Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Tonite - Tred Barta

+3
Bluesfish
stevel
Kevnmary
7 posters

Go down

TV Tonite - Tred Barta Empty TV Tonite - Tred Barta

Post  Kevnmary 2/13/2010, 12:53 am

I am watching an episode of Tred Barta right now where he is eeling at night off Montauk. The guy he is fishing with is an expert. In the beginning of the show they showed this guys basement or should I say warehouse of fishing equipment. He had shelves upon shelves filled with crates filled with every type of fishing gear you could imagine. He had hundreds of rods hanging as well. I figured I might be able to find something about this guy on Google so I just googled his name and found the horrible story attached below. What a shame!
Did any of our SBO guys know him? Marty McMillan. RIP

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

TV Tonite - Tred Barta Empty Re: TV Tonite - Tred Barta

Post  stevel 2/13/2010, 9:34 am

very sad kev....times like that u can feel helpless sorry for his son to witness it ....sad very sad...
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluesfish 2/13/2010, 10:53 am

Holy chit talk about tragic!! You have to feel for his boy ..to witness something like that....Very, very sad!

Bluesfish
Bluesfish
Bluesfish
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie G. 2/13/2010, 11:48 am

I saw that show Kev and that guy had more fishing stuff in his cave then ant tackle shop.
That was a great episode also. I never really liked Tred but he did get it done. I miss him and his show and it's a shame what happened to him. But with his determination he could make a come back.
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

Post  REDBASS 2/13/2010, 5:13 pm

THAT WAS A TRAGIC .. RIP.
REDBASS
REDBASS
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2131

http://WWW.STRIPEDBASSOBSESSION.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  striperslayer 2/15/2010, 7:44 pm

Charlie G. wrote:I saw that show Kev and that guy had more fishing stuff in his cave then ant tackle shop.
That was a great episode also. I never really liked Tred but he did get it done. I miss him and his show and it's a shame what happened to him. But with his determination he could make a come back.

Tred is up and going. He is doing pretty good right now. My grandfather is a friend of tred. He went on a billfishing trip using light tackle, 2# test and landed a few and filmed it for his show. He is filming another episode in colorado I think, using a fly rod for trout. He might be doing an episode next year hunting with my grandfather squirrel hunting with his bow down here in chester county.
striperslayer
striperslayer

Number of posts : 325

Back to top Go down

Post  charlibonz 2/20/2010, 7:43 pm

Yup he was a good man and family friend. He is one of the originals from back in the campo days. If you could only see what he had. I mean 1000s of BMs and tons of bags. Just tragic.

charlibonz

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down