Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Rod for a beginner:

+4
striperslayer
slamming snizz69
stevel
fishincrazy
8 posters

Go down

New Rod for a beginner: Empty New Rod for a beginner:

Post  fishincrazy 11/11/2009, 11:50 am

No it's not for me I can't even pretend to know anything about the sud's!!! drool drool

jajim has taken a strong intrest in the suds,as of yet he's just usin some hand me down equipment.I wanna get him a light weight rod for plugging,but am not paying big $$ for one.My brother likes the Tsunami's I don't know I throw Shimano.I was wonderin who here has an airwave???I've held em in my hand B4 and there light and seem like a good rod??I don't know how sturdy they are and would like to get some input.I think it'll be paired up with somekind of shimano reel,or I've been seein alot of Diawa reels on the beach.Any ideas on a 8-9' combo for an enconomically challenged father???

SSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHH don't tell jajim it's a suprise!!!

Thanks in advance for any and all imput!!!!

FC

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

New Rod for a beginner: Empty Re: New Rod for a beginner:

Post  stevel 11/11/2009, 12:14 pm

jim I GOT THE AIR WAVE for my surf rod for bait have it paired with schimano bait runners the rod is awsome for the price got 10ft xtra heavey and its light as hell . next yr gettin A 9FT FOR PLUGGIN ,for the price good rod :.......:
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  slamming snizz69 11/11/2009, 12:51 pm

Airwaves are good rods Ive had two the 9 footer and the 11 heaver for bait. I broke the 9 footer seting up on a bluefish. But their good rods Ive seen guy on the jetty whip fish up to 25LBs with it. But for a little bit more money take a look a the diawa TDS just as light better rod and you can beat the piss out of it.
slamming snizz69
slamming snizz69

Number of posts : 99

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 11/11/2009, 1:06 pm

slamming snizz69 wrote:Airwaves are good rods Ive had two the 9 footer and the 11 heaver for bait. I broke the 9 footer seting up on a bluefish. But their good rods Ive seen guy on the jetty whip fish up to 25LBs with it. But for a little bit more money take a look a the diawa TDS just as light better rod and you can beat the piss out of it.

Cool snizz I'll check it out the sales are commin so I think I'm good!!!

FC

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 11/11/2009, 1:07 pm

stevel wrote:jim I GOT THE AIR WAVE for my surf rod for bait have it paired with schimano bait runners the rod is awsome for the price got 10ft xtra heavey and its light as hell . next yr gettin A 9FT FOR PLUGGIN ,for the price good rod :.......:
\

Thanks Steve,Good deal!!!!!!!!!!

FC

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  striperslayer 11/11/2009, 1:23 pm

I reccomend the St croix Triumph. Its a Cheaper rod ($110 for a 9 footer) and it preforms well. I have the 10 footer matched with a 704z and love it. The 9 foot model throws 1/2oz - 2 1/2oz. It seams perfect for lightweight plugging. Its model number TSRS90M2. It is made in china but carries the St croix name and is worth more then the price you will pay.
striperslayer
striperslayer

Number of posts : 325

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 11/11/2009, 3:27 pm

striperslayer wrote:I reccomend the St croix Triumph. Its a Cheaper rod ($110 for a 9 footer) and it preforms well. I have the 10 footer matched with a 704z and love it. The 9 foot model throws 1/2oz - 2 1/2oz. It seams perfect for lightweight plugging. Its model number TSRS90M2. It is made in china but carries the St croix name and is worth more then the price you will pay.

Thanks SS!!!!!Yea I'm familar with St.Croix I use em for fresh water and like em alot!!!!

FC New Rod for a beginner: 92223 New Rod for a beginner: 92223 New Rod for a beginner: 92223 New Rod for a beginner: 92223 New Rod for a beginner: 92223

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  Val@Oceanside 11/11/2009, 8:05 pm

Tica all the way! Call me for a price quote and advise! 609-848-3096
Val@Oceanside
Val@Oceanside
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 311

Back to top Go down

Post  Lbifisherman429 11/11/2009, 8:54 pm

Can't go wrong w/ tica or airwave

Lbifisherman429
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 391

Back to top Go down

Post  fish factor 11/11/2009, 11:01 pm

MY bro had an airwave two yrs old it broke and he walked into the tackle box and they swapped it out
fish factor
fish factor
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2092

Back to top Go down

Post  HONEYHOLEDIPPER 11/12/2009, 7:41 pm

TICA 9 ft mod# uea - or something rated for 3/4 to 3oz $79.99 about, paired up w/ a Diawa 2600-$ 99.99 about ,mines 4 or 5 seasons old and still strong, no back lash w/ power pro , Big blue fish get whiped w/ no prob. bro, (XMAS IS COMING) for me u can get me a bigger tica for throwing a brick to hold bottom nex time it blows up like this one.
sea ya
HONEYHOLEDIPPER
HONEYHOLEDIPPER

Number of posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 11/12/2009, 7:43 pm

HONEYHOLEDIPPER wrote:TICA 9 ft mod# uea - or something rated for 3/4 to 3oz $79.99 about, paired up w/ a Diawa 2600-$ 99.99 about ,mines 4 or 5 seasons old and still strong, no back lash w/ power pro , Big blue fish get whiped w/ no prob. bro, (XMAS IS COMING) for me u can get me a bigger tica for throwing a brick to hold bottom nex time it blows up like this one.
sea ya

I was lookin at that rod,looks good.Just gotta make sure it's light enough for him to cast.I'll look into the reel sounds good to me. New Rod for a beginner: 92223

Thanks Bro!!!
FC New Rod for a beginner: 92223

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down