Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NJ 2009 Fluke Regulations

4 posters

Go down

NJ 2009 Fluke Regulations Empty NJ 2009 Fluke Regulations

Post  Kevnmary 3/10/2009, 4:27 pm

6 fish @18" May23rd - Sept. 4th

I must say I am disappointed. I was hoping for something more creative like a smaller size to encourage less breeder mortality and was really hoping for an extended season. Last year it took so long for the water to warm up fluke season was over before we had 4-5 trips under our belt. I would have liked a later start and an ending in October. Now we are in the same boat as last year....nothing to fish for from the end of fluke until the start of the striper run in the Fall (except seabass!)
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

NJ 2009 Fluke Regulations Empty Re: NJ 2009 Fluke Regulations

Post  REDBASS 3/10/2009, 9:10 pm

IN NJ YOU GUYS GET SMALLER SIZE AND A LARGER KEEPER COUNT. NY IS LOOKING TOO GO 19 1/2 INCHES AND 4 FISH. I SAY IT EVERY YEAR THAT NJ HAS BETTER FLUKE REGS.

Last edited by REDBASS on 3/14/2009, 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
REDBASS
REDBASS
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2131

http://WWW.STRIPEDBASSOBSESSION.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeybonz 3/11/2009, 6:21 pm

i wont even comment ~~~ the amount of keepers u get is fine, but there seperating wat 5miles maybe 10 from ny waters!!! bummer!!! ny always get screwed even on cigarettes,haha i hate this state!!

im just grummpy cause i lost 1 of my fluke reel handles!! man
mikeybonz
mikeybonz
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1048

Back to top Go down

Post  duskydaze 3/14/2009, 7:16 am

Kevnmary wrote:
6 fish @18" May23rd - Sept. 4th

I must say I am disappointed. I was hoping for something more creative like a smaller size to encourage less breeder mortality and was really hoping for an extended season. Last year it took so long for the water to warm up fluke season was over before we had 4-5 trips under our belt. I would have liked a later start and an ending in October. Now we are in the same boat as last year....nothing to fish for from the end of fluke until the start of the striper run in the Fall (except seabass!)

Disappointed? You should be thrilled! Last year at this time we were looking at a possible shutdown of the fluke fishery. The SSFFF raised money to hire an independant scientist to "assist" NMFS and prove the stocks were in better shape then NMFS thought. The end result is that from Ma to NC there is a season in 2009. Is it what we all had hoped for? Of course not but again, we have a season. I financially support them, do you? I just went to the dinner a week ago and know that there are upcoming research projects that require a lot of money. We ALL need to support their efforts. My only disappointment is that evryone that fluke fishes from Ma to NC has not supported the cause.

duskydaze

Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Post  REDBASS 3/14/2009, 10:21 am

mikeybonz wrote:i wont even comment ~~~ the amount of keepers u get is fine, but there seperating wat 5miles maybe 10 from ny waters!!! bummer!!! ny always get screwed even on cigarettes,haha i hate this state!!

im just grummpy cause i lost 1 of my fluke reel handles!! man

:idea:
THINK WE ARE GOING TOO CALL YOU GRUMMPY MIKIE NJ 2009 Fluke Regulations 622665 LITTLE
YOU KNOW I HAVE TOO BUST ON YOU LOL FIX THE HOLE YET. LOL
REDBASS
REDBASS
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2131

http://WWW.STRIPEDBASSOBSESSION.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeybonz 3/14/2009, 12:55 pm

what hole in my brain !!! duskydave to be honest i've tried to help this fluke industry, but when there are lack of dec agents around, how can we manage other people not knowing regs. and taking smaller fish. i've called dec guys that gave me there # there just not there when this people take fish!! i know this along is not the only thing hurting the fish. im happy to say i realeased 99.9 % percent of all the fluke i had last year. But seriously 21.5 for the avg. beach frisherman is insane, i nailed them last year and only mange 3 fish above 22". Its good to know there are alot of little little 15-18 size fish roaming around. Switching to circle hooks this year gut hooked i'd say 15% of the fluke i caUght last year off the surf. I hate killin fish !!! Mb throwing my 2 cents in !!!!!!!111
mikeybonz
mikeybonz
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  duskydaze 3/14/2009, 7:44 pm

mikeybonz wrote:what hole in my brain !!! duskydave to be honest i've tried to help this fluke industry, but when there are lack of dec agents around, how can we manage other people not knowing regs. and taking smaller fish. i've called dec guys that gave me there # there just not there when this people take fish!! i know this along is not the only thing hurting the fish. im happy to say i realeased 99.9 % percent of all the fluke i had last year. But seriously 21.5 for the avg. beach frisherman is insane, i nailed them last year and only mange 3 fish above 22". Its good to know there are alot of little little 15-18 size fish roaming around. Switching to circle hooks this year gut hooked i'd say 15% of the fluke i caUght last year off the surf. I hate killin fish !!! Mb throwing my 2 cents in !!!!!!!111

What does this have to do with my post? And it is "duskydaze" not dave

duskydaze

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeybonz 3/14/2009, 7:52 pm

easy daze My only disappointment is that evryone that fluke fishes from Ma to NC has not supported the cause. just refering to how no1 supported the cause like u said sry man not lookin to fight
mikeybonz
mikeybonz
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  duskydaze 3/14/2009, 8:18 pm

mikeybonz wrote:easy daze My only disappointment is that evryone that fluke fishes from Ma to NC has not supported the cause. just refering to how no1 supported the cause like u said sry man not lookin to fight

No worries. BTW have you sent a donation to SSFFF? FYI I fish, I don't fight. lol!

duskydaze

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down