Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

California 1 million fish turned up dead

4 posters

Go down

California 1 million fish turned up dead  Empty California 1 million fish turned up dead

Post  smitty 3/8/2011, 8:19 pm

REDONDO BEACH, Calif. — An estimated 1 million fish turned up dead Tuesday in a Southern California marina, creating a floating feast for pelicans, gulls and other sea life and a stinky mess for harbor authorities.

Boaters awakened to find a carpet of small silvery fish surrounding their vessels, said Staci Gabrielli, marine coordinator for King Harbor Marina on the Los Angeles County coast. Authorities said there was also a 12- to 18-inch layer of dead fish on the bottom of the marina.

California Fish and Game officials said the fish were sardines that apparently depleted the water of oxygen and suffocated

click this link for the full story..... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

California 1 million fish turned up dead  Empty Re: California 1 million fish turned up dead

Post  handyman 3/8/2011, 8:27 pm

thanks smitty........yea i saw that on MSN....news

handyman
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1353

Back to top Go down

California 1 million fish turned up dead  Empty Re: California 1 million fish turned up dead

Post  Charlie G. 3/8/2011, 11:17 pm

I just heard that tonight on the radio. They said the fish were sardines.
Only if Louis could have gotten to them earlier to get some of them caned we might of had lunch.
Where's them blasted seals and sharks when you need them to clean up the mess.
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

Post  eurojett05 3/9/2011, 1:24 am

Charlie G. wrote:I just heard that tonight on the radio. They said the fish were sardines.
Only if Louis could have gotten to them earlier to get some of them caned we might of had lunch.
Where's them blasted seals and sharks when you need them to clean up the mess.

If i only knew...... i would have drove down there with my throw net.....sardines for breakfast....lunch and dinner. lol!
eurojett05
eurojett05

Number of posts : 2453

Back to top Go down

Post  eurojett05 3/9/2011, 1:34 am

according to the officials "the fish got lost into the harbor"

eurojett05
eurojett05

Number of posts : 2453

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down