Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

" Fatfingers "..... "Art and Retrospective"...

+17
Zipdaman
holymackeral
black talon
fish factor
rebelmusicnp
Rowhunter
FJR
IRON LURES
eurojett05
etch
Minivin5
Oldsalts
stevel
fatfingers
MrCrappiepants
rocstar21
skippy
21 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

" Fatfingers "..... "Art and Retrospective"... - Page 4 Empty Re: " Fatfingers "..... "Art and Retrospective"...

Post  holymackeral 3/3/2010, 10:27 am

wow fingers beautiful plugs...

holymackeral
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1383

Back to top Go down

" Fatfingers "..... "Art and Retrospective"... - Page 4 Empty Re: " Fatfingers "..... "Art and Retrospective"...

Post  Rowhunter 3/3/2010, 7:39 pm

Great paint FF, you know I have a weak spot for jerk baits!

Douglas
Rowhunter
Rowhunter

Number of posts : 110

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 3/3/2010, 8:04 pm

wow wow wow they look great ...mad skills..... cool
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

" Fatfingers "..... "Art and Retrospective"... - Page 4 Empty okay

Post  skippy 3/3/2010, 8:22 pm

Man,,,,talk about an early morning spring ruckus.... wow

skippy

Number of posts : 1386

Back to top Go down

Post  fatfingers 3/3/2010, 11:26 pm

Lol, you guys crack me up. Thanks, though. Feedback is always cool.

Douglas, are you ready for another jerkbait?
fatfingers
fatfingers

Number of posts : 171

Back to top Go down

Post  rocstar21 3/3/2010, 11:59 pm

man o man!!! you got me drooling! I had to put one of my sons bibs on, so I dont get the drool on my keyboard..............................

nice work! " Fatfingers "..... "Art and Retrospective"... - Page 4 962367 cheers
rocstar21
rocstar21

Number of posts : 2971

Back to top Go down

Post  fatfingers 3/4/2010, 12:04 am

Rock, actually those baits are among the easier ones to build.

Just weights involved. No lip installation.

Thanks for the compliments though. I'm glad you like 'em.
fatfingers
fatfingers

Back to top Go down

Post  Zipdaman 3/9/2010, 11:32 am

Fatfingers,

I am so glad I happened across this forum. There are so many "plug" builders, but there are not many that I have come across that build the types of lures that I use predominantly, and those are swimmers. I would love to learn some of this art from you. I studied art in school ad have dabbled in most creative medium. Making and swimming my own plugs is a dream of mine. It will bring my creativity with me to the beach and I think that would be awesome.

Have you ever put a book together, or a collection of technique other than what you have shared in this forum?

Look forward to hearing from you and learning from you,

Zip

Zipdaman

Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  fatfingers 3/10/2010, 12:09 am

Test

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
fatfingers
fatfingers

Back to top Go down

Post  fatfingers 3/10/2010, 12:09 am

Zip, let me know what questions you have. I'll try to answer all of them as best I can.
fatfingers
fatfingers

Back to top Go down

Post  technologist 3/10/2010, 10:23 am

Your work is unbelievable.
technologist
technologist

Number of posts : 475

Back to top Go down

Post  Zipdaman 3/10/2010, 11:14 am

fatfingers wrote:Zip, let me know what questions you have. I'll try to answer all of them as best I can.

Thank you so much. as soon as I get the "novice" questions out of the way I should be in a position to send PM's. I appreciate your willingness to help.

I have been working out the design and detail of the swimmer I have had in my mind for some time. I am looking to get some cedar or basswood to begin working out the 3d portion of the design and decide on what the end result should be. Once I have a handcarved version of the plug, I will need help as to how to wire, weight and test the lure. Then of course comes the painting.

Thanks again, I look forward to the journey this project will provide for me.

Zip

Zipdaman

Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  fatfingers 3/10/2010, 3:15 pm

Thanks, Tech!

Zip, the learning process is an awful lot of fun. You'll really enjoy it. This is the only hobby I've ever had that I never really tire of.
fatfingers
fatfingers

Back to top Go down

" Fatfingers "..... "Art and Retrospective"... - Page 4 Empty why

Post  skippy 3/10/2010, 6:59 pm

fatfingers wrote:Test

Why the torture? I cant take it,,,, do you got the video thing figured out yet? how bout skype? can I skype ya?

skippy

Back to top Go down

Post  fatfingers 3/11/2010, 11:03 am

Sorry, I've been having trouble with Firefox since I downloaded the latest and greatest version of it. It doesn't like videos and certain other things...locking up on me or just crashing altogether.
fatfingers
fatfingers

Back to top Go down

Post  fatfingers 3/15/2010, 12:31 am

A few more...
fatfingers
fatfingers

Back to top Go down

Post  skippy 3/15/2010, 11:24 am

fatfingers wrote:A few more...
wow

your hand really shows the scale of that thing, did not realize how big it was, awesome, did you also make the prop?

skippy

Back to top Go down

Post  fatfingers 3/15/2010, 10:38 pm

Thanks, Skippy. Yes, I made the prop from 22 gauge stainless.
fatfingers
fatfingers

Back to top Go down

Post  rocstar21 3/15/2010, 10:54 pm

SICK VINCE " Fatfingers "..... "Art and Retrospective"... - Page 4 962367 cheers " Fatfingers "..... "Art and Retrospective"... - Page 4 962367
rocstar21
rocstar21

Number of posts : 2971

Back to top Go down

" Fatfingers "..... "Art and Retrospective"... - Page 4 Empty wow

Post  skippy 3/15/2010, 11:51 pm

Welcome To SBO
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

skippy

Back to top Go down

Post  etch 3/16/2010, 6:52 am

stunning work as always wow wow wow

Etch
etch
etch

Number of posts : 1193

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com/Etch-Custom-Lures-h2.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  fatfingers 3/16/2010, 10:53 am

Thanks, Etch. If it weren't for you, I would not be able to make stuff out of stainless.
fatfingers
fatfingers

Back to top Go down

Post  joesfishinproblem 3/16/2010, 10:25 pm

the eyes and the scales and the color and the everything holy chit perfection
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Number of posts : 1450

Back to top Go down

" Fatfingers "..... "Art and Retrospective"... - Page 4 Empty hmmm

Post  fatfingers 3/16/2010, 10:30 pm

Thanks, you guys.

I just ordered a bunch of new paints and I'm really pumped about mixing up some new colors in the next few weeks.

I LOVE the anticipation of getting stuff in the mail. cool popcorn
fatfingers
fatfingers

Back to top Go down

Post  etch 3/17/2010, 1:13 pm

fatfingers wrote:Thanks, Etch. If it weren't for you, I would not be able to make stuff out of stainless.

no probs fatfingers, pay it forward i say, so sick of those who dont want to share or help out, or are out to screw everyone over, let me know when you need another blade

Etch
etch
etch

Number of posts : 1193

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com/Etch-Custom-Lures-h2.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next