Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

proud father

+7
Smoke
pcrawf
eurojett05
etch
Minivin5
stevel
dozer 277
11 posters

Go down

proud father Empty proud father

Post  dozer 277 3/3/2010, 9:47 am

Ok gotta brag a little. my son competed in the Pennsylvania state athletic conference championships college division II and he is only a freshman. he was seeded 9th and he finished 3rd. coach was thrilled. missed the school record for the 800 meter race by .1 second. also competed in the 4x800 meter relay and finished 2nd. and broke the school record by 1.1 second. here he is, 3rd place. proud father Mike_p11 the guys who finished 1st and 2nd are both seniors

dozer 277

Number of posts : 729

Back to top Go down

proud father Empty Re: proud father

Post  stevel 3/3/2010, 9:59 am

wow wow wow great job ..u should be very proud of him larry.....uncle steve is also.... lol! lol!

only a freshman and look what u have accomplished...in the years to come u will be at the top...... cheers cheers

great job kid keep up the great work u have a great family support behind u......GOD BLESS
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  Minivin5 3/3/2010, 10:20 am

And a proud poppa you should be, congrats on breaking the record....Keep up the great work!!
Minivin5
Minivin5
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1449

Back to top Go down

Post  etch 3/3/2010, 11:01 am

congrats to a proud pappa, and a superstar athlete in the works

Etch
etch
etch

Number of posts : 1193

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com/Etch-Custom-Lures-h2.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  eurojett05 3/3/2010, 11:28 am

Congrats! Always nice to read about great accomplishments from fellow member's kids(sons and daughters) of this site whether it be in sports, academics or anything in life. I'm sure many of you that have kids with great talents and great accomplishments are all proud of them, so post them up and be proud. It is a great feeling!

Dozer....If he's only freshman, you may need to expand on your trophy room cause your gonna need it for them hardwares he'll be bringing home to Papa. cheers cheers cheers
eurojett05
eurojett05

Number of posts : 2453

Back to top Go down

Post  pcrawf 3/3/2010, 11:52 am

Congrats...Keep up the good work!!
pcrawf
pcrawf

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 3/3/2010, 12:46 pm

Congrats to you and your son,You both should cherrish the moement. proud father 560155
Smoke
Smoke

Number of posts : 4877

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Val@Oceanside 3/3/2010, 12:48 pm

GREAT JOB!!!!!! CONGRATS TO YOUR SON!!!!!!!
Val@Oceanside
Val@Oceanside
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 311

Back to top Go down

Post  dozer 277 3/3/2010, 3:12 pm

Thanks everyone, I feel blessed his first semester GPA was a 3.92 also, he is a great kid. only one problem he has no desire to fish. my daughter (college senior) on the other hand is always by my side on the beach every chance she gets. I think he gets his good looks from his uncle steve. Or is it his brains, im not sure maybe both. i do know he gets his height from uncle steve.

dozer 277

Back to top Go down

Post  dozer 277 3/3/2010, 3:15 pm

eurojette the only up side to track is its all medals no trophies, his room is filled with medals, he also has some stuff from playing soccer in europe for 2 years with an international team out of boca raton florida. hes a busy boy. and he eats me out of house and home.

dozer 277

Back to top Go down

Post  rocstar21 3/4/2010, 12:08 am

good deal....... you got every right to be a proud Dad!!!! congrats!!!
rocstar21
rocstar21

Number of posts : 2971

Back to top Go down

Post  first2wins 3/5/2010, 12:22 am

Congrats…get working on those SAT’s…only a small amount of athletes pick up athletic scholarship especially in T&F, but a ton get in and do well with grants. Then in the Jr. year fill out your NCAA clearing house. I wrestled at the University of Maryland and my Brother Wrestles at UNC Greensboro, and I can tell you first hand that coaches like smart athletes.

Now let’s talk about your graduating daughter….
first2wins
first2wins

Number of posts : 210

Back to top Go down

Post  dozer 277 3/5/2010, 1:18 pm

first 2 wins he is already in college. he scored 1340 combined on his sat's it got him a 50% scholarship for academics. and the coach doesnt give freshman scholorship money, he was already told that after spring season the coach wants to talk to him about next year. he has been approached by other schools about transferring since there is no scholarship for track yet. he loves the school he is at so he doesnt want to leave but his coach is still looking to keep him for 4 years. we did the ncaa clearinghouse thing and he got offers from alot of DII schools but he wanted to go where he is so he made the choice. you are correct track money is hard to get but he is doing very well so we will see. Uncle steve i thought you would have weighed in on the looks and height issue LOL

dozer 277

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey 3/13/2010, 7:29 pm

great job

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down