Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

question for the builders

+2
eurojett05
fishing75
6 posters

Go down

question for the builders  Empty question for the builders

Post  fishing75 10/27/2010, 11:47 am

looking to buy my first lathe and i don't want to drop a lot of money on it but would like it to have the capability to drill as well. my buddy and i have been making plugs for a few months now and i really love doing it. they only problem is that he has the lathe and it is all up to him when we make them so i want to buy one so i can do it when i want to. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. oh and i don't want to break the bank either. thanks so much guys

fishing75

Number of posts : 596

Back to top Go down

question for the builders  Empty Re: question for the builders

Post  eurojett05 10/27/2010, 12:56 pm

check out the used tools sales ad in your area. You might find a decent lathe there. I use a turncrafter wood lathe. Good Luck in your search.
eurojett05
eurojett05

Number of posts : 2453

Back to top Go down

Post  Murphthesurf 10/28/2010, 8:43 am

If you dont want to spend alot of money get yourself the Harbor Frieght Table Top. Super super lathe for the money. I have a Jett Mini and the H.F. lathe. They are both great and at a 1/4 of the price then my Jett. You wont be disappointed.
Murphthesurf
Murphthesurf
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1567

Back to top Go down

Post  fishing75 10/28/2010, 9:03 am

Thanks for the info. I'll head down to harbour freight and check it out. I can't wait to start turning.

fishing75

Back to top Go down

Post  jtaggart 10/28/2010, 8:24 pm

try looking at penn state industries. i got a small new turncrafter there last fall and it wasnt very expensive at all. the prices on there look a little higher than what I paid so I'm guessing they were running some kinda sale. i think i paid less than 200.

http://www.pennstateind.com/store/mini-lathes.html

jtaggart
jtaggart

Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Post  cereal killer 11/2/2010, 10:33 pm

fishing75 wrote:looking to buy my first lathe and i don't want to drop a lot of money on it but would like it to have the capability to drill as well. my buddy and i have been making plugs for a few months now and i really love doing it. they only problem is that he has the lathe and it is all up to him when we make them so i want to buy one so i can do it when i want to. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. oh and i don't want to break the bank either. thanks so much guys

Eurojett05's lathe will be available shortly. I have warned him repeatedly that if he didn't stop making plugs, I will be taking his lathe away.
question for the builders  622665 question for the builders  622665 question for the builders  622665

cereal killer

Number of posts : 453

Back to top Go down

Post  eurojett05 11/3/2010, 12:31 am

cereal killer wrote:
fishing75 wrote:looking to buy my first lathe and i don't want to drop a lot of money on it but would like it to have the capability to drill as well. my buddy and i have been making plugs for a few months now and i really love doing it. they only problem is that he has the lathe and it is all up to him when we make them so i want to buy one so i can do it when i want to. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. oh and i don't want to break the bank either. thanks so much guys

Eurojett05's lathe will be available shortly. I have warned him repeatedly that if he didn't stop making plugs, I will be taking his lathe away.
question for the builders  622665 question for the builders  622665 question for the builders  622665

question for the builders  56958 question for the builders  56958 question for the builders  56958 question for the builders  56958 question for the builders  56958
eurojett05
eurojett05

Back to top Go down

Post  fishing75 11/3/2010, 9:23 pm

cereal killer wrote:

NICE! How much do you want for it Very Happy

fishing75

Back to top Go down

Post  cereal killer 11/3/2010, 11:44 pm

fishing75 wrote:
cereal killer wrote:

NICE! How much do you want for it Very Happy

You're welcome to pick it up from eurojett05's house anytime.

cereal killer

Back to top Go down

Post  fishing75 11/4/2010, 12:19 am

Great! I'll pick it up in the morning. Lol. Thanks jett you're a generous guy. Can you throw a few plugs in too. Lol.

fishing75

Back to top Go down

Post  dozer 277 11/4/2010, 9:20 am

got mine from grizzly tools, $100 plus shipping. been using it for 3 years and not 1 problem. 1/3 hp variable speed. small but perfect for what i need.

dozer 277

Number of posts : 729

Back to top Go down

Post  eurojett05 11/4/2010, 9:37 am

fishing75 wrote:Great! I'll pick it up in the morning. Lol. Thanks jett you're a generous guy. Can you throw a few plugs in too. Lol.

question for the builders  56958 I think CK is just disappointed with Prop. 19 question for the builders  56958
eurojett05
eurojett05

Back to top Go down

Post  cereal killer 11/4/2010, 6:00 pm

eurojett05 wrote:
fishing75 wrote:Great! I'll pick it up in the morning. Lol. Thanks jett you're a generous guy. Can you throw a few plugs in too. Lol.

question for the builders  56958 I think CK is just disappointed with Prop. 19 question for the builders  56958

friggin pot heads. mad mad mad

Bet you most of em were at home tokin up and forgot about it.

cereal killer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down