Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 200yrd. fishing report Sat 10/31

+3
fishincrazy
HONEYHOLEDIPPER
highhook
7 posters

Go down

The 200yrd. fishing report Sat 10/31 Empty The 200yrd. fishing report Sat 10/31

Post  highhook 11/1/2009, 4:06 pm

A boat and surf report. Hit the Barneget Inlet around 10am and that was as far as we got, we were 3/4's out and all hell broke loose.....I dont' mean fish either.....The inlet looked promising for a bit 2-3 ft and all of a sudden 8ft swells and some... and no real distance between them with a bigtime chop....kinda saw it coming but you don't know how bad it is till your in it, by then we were knew we were in deep chit. I turned to my bro in-law and said ..it's up to you, he didn't even respond. We climbed what must have been a 10ftr and plunged straight down into the next one... i swear.. I heard the prop !!! We were in a 21ft Whaler set back deep vee and 200hp, probably the most comfortable/toughest small boat I fish on by far....most of the guys in here would have "made" right in their Depends, but not me..... right in the Calvin Klines ;)) Looked back at Ibsp...everyones having a blast,fishing, drinking, frizbees in the air and were about to get rolled on a turn around. Two guys on the south jetty are waving to me, I think they were waving goodbye for good when I thaught about it, I gave them a wave back wit one "wet" finger. Have to give it to the captain, after numerous waves over the bow, he was hanging tough... he picked the right moment and made the turn between two monsters. I've boating all my life and have been in worse and for longer periods like most, but you have to respect the ocean and that Barneget Inlet "and I do) but that went from nice to 200yrds of hell for 15 mins...outta there . Hit Oyster creek and anchored up by the bank and chummed some clam and threw some eel out after a couple of hrs, after being stripped a couple times we called it a day. Saw some nice blues being caught by the Lighthouse, maybe 10lbrs but that was it. Hit the marina and we both got cleaned up( in the bathroom)...said our goodbyes and I hit the beach with leftover clam,Ship Bottom's water was looking great,knew I wasn't going to be there long because I had to be home to take the lil one "trick or treating"so I thought I'd get away without air'n down all the way for just a little 200yrds.....another stupid idea. I felt all the eyes on me at that point and could of cared less, what else could go wrong as I smiled.....well, I don't have my waders on and everyone see's the brown spot on my jeans....nice. I get situated and rod in the water and I'm feeling good until this guy pulls up next to me and sets up....I look up and down the beach......17mi of beach and he's 50 feet from me. A young kid,nice truck but i'm really not in the mood for making a friend right now......he hooks up a small bunker head and chucks that thing friggin 200yds over the bar....lol....I think I threw my clam 50yrds. No lie, this kid hooks up 5 mins later with at least a minimum of a 40in bass, he packs up and leaves...good for him, a nice dinner tonite, I'll be doing Skittles and Almond Joys all nite. I've had enough and cast one last time for the day........I guess I was just a little angry by now and chuck this rig a mile.........my 1st wind knot with PP 50lb, this is just getting better and better. I reel in a bit, it's 10 mins now and a 20mph wind and I'm trying to get this untangled with rig still in surf, you would thinlk I'd get a fish on now, and make it a even better day..........NOT.....I'm through with trying to get this birds nest untangled and start hand over hand pulling this line in.... I swear I must of pulled in 200yrds. Better days ahead....Peace

highhook

Number of posts : 160

Back to top Go down

The 200yrd. fishing report Sat 10/31 Empty BIG BOYEE PULL UPS

Post  HONEYHOLEDIPPER 11/1/2009, 5:00 pm

WOW Mark some voyage, glade I wasn't there, I will get you a Big Bag of DEPENDS or BIG BOYEEE PULL UPS for XMAS , oh **** that was a great story .
HONEYHOLEDIPPER
HONEYHOLEDIPPER

Number of posts : 130

Back to top Go down

The 200yrd. fishing report Sat 10/31 Empty Re: The 200yrd. fishing report Sat 10/31

Post  highhook 11/1/2009, 5:43 pm

You came so close to getting a call when my nephew bailed....maybe it was better you didn't go. Looking forward to X-Mas ;)

highhook

Number of posts : 160

Back to top Go down

The 200yrd. fishing report Sat 10/31 Empty Re: The 200yrd. fishing report Sat 10/31

Post  fishincrazy 11/1/2009, 5:58 pm

An angry mistress the sea!!!!! affraid Good report maybe somebody could learn somethin to save their life one day!! The 200yrd. fishing report Sat 10/31 560155

Keep em commin!!!!! The 200yrd. fishing report Sat 10/31 92223

FC

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluesfish 11/1/2009, 6:10 pm

Thanks for the report highhook! taking the good w/the bad. Catch em next time :lava: .

Bluesfish The 200yrd. fishing report Sat 10/31 962367
Bluesfish
Bluesfish
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post  REDBASS 11/1/2009, 10:05 pm

GLAD YOUR ALL OK. CATCH THEM NEXT TIME.
REDBASS
REDBASS
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2131

http://WWW.STRIPEDBASSOBSESSION.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 11/2/2009, 1:24 pm

Nice report! Keep at it better days are ahead
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  stilltryn 11/3/2009, 12:50 am

wow!! nice report. be safe out there.
stilltryn
stilltryn

Number of posts : 305

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down