Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What weight bucktails?

5 posters

Go down

What weight bucktails? Empty What weight bucktails?

Post  AKScuba 10/9/2009, 6:51 pm

Im looking to toss a few more bucktails in my bag for this fall. I have a couple smaller bucktails and one big 3 oz spro. Any suggestions on what size? Cant find 2 oz bucktails anywhere confused
AKScuba
AKScuba

Number of posts : 1162

Back to top Go down

What weight bucktails? Empty Re: What weight bucktails?

Post  rocstar21 10/9/2009, 7:12 pm

HEY.... IJUST BOUGHT A **** LOAD YESTERDAY FROM THIS SITE.......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

BOMBER LURES MAKES SOME KICK ASS BUCKTAIL JIGS!!! What weight bucktails? 962367 What weight bucktails? 962367 What weight bucktails? 962367 What weight bucktails? 962367 What weight bucktails? 962367
rocstar21
rocstar21

Number of posts : 2971

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 10/9/2009, 7:55 pm

Andrew it'll depend on where your throwin what tide,ect ect ect......Are you throwin on the beach??Inlet??River??? You'll probablly need an assortment from 1/2 oz up to 4-5 oz depending on the current where you want to throw em.Do you have Zeno's last book????There's a good chapter on bucktalis in it.I suggest reading it.

FC

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AKScuba 10/9/2009, 9:14 pm

Which of zen's books? I need some new material for the crapper What weight bucktails? 870783
AKScuba
AKScuba

Number of posts : 1162

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 10/9/2009, 9:20 pm

AKScuba wrote:Which of zen's books? I need some new material for the crapper What weight bucktails? 870783

The Hunt For Big Stripers!!!!! Check it out!!!

Fc What weight bucktails? 92223 What weight bucktails? 92223 What weight bucktails? 92223

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rebelmusicnp 10/9/2009, 9:32 pm

skinner also writes heavily on bucktail fishing. i generally use 1/2 to 3 oz bucktails and when fishing an inlet switch weights as needed. there is a fine line of when they are in the right spot during the sweep. the beach is a different story and you should use something that is just light enough to maintain feel. throw out your spros..the hooks suck! get jetty casters or something else with a big beefy hook. i've straightened enough spros to never use them for anything other than fluke.
rebelmusicnp
rebelmusicnp

Number of posts : 779

Back to top Go down

Post  rocstar21 10/10/2009, 9:02 am