Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starting small...by "Fatfingers"

+10
eurojett05
SALTYDOG
fishincrazy
rocstar21
FJR
Bluesfish
smitty
etch
skippy
fatfingers
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Starting small...by "Fatfingers" - Page 2 Empty Re: Starting small...by "Fatfingers"

Post  fatfingers 1/7/2010, 2:10 pm

Thanks, but I really hope you give some of this steps a try because the more you do, the better you'll get at it.

I have one more to post from this series to finish this thread. It should be done in a day or two.
fatfingers
fatfingers

Number of posts : 171

Back to top Go down

Starting small...by "Fatfingers" - Page 2 Empty Re: Starting small...by "Fatfingers"

Post  SALTYDOG 1/8/2010, 11:04 am

fatfingers, very nice I like the black speck. do you think Icould do that w/ rattle can Starting small...by "Fatfingers" - Page 2 Confused
GOOD LUCK GOOD PLUGGIN Starting small...by "Fatfingers" - Page 2 962367
SALTYDOG
SALTYDOG
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 332

Back to top Go down

Post  fatfingers 1/8/2010, 7:04 pm

Salty, I think you could find a way to create the speckling with a rattle can if you modify the tip or maybe try a few tips from other cans.

The technique requires lower pressure so it may work with a spray can that is almost empty. Maybe you could try it with a can and then save that can for just that technique.

BUT.....................I know another way...

Take some black paint and put it in a small container and thin it down a bunch. Then dip a toothbrush in it and run your thumb across the bristles...

It will take some practice to get the paint viscosity and the spray pattern right, but I know this will work for you and you won't need an airbrush at all.
fatfingers
fatfingers

Back to top Go down

Post  MrCrappiepants 1/9/2010, 2:17 am

ATTENTION TO ALL HAND MODELERS!!!!
If you want your hands to LOOK LIKE FATFINGERS do everything Vince tells you. I have noticed a slight change in the overall size and performance of my hands since I met him. NOW when I shake others hands I dont just shake their hand at a meeting.. I CRUSH IT!

THANK YOU VINCE! oh yeah you will make some purdy lookin lures too takin his advice!

VINCE! ARE YOU DONE WITH MY PET MONKEY YET? I SURE MISS HIM.

MR.CRAPPIEPANTS
MrCrappiepants
MrCrappiepants

Number of posts : 29

http://www.taterhogcustomlures.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rocstar21 1/9/2010, 7:53 am

MrCrappiepants wrote:ATTENTION TO ALL HAND MODELERS!!!!
If you want your hands to LOOK LIKE FATFINGERS do everything Vince tells you. I have noticed a slight change in the overall size and performance of my hands since I met him. NOW when I shake others hands I dont just shake their hand at a meeting.. I CRUSH IT!

THANK YOU VINCE! oh yeah you will make some purdy lookin lures too takin his advice!

VINCE! ARE YOU DONE WITH MY PET MONKEY YET? I SURE MISS HIM.

MR.CRAPPIEPANTS

Starting small...by "Fatfingers" - Page 2 56958 Starting small...by "Fatfingers" - Page 2 56958 Starting small...by "Fatfingers" - Page 2 56958 Starting small...by "Fatfingers" - Page 2 56958 Starting small...by "Fatfingers" - Page 2 56958
rocstar21
rocstar21

Number of posts : 2971

Back to top Go down

Post  fatfingers 1/9/2010, 9:20 am

The monkey you gave me destroyed the meat platter at the shop Christmas party.
First he ate all the baloney, then he started on the salomey, and he at the cheeses and the olives and oniions like it was his last meal. He's now got a bad case of monkey gas and some seriously bad breath.

But that monkey can cut stencils and paint a fine line with just a toothbrush, so you AIN'T GETTIN' THE MONKEY BACK anytime soon.
fatfingers
fatfingers

Back to top Go down

Starting small...by "Fatfingers" - Page 2 Empty okay....

Post  skippy 1/9/2010, 4:11 pm

fatfingers wrote:Salty, I think you could find a way to create the speckling with a rattle can if you modify the tip or maybe try a few tips from other cans.

The technique requires lower pressure so it may work with a spray can that is almost empty. Maybe you could try it with a can and then save that can for just that technique.

BUT.....................I know another way...

Take some black paint and put it in a small container and thin it down a bunch. Then dip a toothbrush in it and run your thumb across the bristles...

It will take some practice to get the paint viscosity and the spray pattern right, but I know this will work for you and you won't need an airbrush at all.
Can not tell you how cool this is....super super effect Starting small...by "Fatfingers" - Page 2 92223

skippy

Number of posts : 1386

Back to top Go down

Post  fatfingers 1/9/2010, 8:52 pm

Here's the last of the three surface baits I built for largemouth bass. This one I also kept simple with no striping, fins, gills, etc...just a good ol' surface buzzer with a goldish/silver belly, and an orange top with a bit of blue pearl overtone.
Starting small...by "Fatfingers" - Page 2 BassBzzr
Starting small...by "Fatfingers" - Page 2 BassBzzrbelly
fatfingers
fatfingers

Back to top Go down

Post  rocstar21 1/9/2010, 11:01 pm

VERY COOL LOOKING BAIT VINCE!!!! AWESOME BRO!!!
Starting small...by "Fatfingers" - Page 2 962367 Starting small...by "Fatfingers" - Page 2 962367 Starting small...by "Fatfingers" - Page 2 962367 Starting small...by "Fatfingers" - Page 2 962367
rocstar21
rocstar21

Number of posts : 2971

Back to top Go down

Post  SALTYDOG 1/10/2010, 10:29 am

VERY NICE, Starting small...by "Fatfingers" - Page 2 Icon_cheers
GOOD LUCK GOOD PLUGGIN Starting small...by "Fatfingers" - Page 2 622665
SALTYDOG
SALTYDOG
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 332

Back to top Go down

Post  fatfingers 1/11/2010, 11:01 pm

Thanks, guys.
fatfingers
fatfingers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2