Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Intro

+7
highhook
rocstar21
fishincrazy
Bluesfish
etch
smitty
Philly Jack
11 posters

Go down

Intro Empty Intro

Post  Philly Jack 11/27/2009, 7:07 am

Smitty asked that I provide a little intro to let you know me a little better. I;m 59 not in the best of shape but I love to fish. In fact I went off my meds for a week so I could play around in Buxton 2 weeks ago. Lots a kingfish, a few slot pups, so we ate well. Dale (Rockfish1) cooked, I cleaned.
Caught my 1st convict at Manesquan in say 1964, make that '60-I was 10 or 11. Caught a few. Nice ones too. When I got out of the service in 1971 I fished IBSP hard for a couple of years, then came the wife and baby so that shut things down for a few years-BA from Temple and MBA from LaSalle, working full time for the state didn't leave a whole lotta time but I always fished a few times a year.
Recently been doing the OBX but sure would like to find someplace closer to wet a line, I don;t walk well so driving to a spot is imperative.
Got some nice gear if anyone wants to try it out-mostly conventional. Just got a tricked our ABU 5500 that is sweet on an AFAW Esturay. Have another getting wrapped, spinning.
Still married, wife's ill but have a beautiful daughter, nice son in law and 10 year old identiful grandsons.
Oh yeah, made a Turkey today-Happy Thanksgiving

Philly Jack

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Intro Empty Re: Intro

Post  smitty 11/27/2009, 7:16 am

Welcome To SBO

Jack we will have to make it a point to get together this time and do some fishing i have a buggy pass for the L.B.I area so walking is a thing of the past "dont like to walk lol"

To fill in some of the others Philly-Jack was one of the first to show interest in my lures and really pushed me along with my building and learning in the beginning and i thank him alot for that.
He would always let me know how i was improving and was first in line to fish them......

Good people Philly-Jack is so lets welcome him to the S.B.O family.
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Intro Empty Glad it was the right Smitty.

Post  Philly Jack 11/27/2009, 7:45 am

What's the deal on a drivng pass? Would want to use my own vehicle since wife is in a wheel chair. Couple rolls of carpet runner make all the difference. We're on my friend come, hell or high water. March and April always to start hitting the beach-then again I might be able to sneak a few days off before Christmas-depends on the PT.
Nice to be back in touch with you, Jack

Philly Jack

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  etch 11/27/2009, 9:05 am

welcome to the family bro, Welcome To SBO even if you like smitty we wont hold that against you Intro 56958 Intro 56958 great people here,

Etch
etch
etch

Number of posts : 1193

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com/Etch-Custom-Lures-h2.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluesfish 11/27/2009, 10:38 am

Intro 742713 To our world Welcome To SBO ,Great site great people. Looking forward to your posts and input!

Bluesfish Intro 870783
Bluesfish
Bluesfish
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Intro Empty WELCOME JACK!!!!!!!!!

Post  fishincrazy 11/27/2009, 10:54 am

Hey Harrisburg,Philly here I Want to welcome you to our little slice of heaven!!!!!! Intro 742713

With the walking issue you ever think about going back to the Manasquan Inlett????You can park right there and the short distsnce to the wall provides easy access.The fishing is also very good throughout the entire season!!!!

AGAIN WELCOME Philly Jack!!!!!!!!! Intro 622665

I look forward to your posts!!!! Intro 92223

FC Intro 92223

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rocstar21 11/27/2009, 6:45 pm

Welcome To SBO

Intro 622665

Intro 742713

THIS IS GREATEST FISHING SITE EVER! YOUR GONNA LOVE IT!
rocstar21
rocstar21

Number of posts : 2971

Back to top Go down

Post  highhook 11/28/2009, 1:49 pm

Welcom Philly Kack, your in good company here !!!! I was born in Harrisburg and lived in Steelton. Highhook Very Happy

highhook

Number of posts : 160

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 11/28/2009, 2:48 pm

Welcome To SBO Jack,enjoy your stay great site with great people here.. Intro 622665
Smoke
Smoke

Number of posts : 4877

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 11/28/2009, 2:54 pm

Welcome To SBO enjoy nice to have u in our family looking forword to hear more from u and thanks for pushing smitty with the plug building caus as u can see his work is incredible Welcome To SBO
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  REDBASS 11/29/2009, 6:49 pm

Intro 22943 WELCOME TOO SBO JACK. ITS A GREAT PLACE ENJOY. Intro 22943
REDBASS
REDBASS
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER