Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tuna!!

+3
fish factor
Kevnmary
MissRiss
7 posters

Go down

tuna!! Empty tuna!!

Post  MissRiss 8/30/2010, 9:43 am

Tom and I got a last minute call from our neighbor who is down in Cape May for the week on vacation, he asked us if we wanted to go out for tuna, so of course we said Yes! We were supposed to go last summer but the hurricane weather postponed everything and then he had problems with his boat .... so here we are a year later, and definetly going this time *weather pemitting*! Anyone have any advice for tuna fishing, I have not been offshore, so I plan to take dramamine. Im good out in the bay, we hardley see anything more than 5 foot waves, but we are probably going off at least 40 miles, so I am in for a rude awakening!! tuna!! 870783
MissRiss
MissRiss

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

tuna!! Empty Re: tuna!!

Post  Kevnmary 8/30/2010, 12:26 pm

40 miles is a piece of cake Riss. I hear the bluefin are all around. My buddy went out on Saturday to the Glory Hole and trolled east from there. He said it was like an aquarium out there. Whales right next to the boat, thousands of dolphin some sea turtles. He caught some skippies and lost a nice bluefin at the boat. His fish came on the troll but I hear jigging is working really well also. I wish I could go!
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  fish factor 8/30/2010, 1:53 pm

No place I'd rather be it's another world out there enjoy
fish factor
fish factor
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2092

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldsalts 8/30/2010, 7:39 pm

Hey Riss

5 footers in the bay same as outside i would hold off on the meds you are going to psyph yourself out ....

Just do it ...!!!!11111and have fun.... tuna!! 870783
Oldsalts
Oldsalts

Number of posts : 2037

http://www.Smittyplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 8/31/2010, 8:46 am

good luck riss....let me know what time dinner is..... tuna!! 742713
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  MissRiss 8/31/2010, 8:51 am

Thanks guys, I am soooo excited, hopefully we'll have some pics and a good report for you all!!
MissRiss
MissRiss

Back to top Go down

Post  joesfishinproblem 8/31/2010, 11:20 am

hey riss as someone that has been off shore a few times i would say for sure take someting i like the bonnine chewalbes...i only got sea sick once and it was when i did not take it...all the good tuna reports are on jigs some guys r getting over 20 fish in a day...sting-os and hammered jigs seam to be the ticket..

jfp
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Number of posts : 1450

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 8/31/2010, 11:50 am

joesfishinproblem wrote:hey riss as someone that has been off shore a few times i would say for sure take someting i like the bonnine chewalbes...i only got sea sick once and it was when i did not take it...all the good tuna reports are on jigs some guys r getting over 20 fish in a day...sting-os and hammered jigs seam to be the ticket..

jfp
like jfp said riss better safe than sorry...doesnt hurt to take it...... tuna!! 962367 tuna!! 962367 tuna!! 962367
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  MissRiss 8/31/2010, 12:39 pm

for sure, I definetly planned on taking it regardless...i have had the sea sickness once before in 12-14 foot waves at the Great Barrier Reef in Australia about 11 years ago - not fun, i'll never make that mistake again either lol. the weather is lookin better each day (it went from 5-8 ft swells to 4-6, which is Delaware Bay at its roughest). i cant wait, i have always wanted to venture out in the ocean Very Happy
MissRiss
MissRiss

Back to top Go down

Post  dozer 277 8/31/2010, 9:17 pm

miss riss, for me its a mental thing so i take so i dont talk myself into getting sick. have fun its an eye opener to see all the life out there. and you never know whats gonna hit the lines. please let me know where you go and how you do. we have been trying to get out to the ledge and glory all summer and the timing hasent been there. i am jonesing to hook into a bluefin. last year at the atlantic princess we got 5 bluefins to 52 inches. 4 on the chunk and 1 on a jig. it was amazing.

dozer 277

Number of posts : 729

Back to top Go down

Post  dozer 277 9/1/2010, 9:18 pm

Well did you go did ya huh huh did ya? think im being too obvious?

dozer 277

Number of posts : 729

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down