Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Different setup for the trolling motor

4 posters

Go down

Different setup for the trolling motor Empty Different setup for the trolling motor

Post  126andy 10/18/2011, 3:52 pm

I looked at the kayak today and decided that I didn't like the trolling motor setup that I had hanging off the side. I cut the shaft on the motor and shortened the wires then I extended the battery wires so that I can still keep the battery behind the seat. I had to spin the head on the motor so that the handle would be facing me for it to be able to work correctly. I ran the shaft down through the Hobie plug that came with the kayak and on the bottom of the shaft I put a stop so if the motor was lifted running the prop couldn't spin and cut the hull. It will still run in under 12" of water lifted all the way up and the prop wont hit the hull.. Still the MinnKota 40lb thrust.
Different setup for the trolling motor IMGP0735
Different setup for the trolling motor IMGP0736
Different setup for the trolling motor IMGP0737
Different setup for the trolling motor IMGP0738
126andy
126andy
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 711

http://afteryoufishing.com

Back to top Go down

Different setup for the trolling motor Empty Re: Different setup for the trolling motor

Post  handyman 10/18/2011, 8:56 pm

nice!!! a much cleaner look.......i was affraid the other way you had it....it would make you go around in circles.........looks good

handyman
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1353

Back to top Go down

Different setup for the trolling motor Empty Re: Different setup for the trolling motor

Post  JeffL 10/19/2011, 4:25 pm

Nice job. Def looks alot cleaner that way. cheers
JeffL
JeffL
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 914

Back to top Go down

Post  FJR 10/25/2011, 9:43 am

Very well done !!!! Can I ask what did you use to reinforce the plug ???? Is it metal or some type of plastic ????? May have to do a setup like that to my revo !!! Thanks for posting.
FJR
FJR
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1577

Back to top Go down

Post  126andy 10/25/2011, 2:58 pm

FJR--Acuually they are a couple of metal electrical plate covers that I drilled a hole the size of the shaft in the middle. Just to stop any flexing if there was any.
126andy
126andy
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  126andy 10/25/2011, 2:59 pm

126andy
126andy
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  FJR 10/25/2011, 5:39 pm

Andy, thanks for the reply !!!!
FJR
FJR
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1577

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down