Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A little glimpse into my world

+6
Kevnmary
fishincrazy
Smoke
eurojett05
rocstar21
NeedFish
10 posters

Go down

A little glimpse into my world Empty A little glimpse into my world

Post  NeedFish 10/12/2009, 1:17 pm

Vinny's thread got me thinking that I should post this here, give you guys a little glimpse into my world, since it seems so many of the members who I get to talk with in the chats are from farther south than myself. Just to give you a little perspective, I live about 10 minutes away from the Cape Cod Canal.

Hadn't planned on fishing this morning, but decided late last night to give it a shot. So dragged myself up and out of bed and into the car, getting to the canal at about 5:30. A little chilly before sunup, but it seems catching fish makes the cold go away like nothing else. The fish seemed to be on juvenile herring, and seemed to be picky, as they could be seen snacking on the bait fish, but ignoring the array of plugs being tossed to them. The small, 4 or so inch yo-zuri swimmer I had tucked away in my bag seemed to do the trick. As I worked it closer and closer to the rocks, a healty 20 or so inch fish decided to snatch it away from me. Now I understand this isn't a large fish by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm pleased with it, as it was my first ever canal bass. About a half hour or so later, as the sun began to show over the cape, right on cue, fish began breaking, and birds diving. But again, the fish turned up their noses at the plugs being tossed to them. I was however lucky enough to get a healthy 26 or so inch bass to take my white pencil, my second ever canal bass. After this, I missed another hit, and after that, the fish seemed to move on, and, not having my bike with me today, decided to call it quits, and wake up my parents to go out for a nice family breakfast in Onset.

I must say, it was a very beautiful morning. I am very pleased with the two fish I caught, as up until today, I have avoided the canal like the plague, after fishing it quite a bit last year, but with no fish. Lets just say, the canal is back on the radar for next season.

NeedFish

Number of posts : 63

Back to top Go down

A little glimpse into my world Empty Re: A little glimpse into my world

Post  rocstar21 10/12/2009, 1:31 pm

SOUNDS LIKE MY MORNING.......... IT WAS GOOD TO JUST GET OUT! NICE JOB ON THE REPORT! A little glimpse into my world 92223
rocstar21
rocstar21

Number of posts : 2971

Back to top Go down

Post  eurojett05 10/12/2009, 1:33 pm

Great read and well written report. Keep it up NeedFish.....Looking forward onto your next well written report. A little glimpse into my world 560155 Perhaps a pic to go with the text next time out. A little glimpse into my world 92223
eurojett05
eurojett05

Number of posts : 2453

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 10/12/2009, 1:37 pm

Thanks for sharing,nice report.. A little glimpse into my world 870783
Smoke
Smoke

Number of posts : 4877

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

A little glimpse into my world Empty BIG RED GREAT REPORT!!!!!!!!!

Post  fishincrazy 10/12/2009, 4:54 pm

GREAT REPORT NEEDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

FC

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 10/12/2009, 6:44 pm

Next Year? I'd hit it again next weekend! cheers
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  Minivin5 10/12/2009, 8:14 pm

Needs good read buddy! Always is nice to picture in your mind what someone else experienced...
Minivin5
Minivin5
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1449

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey 10/12/2009, 8:17 pm

NEEDFISH /// being a fellow masshole there is nothing wrong with the morning you had ... you caught fish ,,seen the sun come up and mom and dad bought breakfast ..... your 16 when your 26 workin your ass off and wishin u were fishin ... this day will be a exellant memory for you A little glimpse into my world 560155

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post  islander 10/13/2009, 2:57 pm

whitey wrote:NEEDFISH /// being a fellow masshole there is nothing wrong with the morning you had ... you caught fish ,,seen the sun come up and mom and dad bought breakfast ..... your 16 when your 26 workin your ass off and wishin u were fishin ... this day will be a exellant memory for you A little glimpse into my world 560155

Listen to Whitey on that... Im from BI/ SOCO and drive truck at times I will be in the middle of no were not even close to an ocean, home sick as all get out and ill start thinking bout this night or that night and it makes it better.... But will say this there is nothin lik erollin down PCH at sunrise, or over a mountain.... But it never compares to seein the sunrise over the water with your rod folded up from a fish :lava:
islander
islander

Number of posts : 210

Back to top Go down

A little glimpse into my world Empty hey needs....

Post  skippy 10/13/2009, 5:03 pm

Welcome To SBO Wow, terrific read, hopefully on sunday we can pound a couple of fat bitches,
will call you when I am coming off the island... A little glimpse into my world 870783

skippy

Number of posts : 1386

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down