Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paint problem

3 posters

Go down

paint problem Empty paint problem

Post  victank1 10/17/2010, 10:40 pm

I,m sealing my plugs with Deft sealing sanding laquer..I let it dry over night and sanded with 600 grit then painted them with Krylon Gloss white. let dry over night, they felt dry and a hard finishe, to the touch so I put the red mouth color. Krylon 5 balloon again and the red bubbled the white so bad I had to strip and will have to sand to get back to square one. Don't understand what is going wrong unless it is the sealer..DUH!!! NEED HELP BAD paint problem 177925 paint problem 177925 paint problem 177925 paint problem 177925
victank1
victank1

Number of posts : 212

Back to top Go down

paint problem Empty Re: paint problem

Post  victank1 10/17/2010, 10:44 pm

victank1 wrote:I,m sealing my plugs with Deft sealing sanding laquer..I let it dry over night and sanded with 600 grit then painted them with Krylon Gloss white. let dry over night, they felt dry and a hard finished, to the touch so I put the red mouth color. Krylon 5 balloon again and the red bubbled the white so bad I had to strip and will have to sand to get back to square one. Don't understand what is going wrong unless it is the sealer..DUH!!! NEED HELP BAD paint problem 177925 paint problem 177925 paint problem 177925 paint problem 177925

I'm better at drinking Beer! paint problem 870783
victank1
victank1

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 10/17/2010, 11:28 pm

i have found over the years that some paints don't mix well with others and the same for some colors is crazy so the best i can say is try the same on a regular piece of wood and see if it still does it if so then bingo paint don't want to play with other paint lol.
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  holymackeral 10/18/2010, 8:00 am

have you tried priming your plugs after sealing them? even though krylon says it'll stay on anything without primer you should prime before painting..... what's good too is most primer in a can you can handle after only an hour or so..... no need to wait over night unless you want to...

holymackeral
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1383

Back to top Go down

paint problem Empty priming

Post  victank1 10/18/2010, 8:10 pm

will prime this time Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
victank1
victank1

Back to top Go down