Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cell phones will fishing

+12
Gremlin
joesfishinproblem
AKScuba
The Surfrat
tauruck
dozer 277
stevel
MissRiss
smitty
Smoke
fishincrazy
nicholas f manzi
16 posters

Go down

cell phones will fishing Empty cell phones will fishing

Post  nicholas f manzi 9/14/2009, 5:13 pm

tired of people fishing and talking on the cell to tell there friends what there catching or not. guys come to fish qnd have some peace and quiet. statenislandnick.

nicholas f manzi

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

cell phones will fishing Empty Re: cell phones will fishing

Post  fishincrazy 9/14/2009, 5:17 pm

People talkin always seems to bring more people!!!!!I tell ya what,seems like most folks couldn't get by without a cell phone.There a valuable tool,but sometimes there a pain in the ass!!!!!!

FC
Good post Nick!!!!

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 9/14/2009, 5:24 pm

Before the cell phone thing,when i was doing the fishing clubs,we always use CB'S radios to talk to eachother on the beach. cell phones will fishing 870783
Smoke
Smoke

Number of posts : 4877

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 9/14/2009, 5:28 pm

How come no one ever calls me when the fish are around?????????????/ confused
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MissRiss 9/14/2009, 5:29 pm

people who spend more time chatting on cell phones and on the VHF arent doing much catching because they arent giving their fullest attention to fishing and they are missing hits. cell phones will fishing 870783

I agree FC- seems like you have to "look cool" by being on your cell or checking for messages that arent there~its like you cant be without it for just a few minutes of your life.....my opinion- cell phones are overrated, they should be used for emergency situations. Dont get me started on people who drive and talk or text..
RIP: Land lines lol!
MissRiss
MissRiss

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 9/14/2009, 6:38 pm

ALWAYS GO FISHING WITH MIKEYBONZ HE TEX MESSAGES ALL THE TIME :??????: U WOULD BE SHOCKED HOW MANY HOOK SETS HE MISSES cell phones will fishing 56958 cell phones will fishing 56958
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  dozer 277 9/14/2009, 7:08 pm

i agree with you all. and smitty nobody ever calls me either. all i get is you should have been here the other day. i enjoy going offshore it doesnt work 40 miles off. unfortunately its a necessary evil in todays life.

dozer 277

Number of posts : 729

Back to top Go down

Post  tauruck 9/14/2009, 7:16 pm

Phones are a menace while fishing.
There's this thing here right now with the "Reel Screaming" ring tone.
This guy was fishing off his Kayak and the reel started screaming.
He didn't know if he should answer his phone or strike!!!! cell phones will fishing 56958
tauruck
tauruck

Number of posts : 164

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 9/14/2009, 7:51 pm

tauruck wrote:Phones are a menace while fishing.
He didn't know if he should answer his phone or strike!!!! cell phones will fishing 56958
cell phones will fishing 56958 cell phones will fishing 56958 cell phones will fishing 56958 now thats funny i heard that ringtone
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 9/14/2009, 8:56 pm

I got a funny phone story!!!!!!!! Seems Andrew was fishin he called me I missed it.I was playin music so I call him back he says Yo whtsup???Then I hear!#@$$%^#@!#@$!!!!#$$#@#!!!!!.Damn you Jim!!!!!!!
Seems he was fishin and missed a good hit due to talkin to me !!!! cell phones will fishing 56958 cell phones will fishing 56958 cell phones will fishing 56958 cell phones will fishing 56958

:??????: FC

I told him wasn't my fault he answered!!!!! :.......:

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  The Surfrat 9/14/2009, 9:30 pm

Hey Smitty, dont feel bad I always get the call after the fact or they wont tell me at all so that I dont rip them for not calling. But then I'll hear them talking about the other day and OOPS! they let the cat out the bag, so I rip them anyway.
The Surfrat
The Surfrat

Number of posts : 84

http://www.baysideanglers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 9/14/2009, 9:32 pm

The Surfrat wrote:Hey Smitty, dont feel bad I always get the call after the fact or they wont tell me at all so that I dont rip them for not calling. But then I'll hear them talking about the other day and OOPS! they let the cat out the bag, so I rip them anyway.

Thats my story always a day late!!!!!!

FC

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  AKScuba 9/14/2009, 11:39 pm

smitty wrote:How come no one ever calls me when the fish are around?????????????/ confused

If you would frickin call me back.... lol!
AKScuba
AKScuba

Number of posts : 1162

Back to top Go down

Post  joesfishinproblem 9/14/2009, 11:53 pm

MissRiss wrote:people who spend more time chatting on cell phones and on the VHF arent doing much catching because they arent giving their fullest attention to fishing and they are missing hits. cell phones will fishing 870783

I agree FC- seems like you have to "look cool" by being on your cell or checking for messages that arent there~its like you cant be without it for just a few minutes of your life.....my opinion- cell phones are overrated, they should be used for emergency situations. Dont get me started on people who drive and talk or text..
RIP: Land lines lol!

