Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gonna build a spinner

5 posters

Go down

gonna build a spinner Empty gonna build a spinner

Post  rider3 1/16/2012, 10:47 pm

so i was working with the last of my devcon today, and over time i realised that if you heat it a little it will run nice, and as i flip it, it would run the other way, and then it would even its self out....So today i decided to heat it up as i mixed it, so that way it would be nice and thin for application..............BOY was i wrong! It started out ok, then i guess it got warm, and it flashed and hardened instantley in the cup i was mixing ti in.
So, with this happening, it also hardened on the plug..........Well i was abel to salvage the plug, but im not extremely happy with the finish...............So, im gonna swith to e-tex, but first thing first, gonna build me a spinner......................I have a rotisary motor in storag, so im gonna get started this week............Live and Learn........
rider3
rider3
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 233

Back to top Go down

gonna build a spinner Empty Re: gonna build a spinner

Post  Charlie G. 1/17/2012, 1:15 pm

You can warm E-tex and it will flow real smoothly. But it will as you've learned set up faster so you need to mix small batches and not nap while applying it to your plugs.

If you have a heated spinner box the epoxy with thin out after you apply it to your plugs from the warmth of the heated box. I put my plugs in and spin them with the heat on for a while at about 100deg so the epoxy doesn't go on cold plug bodies. Some times I even warm the epoxy bottles in warm water before measuring it out and mixing it.

But everyone has their own method of finishing their plugs. Good luck with the next batch.
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

Post  Menacer 1/17/2012, 1:56 pm

One thing i do to slow cure time while applying is not to keep the epoxy in a cup after mixing because it cures by heat and also creats heat while curing . I dump it all out on aluminum foil that was wiped down with alcohol and try no to keep to much in one spot which helps cut down on the heat it gives off.

Like Charlie I also warm my bottles in water because it helps it flow and mix better.
Menacer
Menacer

Number of posts : 322

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 1/17/2012, 8:45 pm

here ya go Andy this is a video of mine you asked for.....pretty simple drill t holes and stick it threw...

gonna build a spinner Th_2279683375
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rider3 1/17/2012, 8:55 pm

Thanx guys........
rider3
rider3
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 233

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluesfish 1/18/2012, 10:02 am

Yea Rider...once you do your first plugs on the spinner you'll love it. I don't warm,preheat plugs or e-tex. Both are room temp. till they hit the spinner, then put heat on em. I guess its personal prefrence. Good luck...post pics.

Bluesfish gonna build a spinner 962367
Bluesfish
Bluesfish
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down