Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upper bay report 4/30-5/1

+2
liveforfishing
Fish Hawk
6 posters

Go down

Upper bay report 4/30-5/1 Empty Upper bay report 4/30-5/1

Post  Fish Hawk 5/2/2010, 11:57 pm

Took advatage of the nice weather and took of friday from work. Got down to the fort late thrusday night,to find out there would be no fresh bunker around till mid morning. Got down to the marina around 9ish got our fresh and headed up north to shipjohn. A buddy of mine was already up there fishing with clam. He wanted me to bring him 3doz bunker so i did. Got to the fishing grounds gave him his bait and setup on the rocks. Fished the entire incoming with nothing promising. As the tide slacked up, made the move down towards 35. Nothing. Final move of the day we setup at 34 bouy. Had 3 runoffs with 0 hook ups. Back to the dock by 530ish.

Sat-

Got down to the boat alittle after 5am. Start up the motor, turn on my electronics and my display on the my gps would show, but the unit was on. Yesterday(fri) the unit was not repsonding half way through the day. The screen turned on after a few mins, then i goto turn on my nav lights and they dont work. ugh, the mental torement was starting to get to me-no fish and now electrtical bs.Sat around untill day break and headed out towards 34. First ones out and setup in 30 ft of water where we had signs of life yesterday. Outgoing tide, calm seas and then debris. Trash,logs,reeds,grass dirty nasty water wow Wtf??? After dealing with clearing lines,waiting,and cleaning made a move a few miles north into cleaner water. Setup in 20-26ft,with the bottom of the outgoing. A few boats around,and they start to catch. One, two,3 fish over the rail.... not a touch for us,this is really starting to become quite frustrating. Finally tick tick tap tap zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and FISH ON!!!!!!
Upper bay report 4/30-5/1 DSC01536
38" beauty
All the frustration and anxiety went away. Tide turned and now we had the incoming. About a half hour goes by and zzzzzzzzzzzzz fish on!
This time its riss's turn...
Upper bay report 4/30-5/1 DSC01538
36" pumpkin!!!!

There was sooooo much boat traffic on sat it was obsurd. Boats were almost running into each other trying to catch fish. I had one boat come into the group of boats in was in. He came up on my stern did two 360's then pull up ahead to my port bow and drop anchor....Other boats blew by like there was a squal coming. We had two fish in the box and it was before noon. the boat traffic was so bad it actually made me not want to fish.We packed up headed back in around 2ish. Had striper ribs,and fillets on the grill! Decided to relax around the house sunday and enjoy the weather.
Fish Hawk
Fish Hawk

Number of posts : 169

Back to top Go down

Upper bay report 4/30-5/1 Empty Re: Upper bay report 4/30-5/1

Post  liveforfishing 5/3/2010, 7:23 am

Hey Tom

Glad to see you are back in action. Glad you got on a few, does tend to make everything better. Upper bay report 4/30-5/1 962367
liveforfishing
liveforfishing

Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post  Fish Hawk 5/3/2010, 7:14 pm

Thanks John. It sure felt good to put a bend in the rod and pull some drag. Did you get out this past weekend?
Fish Hawk
Fish Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  liveforfishing 5/3/2010, 7:43 pm

No, I'm going to try and sneek out one day this week and see if I can shake the skunk. Figure my chances maybe better with less boats out.
liveforfishing
liveforfishing

Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeybonz 5/4/2010, 3:29 pm

nice pics.
mikeybonz
mikeybonz
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1048

Back to top Go down

Post  rocstar21 5/4/2010, 4:45 pm

great job guys! nice pix!
rocstar21
rocstar21

Number of posts : 2971

Back to top Go down

Post  erickoch 5/5/2010, 9:52 pm

nice job saturday. as you know we had the same luck as you guys friday. it was nice to meet you two.
erickoch
erickoch

Number of posts : 56

Back to top Go down

Post  MissRiss 5/6/2010, 10:01 am

erickoch wrote:nice job saturday. as you know we had the same luck as you guys friday. it was nice to meet you two.

it was nice meeting you and your dad too, im sure we will see you guys again at the marina sometime.
MissRiss
MissRiss

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post  Fish Hawk 5/6/2010, 6:17 pm

Thank you all!!!
Fish Hawk
Fish Hawk

Back to top Go down