Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa.

+7
fishincrazy
skippy
first2wins
Smoke
fish factor
rocstar21
tauruck
11 posters

Go down

Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. Empty Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa.

Post  tauruck 9/6/2009, 4:11 am

You call it Kayak fishing but we call it paddle ski. On the East coast we launch through some pretty mean breakers but the rewards are great. My friend/mentor Keith got this 80lb Yellowfin about a mile off the coast. Great fight but the funny thing was he couldn't get it out of the hatch when he got back to shore. He was just about ready to cut his ski open when he eventually got lucky. If you look carefully you can see scuff marks on the tuna.[url]Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. Photo-0016[/url]
tauruck
tauruck

Number of posts : 164

Back to top Go down

Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. Empty Re: Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa.

Post  rocstar21 9/6/2009, 6:52 am

WOW! AWESOME TUNA! Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. 962367
Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. 92223
rocstar21
rocstar21

Number of posts : 2971

Back to top Go down

Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. Empty Re: Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa.

Post  fish factor 9/6/2009, 10:44 am

wow thats cool only a mile out nice tuna!!!!!
fish factor
fish factor
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2092

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 9/6/2009, 10:57 am

Nice catch right there,from a yak too,it must of been some ride for your friend.. Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. 870783
Smoke
Smoke

Number of posts : 4877

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  first2wins 9/6/2009, 12:00 pm

I think I would have hacked up the tuna before cutting open one of those beautiful SA kayaks/Paddle Ski.
first2wins
first2wins

Number of posts : 210

Back to top Go down

Post  tauruck 9/6/2009, 1:31 pm

first2wins wrote:I think I would have hacked up the tuna before cutting open one of those beautiful SA kayaks/Paddle Ski.
For some strange reason the manufacturers build rectangular hatches. It's a bit like fitting a round peg in a square hole deal. Oval would have been better but I don't think they thought guys would catch the size fish they do.
tauruck
tauruck

Back to top Go down

Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. Empty hmmmmm.

Post  skippy 9/6/2009, 2:14 pm

I see a road trip is in the making :shock:

skippy

Number of posts : 1386

Back to top Go down

Post  tauruck 9/6/2009, 2:32 pm

skippy wrote:I see a road trip is in the making :shock:
With our exchange rate being 9:1 you could live like a king and the hospitality is such that the guys will put you up and supp Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. 962367 Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. 742713 ly Kayaks. We're just a bunch of Rednecks that speak funny and drive on the wrong side of the road.
tauruck
tauruck

Back to top Go down

Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. Empty Very cool fish.....

Post  skippy 9/6/2009, 6:08 pm

tauruck wrote:
skippy wrote:I see a road trip is in the making :shock:
With our exchange rate being 9:1 you could live like a king and the hospitality is such that the guys will put you up and supp Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. 962367 Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. 742713 ly Kayaks. We're just a bunch of Rednecks that speak funny and drive on the wrong side of the road.
to catch a fish like that, from a kayak,, is an awesome adventure cheers we have
a pretty good yellow fishery here, though our catch limits are strickly inforced.....can you tell us
how many, and how often you are allowed to keep :study:
Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. 100_5110

skippy

Number of posts : 1386

Back to top Go down

Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. Empty Thats Sweet!!!!!!!

Post  fishincrazy 9/6/2009, 9:17 pm

Damn tauruck Thats Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!Only a mile AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!How do you fish for em there?????Liuve Bait,Chunck,Jig????????

FC Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. 92223 Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. 92223 Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. 92223 Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. 92223 Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. 92223 Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. 92223

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

Back to top Go down

Post  tauruck 9/7/2009, 1:53 am

Bag limit is 10 per day. We use red & white Rapalas, Halco sorceres, red eye Sardine, mullet, small Blues and Bonito. We call the Yellowfin Gas Bottles. The ones that are caught off the paddle ski are mostly off our east coast (IndianOcean).
tauruck
tauruck

Back to top Go down

Post  tauruck 9/13/2009, 1:47 am

Some local.[url]Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. Kingyonski[/url][url]Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. Porra_1[/url][url]Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. 2009_016_Small[/url]
tauruck
tauruck

Back to top Go down

Post  tauruck 9/13/2009, 1:51 am

[url]Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. Snoek---gallery[/url][url]Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. SnoekClose[/url] Cape Snoek. Best eating fish ever. Great fighter. As plentiful as Blues are in season. Average size is about 10lbs. Lure and tackle destroyers of note.
tauruck
tauruck

Back to top Go down

Post  tauruck 9/13/2009, 1:54 am

My buddy in the Cape, Calder. Just before the neck goes "Click". He's a cruel man.
[url]Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. Snoek1[/url]
tauruck
tauruck

Back to top Go down

Post  tauruck 9/13/2009, 1:57 am

[url]Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. S5002279[/url]
Sailfish off Ski. Normally released but they say you get to keep your first one.
I don't agree.
[url]Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. Warrenbennet[/url]
Last Fathers day.
tauruck
tauruck

Back to top Go down

Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. Empty BIG RED LETTERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  fishincrazy 9/13/2009, 1:58 am

Thats Totally SWETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. 92223 Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. 92223 Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. 92223 Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. 92223 Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. 92223

FC

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 9/13/2009, 8:20 am

awsome pix neat to have a SBO member live so far away and share their fishing pix, stories and plug building ability with all of us keep up the good work tauruck :.......: and keep um comming Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. 92223
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  eurojett05 9/13/2009, 8:32 am

That's just awesome fishing on your side of the World tauruck. Thanks for sharing and keep em coming. Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. 92223
eurojett05
eurojett05

Number of posts : 2453

Back to top Go down

Post  tauruck 9/13/2009, 8:50 am

If any of you ever want to do a "Road" trip you are wlcome to. We'll look after ya and keep the wild animals away. Very Happy Fishing's going to be great until March next year. AND the best beer is about a buck.
tauruck
tauruck

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 9/13/2009, 9:22 am

buck a beer :affraid: hell ill be down as for the animals luv to be attacked by the LADIES :.......:
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  tauruck 9/13/2009, 2:15 pm

Steve, I don't know if you are aware that S.A. Breweries bought Miller. Where did the get the money??? South Africans buy booze by the truckload. The wild I was referring to is the four legged variety. People think because we live in Africa it's one big Safari park. The ladies here are hotties as well. Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. 962367 It might be less than a buck a beer.
tauruck
tauruck

Back to top Go down

Post  rocstar21 9/13/2009, 2:34 pm

KEEP THOSE PICS COMING! ITS AWESOME TO SEE PICS FROM OTHER COUNTRIES AND THE DIFFERENT SPECIES! Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. 92223 :you da man: Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. 560155 Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. 92223

:.......:
rocstar21
rocstar21

Number of posts : 2971

Back to top Go down

Post  StriperDance 10/22/2009, 8:14 pm

WOW i wana go that looks awsome man that tunas gottapull ya around alot.
StriperDance
StriperDance

Number of posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Paddle Ski fishing in South Africa. Empty Sea Kayak

Post  julie20099 5/24/2010, 6:47 am

i am looking in to buying a double seakayak have looked in to few options but none are quite what i need. I will be going the flat saltwater creeks yet it needs to be stable enough to withstand a few small waves. Any Suggestions??
=============
SEO Link Building | Link Building Company

julie20099

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down