Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IBSP Update

5 posters

Go down

IBSP Update Empty IBSP Update

Post  Lbifisherman429 3/8/2011, 10:25 pm

Ok,
A while back i sent the Park a letter pertaining to all the rules being broken.. families going on with no rods, people with out mandated gear etc

Today I received a letter in the mail it says that a park police substation is being set up and it will be fully staffed as well as more patrols set into place

if anyone has any concerns about anything going on down there the person who sent me the letter seems to be all ears so let me know and i can send your comments in

Lbifisherman429
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 391

Back to top Go down

IBSP Update Empty Re: IBSP Update

Post  handyman 3/8/2011, 10:32 pm

say good point Lbifisherman429.........why just last season i was on twobit road when these guys jumped out of there van and pull out surfboards...... and hiked up the trail............thanks for getting the ball rolling on that issue.............thanks handy!!

handyman
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1353

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie G. 3/8/2011, 11:09 pm

Glad you wrote the letter [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and am really surprised you got a reply. I guess now a ranger will have to sit behind a desk to answer all letters rather then be on patrol [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

Post  Murphthesurf 3/8/2011, 11:35 pm

I agree... I think the Park Police should rip apart every vehicle on that beach and make sure everyone has all required equipment. Better yet, they should have an officer man the gatehouse and do a vehicle inspection before you even hit the beach. That would be a real hassle, especially when there are buggies lined up waiting to get inspected. I also think they should ticket all violators and exercise a zero tolerence policy. I say we all complain, lol Just my opinion.. Very Happy

Murphthesurf
Murphthesurf
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1567

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie G. 3/9/2011, 4:02 am

I can still piss in the sand thow right [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

Post  Murphthesurf 3/9/2011, 9:14 am

Charlie G. wrote:I can still piss in the sand thow right [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'll be right next to you Charlie... If I can piss in the middle of a NY highway during rush hour on our way to Montauk then I think I can piss anywhere... lol! lol!
Murphthesurf
Murphthesurf
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1567

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick..stillcasting 3/9/2011, 8:14 pm

yo yo yo,, I also got that letter,, they said they were going to have another substation on the parks premises.
As I reflect,, reflect ,, I just hope I didn't help shoot myself in the foot.. I mean I sometimes go on late and leave really late and I tend to speed(5-10mph over)when leaving,,so I hope their presence isn't just a speeding ticket b/s program.
Fact is I only want to see them on the beach in Prime Time fishing season,, to move guys that are blatantly not fishing occupying prime stretches,,, and fools that speed on beach(fools speeding late at night is ok while leaving when cars aren't present)..tents and portapotties are fine w/ me.
I wish I asked for an entrance sign showing tides and conditions of sand.. I mean I'd donate a blackbord/chalk and eraser.

Rick..stillcasting

Number of posts : 385

Back to top Go down

Post  Lbifisherman429 3/9/2011, 8:17 pm

A sand condition and tides board is a great idea

Lbifisherman429
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 391

Back to top Go down