Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

flounder fishing going doun the tubes fast

+4
Smoke
fishincrazy
Rick..stillcasting
joesfishinproblem
8 posters

Go down

flounder fishing going doun the tubes fast Empty flounder fishing going doun the tubes fast

Post  joesfishinproblem 3/25/2009, 5:52 pm

went out today and nothing saw about five caught all day i think it will be all over by saturday 😢
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Number of posts : 1450

Back to top Go down

flounder fishing going doun the tubes fast Empty Re: flounder fishing going doun the tubes fast

Post  Rick..stillcasting 3/25/2009, 8:56 pm

i heard you were elected as President of the Optimist Club.

Rick..stillcasting

Number of posts : 385

Back to top Go down

flounder fishing going doun the tubes fast Empty Re: flounder fishing going doun the tubes fast

Post  fishincrazy 3/26/2009, 2:38 am

Rick..stillcasting wrote:i heard you were elected as President of the Optimist Club.

NOW THATS FUNNY RIGHT THERE!!!!!!!!! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

FC lol!

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 3/26/2009, 11:28 am

joesfishinproblem wrote:went out today and nothing saw about five caught all day i think it will be all over by saturday 😢
It's onlt starting now we got at least a good month to hammer some flounders. :study:
Smoke
Smoke

Number of posts : 4877

Back to top Go down

Post  LHPAULY83 3/27/2009, 4:21 am

The days of pounding flounder are gone long gone. Its a shame and those who think getting ten keepers is hammering them. Go back to the Shark River Hills 12 years ago when i used to bring home a burlap sack full all winter long with my dad. Ah the good ol days! :(
LHPAULY83
LHPAULY83

Number of posts : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeybonz 3/28/2009, 12:06 pm

why dont the winter flounder stock rebound?? or why cant it !!! seems it has totally vanished by me!!
mikeybonz
mikeybonz
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1048

Back to top Go down

Post  LHPAULY83 3/29/2009, 2:28 am

In a nut shell they taste good! There isn't a single resturaunt in the United States unless it is fast food that doesn't serve flounder. Combine that with the fact they go back to spawn in the same spots every year, it makes them an easy target. Not only that when they are not in the back bay areas to spawn they are off the continental shelf. They are easy to find and yeild a good dollar. Untill the netters stop raping all the species in the ocean no fish will really ever be at its full stock. But you and i both won't live long enough to see that. Remember money talks and the little guy walks! It is always the fault of the guy with his rod and reel!!! Which is obviously never the case!!! Good old NJ gotta love it!!!
LHPAULY83
LHPAULY83

Back to top Go down

Post  technologist 4/1/2009, 9:26 pm

LHPAULY83 wrote:In a nut shell they taste good! There isn't a single resturaunt in the United States unless it is fast food that doesn't serve flounder. Combine that with the fact they go back to spawn in the same spots every year, it makes them an easy target. Not only that when they are not in the back bay areas to spawn they are off the continental shelf. They are easy to find and yeild a good dollar. Untill the netters stop raping all the species in the ocean no fish will really ever be at its full stock. But you and i both won't live long enough to see that. Remember money talks and the little guy walks! It is always the fault of the guy with his rod and reel!!! Which is obviously never the case!!! Good old NJ gotta love it!!!

Most of the flounder that you see in restaurants outside the northeast states are fluke! And maybe half in the northeast states are also fluke.
technologist
technologist

Number of posts : 475

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 4/1/2009, 9:38 pm

WELL IF ITS FLUKE THERE SERVING WONT GET MUCH FROM NY WATERS BEING THAT A KEEPER IS 21 :( :( :(
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  LHPAULY83 4/2/2009, 4:57 am

Don't even get me started on the bs with the Fluke! It is an absolute disaster that these political ass holes don't take their thumbs out of their buts and go out and see what the real prob is. Go to the Belford Seafood Co-Op those scum bag shit haulers, hope they all sink and drown!!! I have seen them with so much fluke they use snow shovels to put them onto the scales before packing them in ice for the ride to the fish markets! It is a disgrace!!!! But don't forget this one tid bit they can keep them at 14 inches(Unsure if that has changed either way they are much smaller than we can take by rod and reel)!! We obviously do not have this luxury!!
Bottom line it is all about the dollar!! They won't be happy till they put the party boats and the tackle stores out of business, not to mention letting a bunch of floor raping fish pirates do what they want. Come on we all know some of that haul, when turned into greenbacks is going into someones pocket besides the crew and captain!! If it wasn't than all the money the Save The Summer Flounder Fund has raised should be able to fight hard and furious!! Instead they are hitting road blocks and dead ends at every turn. By the way wish all you guys fighting the battle the best of luck!!! I support you 100%.
Truth is this is a battle that ends with no real big winners in the end!

Music Quote:
"When we started this band all we needed needed was a laugh years gone by I say we've kicked some ass oooohhhoooo kick start my heart hope it never stops oh yeah baaaaaaaaaaaaaby!" MOTLEY CRUE flounder fishing going doun the tubes fast 962367 flounder fishing going doun the tubes fast 962367 flounder fishing going doun the tubes fast 962367
LHPAULY83
LHPAULY83

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 4/2/2009, 10:03 am

stevel wrote:WELL IF ITS FLUKE THERE SERVING WONT GET MUCH FROM NY WATERS BEING THAT A KEEPER IS 21 :( :( :(
AMEN,To that bro Embarassed
Smoke
Smoke

Number of posts : 4877

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down