Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saratoga in October?

3 posters

Go down

Saratoga in October? Empty Saratoga in October?

Post  jrelyea 9/1/2009, 12:00 pm

Anyone hit Saratoga (NY) in October/November? I'm thinking greenbacks & eyes.

:)
jr
jrelyea
jrelyea

Number of posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Saratoga in October? Empty Re: Saratoga in October?

Post  fishincrazy 9/1/2009, 10:15 pm

Haven't fished there but I've read about it.I like to hit Pulski Ny for the run,and Steelies!!!!Lale Ontario,and Onidea are great walleye fisheries.Have you fished Saratoga??Sounds like a great trip from what I've read.

WELCOME TO SBO!!!!!!!!! Saratoga in October? 92223
FC

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Saratoga in October? Empty Saratoga time

Post  jrelyea 9/2/2009, 11:48 am

I've been to Saratoga probably about 6x. Never left the lake with less than 10 boated largemouth in 6-7 hours on avg. The shorts are usually close to legal so you're not being pestered with a bunch of 6" class fish. I have relatives in the area so it's as much a family thing as it is a day out.

I've seen it as mainly a sandy bottom, clearly defined weeds up to about 18' matting the surface shallower. The water's pretty clear with maybe a 6' visibility. I'm told there are good numbers of pike, smallies, greenbacks & pike there too. I've heard complaints about boat traffic, skiers etc but I've never had a bad experience.

There is a 5 mph zone/no wake zone that's heavily radar enforced- this is 1 thing they don't play around with any degree of flexibility. Shoot, give me 5mph, and I'll drag a musky bait behind me Saratoga in October? 870783 !

I'm hitting it this week and a few times before November (I hope) then it's local lakers & browns til spring Hoping there's no ice this year)

:)
jr
jrelyea
jrelyea

Number of posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Post  REDBASS 9/2/2009, 11:38 pm

TIGHT LINES JIM. HAVE A SAFE TRIP. SEND BACK SOME PICS. Saratoga in October? 92223
REDBASS
REDBASS
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2131

http://WWW.STRIPEDBASSOBSESSION.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down