Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

8.15.2009 Today was just one of those days….

3 posters

Go down

8.15.2009 Today was just one of those days…. Empty 8.15.2009 Today was just one of those days….

Post  first2wins 8/15/2009, 7:50 pm

Today was just one of those days….

Clear skies, flat seas, very little wind what seemed like an easy going day to get the kayak out front…well that is where it ended. I launched with no problem and started to tie up when I had an issue with my reel(user error). I had to take the spool off and re set the thumb release…then I thought I left my big gulp mullets at home only to find out at the end of the day they were in the bottom of the bag hiding.

Everyone around me is getting hits and boating fish and I can’t get a hit. Tandem rigs, bucktails, high low…nada for me. After some time we make a move toward where a party boat was and as soon as we get there fish are busting the surface exactly where we were.

Then fish are marked so we start jigging…and of course I get Nada and my buddy gets a few seabass (not knowing regs at the time they went back). a little bit later we come across a boat set up chunking in there chum slick and getting some very big blues…I try everything and get nothing for quite some time as these guys are hooking one after another. Finally the T&W…such a boring way to fish hooks up and I get sporadic blues, but not until I decide to get something to eat. Trying with some lures I end up getting a loop over my spool that went unnoticed and caused havoc…going to have to respool that mess.

Land without issue and carry the kayak through the masses to get to the parking lot.
My left pant leg kept riding up so my Casper looking ankle now has a brick red band around it.
My stuff is a mess, it is beer thirty and I think I will crash until Big Rock spread his knowledge.

Rant over

Grib Out!!!
first2wins
first2wins

Number of posts : 210

Back to top Go down

8.15.2009 Today was just one of those days…. Empty wow

Post  skippy 8/15/2009, 9:14 pm

first2wins wrote:Today was just one of those days….

Clear skies, flat seas, very little wind what seemed like an easy going day to get the kayak out front…well that is where it ended. I launched with no problem and started to tie up when I had an issue with my reel(user error). I had to take the spool off and re set the thumb release…then I thought I left my big gulp mullets at home only to find out at the end of the day they were in the bottom of the bag hiding.

Everyone around me is getting hits and boating fish and I can’t get a hit. Tandem rigs, bucktails, high low…nada for me. After some time we make a move toward where a party boat was and as soon as we get there fish are busting the surface exactly where we were.

Then fish are marked so we start jigging…and of course I get Nada and my buddy gets a few seabass (not knowing regs at the time they went back). a little bit later we come across a boat set up chunking in there chum slick and getting some very big blues…I try everything and get nothing for quite some time as these guys are hooking one after another. Finally the T&W…such a boring way to fish hooks up and I get sporadic blues, but not until I decide to get something to eat. Trying with some lures I end up getting a loop over my spool that went unnoticed and caused havoc…going to have to respool that mess.

Land without issue and carry the kayak through the masses to get to the parking lot.
My left pant leg kept riding up so my Casper looking ankle now has a brick red band around it.
My stuff is a mess, it is beer thirty and I think I will crash until Big Rock spread his knowledge.

Rant over
maybe you will win the plug 8.15.2009 Today was just one of those days…. 742713

Grib Out!!!

skippy

Number of posts : 1386

Back to top Go down

8.15.2009 Today was just one of those days…. Empty Re: 8.15.2009 Today was just one of those days….

Post  REDBASS 8/15/2009, 9:37 pm

JUST ONE OF THOSE DAYS WE ALL HAVE THEM. IT SUCKS BUT YOU GOT OUT FOR THE DAY AND IS WAS A GREAT DAY OUT ON THE YAK. BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME OUT. 8.15.2009 Today was just one of those days…. 962367
REDBASS
REDBASS
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2131

http://WWW.STRIPEDBASSOBSESSION.COM

Back to top Go down

8.15.2009 Today was just one of those days…. Empty Re: 8.15.2009 Today was just one of those days….

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down