normal presentation for me is a jig from 1/16 oz to 3/4 oz in weight with a twister tail/creature bait/or tube.Here is what they look like.

JIG FISIN!!! KILLER IN THE FRESH!!! Tails

JIG FISIN!!! KILLER IN THE FRESH!!! Creature

JIG FISIN!!! KILLER IN THE FRESH!!! Tube

I fish these baits in different ways.Normally I fish em in some kind of structure ie: Rock/Timber/Shoals
Method#1- The slow drag--This is just like it sounds You cast to the top of the structure and drag the bait slowly right along the bottom so that it tic's off the bottom.You impart no action to this presentation,just straight in.
Method #2- The slow jig--Same as #1 but with added slight jigging motion every 3rd or 4th turn of your reel.
Method #3- The Jig -- Cast out let settle to the bottom.Jig up the rod tip 1-3' reel 1-2 turns let settle while keeping in contact with the jig no slack in the line.
Method #4 - The drift -- Cast into a current berak and while reeling in slowly keep the jig in the current as long as possible.

Here is a start now let's see what anybody elese has to say here!!!

FC cheers

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

JIG FISIN!!! KILLER IN THE FRESH!!! Empty Re: JIG FISIN!!! KILLER IN THE FRESH!!!

Post  blacklabel 2/26/2009, 10:24 pm

try some swim baits on the delaware they work great south on the river
blacklabel
blacklabel
SPONSOR
SPONSOR

Number of posts : 284

http://www.blacklabelplugs.com

Back to top Go down

JIG FISIN!!! KILLER IN THE FRESH!!! Empty Re: JIG FISIN!!! KILLER IN THE FRESH!!!

Post  fishincrazy 3/4/2009, 10:22 am

blacklabel wrote:try some swim baits on the delaware they work great south on the river

AHHHHHHH THe elusive swim bait!!!! There are many different makers of this fime offering to the fishey world we pursue!!!! I remember the first paddle tail swim bait I saw,It was in the InFisherman..(great Mag)
The first time we threw em was in the Alleganny Resivior for smallies.Wow they've come along way.Now a days I mostly use the pre-rigged swim baits ie: Storm Shads,Tsunamis and the like.I would say 90% of my swim bait use is in the salt,but I'm still throwing em on the river and in other freshie places.I find they work for everything that swims!!!!I've caught smallies,walleyes,trout,catties.perch,crappies never largemouth but I never fish them.These baits are a winner in my book.I recentlly look at some fine product which is sold by one of our members Ulterlight you should check these fine shad style baits out there killer cheers Goto
www.niffken.com There's some killer rubber there!!!!! cheers
Till I'm jiggy with it see ya!!!! lol! cheers

FC :affraid:

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  akozols 3/11/2009, 1:10 am

While not truly a jig, it's pretty close. I mostly fish this in the Schuykill up by Valley Forge and it's my go-to bait up there. I fish it the same ways the you fish the jig. What I like about it over the jig is that it doesn't get snagged in the rocks or structure.

What I really like about fishing it is that I never get bored. I'm constantly casting and retrieving waiting for that small tap or hesitation, then bam, set the hook and fight the fish.
akozols
akozols

Number of posts : 62

Back to top Go down

Post  akozols 3/11/2009, 1:25 am

Oops, forgot the pic.

JIG FISIN!!! KILLER IN THE FRESH!!! Powerwormjpg
akozols
akozols

Number of posts : 62

Back to top Go down

Post  NORMAN85 3/11/2009, 4:01 pm

JIG FISIN!!! KILLER IN THE FRESH!!! IMG_1664
Saturday the jig had my back when rubbers and hardbaits failed me ...or i failed them ..either way cheers to a good jig
NORMAN85
NORMAN85
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 167

http://www.justin.tv/namron_

Back to top Go down

JIG FISIN!!! KILLER IN THE FRESH!!! Empty SHAD DARTS!!!! Stand up jigs!!!!

Post  fishincrazy 3/15/2009, 11:36 pm

Saw a guy Saturday fishin on the Delaware river throwin Orange body black head Shad dart 1/8 oz and catchin walleye.Big ones up to 10 lbs. Me nothin with everything but those darts.Gonna have me some of them next time!!!!!

FC cheers

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  AKScuba 3/16/2009, 1:41 am

fishincrazy wrote:Saw a guy Saturday fishin on the Delaware river throwin Orange body black head Shad dart 1/8 oz and catchin walleye.Big ones up to 10 lbs. Me nothin with everything but those darts.Gonna have me some of them next time!!!!!

FC cheers

Teehee, guess who just bought some? Hint, he plays drums and throws drumsticks at you at band practice lol!
AKScuba
AKScuba

Number of posts : 1162

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 9/12/2009, 6:12 pm

TTT So any Jig fisherman here???????????

FC

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  FNC1stMate 3/30/2010, 4:43 pm

Used to love the jig at a magical lake that washed out years ago(lower atena where the state record pickerel was caught). Houses surrounded it and all had docks. My dad had atleast 6 fish over 5 pounds and a 7.3 pounder that is his record to date all on a jig(black and blue w/rattle). Me and Norman got a couple decent holes that we should try the jig thing in, But were mostly rubber baits and topwater guys for now till one of us gets a big one on the jig and then a jig will be our favorite bait.

FNC1stMate

Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down