Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mid-morning fishing...

+2
buddah
Minivin5
6 posters

Go down

Mid-morning fishing... Empty Mid-morning fishing...

Post  Minivin5 10/11/2009, 5:45 pm

I just got back from my morning fishing jaunt.... I took my floating pliers and my BPS free rod and reel set up and the Rowhunter Striper plug....I waded out to the sand bar castin towards the no wake markers...decide to turn around and cast at the beach....watching the gulls dive bomb the plug, even the BIRDS think it looks real!! SO on my 3rd cast towards the beach she hits from under the plug...with a crash the fish takes off right at me....I am reelin in line lika bastard...now the fish passed me on its way to Mexico line is screaming off and then it happens the cap on the side of the reel explodes and the handle is flopping all over the place.....I feak out and try to loosen the drag before the reel explodes.....finally the fish is calming down and I am palming the spool now....with my right hand under the reel holding the stem to the handle in place I begin to reel in the fish...I have to hold the rod to the right side so I can keep pressure in the handle as I am reeling in....just as the fish in in sight...she runs again...I am waist deep in sting ray infested water jumping up and down, screaming at the fish to slow down....a woman and her little boy are yelling to me from the beach now "Bring it in mister ...whatcha got Mister".....I yell back" a broken reel with a monster pullin away".... Ifinally get enough pressure to turn the fish and start walkin backwards toward the shore...tryin to reel in the whole time....when I get to the wash, the child starts screaming "Look at tha size of that fishy mommy" I can not believe my eyes, I have just fought a 40" Snook on a Rowhunter Striper plug and a broken reel..... I pick up the fish which is still very green and fumble for my pliers to get the plug out of the way....Plug is now out and this fish stars floppin all over....I grab the lip and pick her up to show the child that this is a beautiful Snook...he comes up and touches the giant fish and with a smile says" mister it wants to swim still" I replied" you are right" and we released it together.... Such a beautiful over sized egg bearing fish.... I wish someone was with me or I had had my phone on me, cause I did not get a single picture...

Thank You Rowhunter for the perfect Snook catching plug...it looks like a Striped Mullet, so much so that the gulls and a Snook though so.

~ Vinny

Last edited by Minivin5 on 10/11/2009, 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Minivin5
Minivin5
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1449

Back to top Go down

Mid-morning fishing... Empty Re: Mid-morning fishing...

Post  buddah 10/11/2009, 6:18 pm

Great catch and story Vin to bad about the lack of a camera, and get a better reel lol! .

buddah

Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 10/11/2009, 6:41 pm

Wow could you draw a pic?????Us poor ignorant NE guy's have no idea what a snook looks like????? lol!

No really GOOD DEAL VINNY!!!!!!!! Great Catch and the report A MASTERPIECE!!!!!!!!!!!! It was great how the kid wanted to release the fish!!!!!Finally maybe post a pic of the plug and the reel!!!!! Mid-morning fishing... 560155 Mid-morning fishing... 560155

AWESOME Rowhunter Striper plug Good deal!!!!!!!!!! Mid-morning fishing... 560155 Mid-morning fishing... 560155

FC

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 10/11/2009, 6:45 pm

awsome vin u must feel great Mid-morning fishing... 92223 congrats Mid-morning fishing... 560155
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 10/11/2009, 6:48 pm

awesome story.......

hey post this in the main forum Vin also so all will have a chance to read it ....
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  eurojett05 10/11/2009, 6:50 pm

Great read of a very nice report Vin....Now let us see them scars on that Rowhunter plug. Awesome Vinny. Mid-morning fishing... 92223
eurojett05
eurojett05

Number of posts : 2453

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down