when the fish are around my phone does not stop ringing.........and i get text too riss lol.. i have one friend lol...and boy do i look cool......[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Number of posts : 1450

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremlin 9/15/2009, 12:19 am

I bring my phone with me just in case I need it. I get pissed off when it rings as I am trying to enjoy fishing.
Gremlin
Gremlin
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 452

Back to top Go down

Post  REDBASS 9/15/2009, 12:31 am

CELL PHONES SHOULD NOT BE ON THE BEACHES. WHEN I SEE THEM I KNOW PEOPLE ARE CALLING AND TELING THEM TOO COME WHERE WE HAVE SOME FISH. THE FISH WONT BE THERE WHEN THERE FREINDS GET THERE. THEN THEY SAY SHOULD HAVE BEEN HERE HOUR AGO. ITS RUDE HAVING CELL PHONES RINGING. I DONT THINK YOU LOOK COOL WITH A CELL ON THE BEACH. YOUR THERE TOO FISH AND HAVE PEACE OF MIND. MY 2 CENTS
REDBASS
REDBASS
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2131

http://WWW.STRIPEDBASSOBSESSION.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  joesfishinproblem 9/15/2009, 3:28 pm

REDBASS wrote:CELL PHONES SHOULD NOT BE ON THE BEACHES. WHEN I SEE THEM I KNOW PEOPLE ARE CALLING AND TELING THEM TOO COME WHERE WE HAVE SOME FISH. THE FISH WONT BE THERE WHEN THERE FREINDS GET THERE. THEN THEY SAY SHOULD HAVE BEEN HERE HOUR AGO. ITS RUDE HAVING CELL PHONES RINGING. I DONT THINK YOU LOOK COOL WITH A CELL ON THE BEACH. YOUR THERE TOO FISH AND HAVE PEACE OF MIND. MY 2 CENTS

red ur just too old to understand lol lol lol lol! cell phones will fishing 870783
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Number of posts : 1450

Back to top Go down

Post  MissRiss 9/15/2009, 4:55 pm

tauruck wrote:Phones are a menace while fishing.

What service has that ring tone?? I tried looking it up on VZN, but it had another one that sounded like birds and a stream... Or maybe we'll have to record our own, when we have the drag set loose and the bass picks it up and you hear the reel screaming!! Haha!
MissRiss
MissRiss

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post  Val@Oceanside 9/16/2009, 6:51 pm

I rock at texting and fishing. never miss a text or a fish! Ask everyone I know!!!! :)
val 8)
Val@Oceanside
Val@Oceanside
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 311

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeybonz 9/17/2009, 11:33 am

texting is always a problem. i dont seem to find phone calls an issure go with a bluetooth!! but it just goes to show like you guys said 1hr they fish r there, i make 1 call to stevel he gets there- no fish !!! just the luck of the draw!! Mb
mikeybonz
mikeybonz
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1048

Back to top Go down

Post  mattk 9/20/2009, 12:54 pm

I agree with the blue tooth idea. It helps me get fishin in and keep a paycheck. I've been on a dozen conference calls for work while wading in the surf during October and November. Ive got the mute on so everyone else can't hear the waves in the background and prayin the whole time that no one on the call asks me a question. Can't blame me for that!
mattk
mattk

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  AKScuba 9/20/2009, 9:54 pm

fishincrazy wrote:I got a funny phone story!!!!!!!! Seems Andrew was fishin he called me I missed it.I was playin music so I call him back he says Yo whtsup???Then I hear!#@$$%^#@!#@$!!!!#$$#@#!!!!!.Damn you Jim!!!!!!!
Seems he was fishin and missed a good hit due to talkin to me !!!! cell phones will fishing 56958 cell phones will fishing 56958 cell phones will fishing 56958 cell phones will fishing 56958

That was NOT A fun night and there was a monster bass on the other end of my line... :jerk off: cell phones will fishing 870783
AKScuba
AKScuba

Number of posts : 1162

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 9/20/2009, 10:26 pm

AKScuba wrote:
fishincrazy wrote:I got a funny phone story!!!!!!!! Seems Andrew was fishin he called me I missed it.I was playin music so I call him back he says Yo whtsup???Then I hear!#@$$%^#@!#@$!!!!#$$#@#!!!!!.Damn you Jim!!!!!!!

That was NOT A fun night and there was a monster bass on the other end of my line... :jerk off: cell phones will fishing 870783

HEY HEY cell phones will fishing 56958 cell phones will fishing 56958 cell phones will fishing 56958 cell phones will fishing 56958 cell phones will fishing 56958

FC

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 9/20/2009, 10:26 pm

mattk wrote:I agree with the blue tooth idea. It helps me get fishin in and keep a paycheck. I've been on a dozen conference calls for work while wading in the surf during October and November. Ive got the mute on so everyone else can't hear the waves in the background and prayin the whole time that no one on the call asks me a question. Can't blame me for that!

:idea: Thats awesome lol Very Happy
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down