Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guided Beach Trip

3 posters

Go down

Guided Beach Trip Empty Guided Beach Trip

Post  CaptFrank 7/31/2012, 7:14 pm

Hit the Stone Harbor beach with Brendan and Frank M. Chloe was the Mate for the trip. Planned on taking the boat, but my power head decided to die. Mercury has one on the way, and I'll hopefully be back on the water by weeks end...
Anyway, we had a nice cool day early on. Breeze was a lot more than NOAA called for - look at my surprised face. Got everyone in the water using Bloodworms, Spot were all over us. Then small Doggies moved in. Started to chunk up the Spot and cast them out. Nailed a nice little Blue, which made for a cool change of pace. Hoped for more, but it wasn't to be.
Moved down to Strathmere to see if we could find some better fishing. Brendan managed a Kingfish early on, which gave us false hope, as we were back into the Spot and Doggie show. To spice things up, we had a Shoobie family move in on our fishing area and then put their 5 kids into the water among our lines. We had 4 lines out, then there were two other guys to our left, and another guy to our right. They plopped down right in between us all. So me, being a hard head, asked the woman if she couldn't use a little discretion and common sense and not place her children in harms way. Not to mention, the Dad, or whatever, came back and cast a line over their heads. She of course flipped. Ranted to her female companions and then her male companion. None of which had the nerve to come speak to me. Shame, I so would've loved to tell them about themselves.
Fishing slowed, so we moved again. This time under the TI Bridge. And again, we caught Spot. Even tried Bucktailing. Saw 2 short Flounder caught, but nothing else. Called it a day.
Chloe was a great help and enjoyed herself. Frank and Brendan were good sports throughout. Heard there were Weakies in the surf earlier in the week. And supposedly the Kingfish fishing was good as well. Changes day to day...

Tight Lines!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

CaptFrank
CaptFrank

Number of posts : 230

http://www.brynnie-binshorefishing.com

Back to top Go down

Guided Beach Trip Empty Re: Guided Beach Trip

Post  JeffL 8/1/2012, 7:29 pm

Once again great report cheers
JeffL
JeffL