Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How will you???

+6
night tides
Bluesfish
L3gend Angler
fishing75
smitty
tsm3404
10 posters

Go down

How will you??? Empty How will you???

Post  tsm3404 3/7/2011, 6:21 pm

Im always curious as to the different styles people target stripers. So my question is how will you target stripers this spring such as open beach,jetties,inlets, or back bays. I will do most of my fishing in inlets and the jetties at the mouth of the inlets go to bait is 5-6 inch storm style swimshads.
tsm3404
tsm3404

Number of posts : 70

Back to top Go down

How will you??? Empty Re: How will you???

Post  smitty 3/7/2011, 7:57 pm

Great Topic.....

I will target the bass this spring on the Beach's of LBI tossing plugs made by me and other builders from this site.If no luck i will then look to some other local hot spots and try my luck with them...
Then as soon as i can i want to try to get one in the bay on my kayak this year guessing i will be bouncing some rubber shads or something like that.....
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fishing75 3/7/2011, 8:14 pm

In the early part of spring I will go to the southern part of NJ to dunk some clams for the beach and then as spring goes on I will switch to plugs. Mostly from Jetties but I will also throw them from the beach in the northern part of NJ. A lot of the plugs that I will use will be pencils but I will also throw spooks, and metal lips. I also have some great poppers to use now thanks to Bluesfish, Oldsalts, and RM (Thanks Jeff and Ed). My last option (I only do this if the fish won't take plugs or when i would be the only one on the jetty with a plug on) will be to snag and drop bunker when they come in close. And that rounds out my spring cheers

Last edited by fishing75 on 3/7/2011, 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

fishing75

Number of posts : 596

Back to top Go down

Post  L3gend Angler 3/7/2011, 8:33 pm

I fish everywhere the fish are. I will be in one spot one night then miles away the next. I like to use small plugs such as plastic swimmers, small metal lips and various poppers. How will you??? 962367
L3gend Angler
L3gend Angler
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 546

http://flyz.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluesfish 3/7/2011, 8:50 pm

I'll be starting in the Del river w/ herring and deep swimmers, then I'm going to try some new spots up north w/ bait and plugs. Once the lg bunker show It'll be all lg pencils, poppers and swimmers.

Bluesfish How will you??? 870783
Bluesfish
Bluesfish
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post  night tides 3/7/2011, 9:32 pm

My first few trips of the year will be to the Hook and surrounding area throwing small plugs. Then into May I move between the Hook and LBI throwing my favorite large swimmers. I usually don't make any Montauk trips till the fall but this year I want to try a trip or two in late spring before the motel prices go through the roof.

night tides

Number of posts : 127

Back to top Go down

Post  fishing75 3/7/2011, 10:26 pm

Bluesfish wrote:I'll be starting in the Del river w/ herring and deep swimmers, then I'm going to try some new spots up north w/ bait and plugs. Once the lg bunker show It'll be all lg pencils, poppers and swimmers.

Bluesfish How will you??? 870783

Jeff,

When you go up to the northern part of NJ, let me know and I'll meet up with you. That's where I do most of my fishing in the spring. Would be a good time. Anyone else that wants to meet also since it would be great to fish with you all!!!!! How will you??? 962367 How will you??? 962367 How will you??? 962367

fishing75

Back to top Go down

Post  holymackeral 3/7/2011, 10:28 pm

i'll start out locally most likely baiting from the beach.... than get frustrated cause i didn't catch a striper yet again... quit fishing for awhile till the blue fish come in, they never dissappoint...

holymackeral
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1383

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 3/7/2011, 10:31 pm

holymackeral wrote:i'll start out locally most likely baiting from the beach.... than get frustrated cause i didn't catch a striper yet again... quit fishing for awhile till the blue fish come in, they never dissappoint...

God do i feel your pain lol How will you??? 962367
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fishing75 3/7/2011, 10:37 pm

holymackeral wrote:i'll start out locally most likely baiting from the beach.... than get frustrated cause i didn't catch a striper yet again... quit fishing for awhile till the blue fish come in, they never dissappoint...

Blues are very high on the list of favorite fish to catch for me. Love to watch them hit a plug and the fight is fantastic!!!!!! I could catch them all day long

fishing75

Back to top Go down

Post  holymackeral 3/7/2011, 10:40 pm

lol smitty...

fishing75 wrote:
Blues are very high on the list of favorite fish to catch for me. Love to watch them hit a plug and the fight is fantastic!!!!!! I could catch them all day long

yeah fishing75 i love bluefish... literally caught hundreds last year.... there were days we caught 50+ fish in a few hours... not sure about a striper but i knew a blue fish even a coctail size will give you a heck of a fight...

this year i want to try and get a smaller rod like 8' or so and get into the big ones...

holymackeral
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1383

Back to top Go down

Post  fishing75 3/7/2011, 10:57 pm

holymackeral wrote:lol smitty...

fishing75 wrote:

yeah fishing75 i love bluefish... literally caught hundreds last year.... there were days we caught 50+ fish in a few hours... not sure about a striper but i knew a blue fish even a coctail size will give you a heck of a fight...

this year i want to try and get a smaller rod like 8' or so and get into the big ones...

50 fish in a few hours????????? Damn I only caught 2 last year. I think last year was the first year I caught more stripers than blues. An 8 foot rod would be a blast for those choppers.

fishing75

Back to top Go down

Post  126andy 3/8/2011, 12:38 am

I'll be in the back creeks when they come up looking for all of that easy bait fish.
126andy
126andy
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 711

http://afteryoufishing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  plugfreek92 3/8/2011, 1:00 am

holymackeral wrote:lol smitty...

fishing75 wrote:

yeah we had alot of days like that. lol so bad that the fish were breaking split rings and hooks

Last edited by plugfreek92 on 3/11/2011, 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
plugfreek92
plugfreek92

Number of posts : 62

Back to top Go down

Post  Yougster 3/8/2011, 1:30 am

I start with bomber, 1/2 jigs and small plastics near the bottom. The fish are still lethargic so i go REALLY slow.

Yougster

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

How will you??? Empty ...

Post  tsm3404 3/9/2011, 2:28 am

Bluefish I usally fish along the delaware for stripers early last year was the first time I used my boat and went out with some blood worms and did pretty well. The one thing ive set for a goal is to fish jersey for the first time I mostly fish IRI in delaware.
tsm3404
tsm3404

Number of posts : 70

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum