Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blackfishing seminar Thursday 8/27 Fishermans Supply in PP

+3
smitty
Minivin5
RussSommers
7 posters

Go down

Blackfishing seminar Thursday 8/27 Fishermans Supply in PP Empty Blackfishing seminar Thursday 8/27 Fishermans Supply in PP

Post  RussSommers 7/20/2009, 11:22 am

Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know that I will be a guest speaker down at Fisherman's Supply in Point Pleasant Thursday night August 27, 2009. I will cover tog fishing in depth from rods/reels, rigs, baits, other equipment, tips, tricks. I will also have Mr. 9.5 himself, tog slayer extraordinaire on hand. We will bring you through the most important and often most overlooked areas of tog fishing and make you a better tog fisherman.

If anyone has any questions about the seminar or togging in general, shoot me an e-mail at lovetofishnj@yahoo.com

Best wishes and tight lines,
Russ Sommers

RussSommers

Number of posts : 30

Back to top Go down

Blackfishing seminar Thursday 8/27 Fishermans Supply in PP Empty Re: Blackfishing seminar Thursday 8/27 Fishermans Supply in PP

Post  Minivin5 7/20/2009, 12:47 pm

I tell you what if I was up north I would be going to this for sure, you can never have to much information. Thank you Russ for sharing with us cheers
Minivin5
Minivin5
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1449

Back to top Go down

Blackfishing seminar Thursday 8/27 Fishermans Supply in PP Empty Re: Blackfishing seminar Thursday 8/27 Fishermans Supply in PP

Post  smitty 7/20/2009, 10:36 pm

hey Russ i will put a announcement about this on the scrolling ticker on top of the site....... Blackfishing seminar Thursday 8/27 Fishermans Supply in PP 962367
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  captainmidnight 7/20/2009, 10:44 pm

Sounds Fun!!! Got my new 'Tog rod on the wrapping bench as we speak. I'll try to get down there.......any cheap and clean lodging nearby?
captainmidnight
captainmidnight

Number of posts : 163

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 7/21/2009, 1:07 pm

captainmidnight wrote:Sounds Fun!!! Got my new 'Tog rod on the wrapping bench as we speak. I'll try to get down there.......any cheap and clean lodging nearby?

Put it out on the board maybe somebody here would let you shack up for the night???

FC

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 7/21/2009, 1:10 pm

Will you be covering boat only????Or will there be some Jetty fishin tips as well????

FC

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Driftwood 7/22/2009, 7:26 am

Do you have to register for this seminar??
Driftwood
Driftwood

Number of posts : 206

Back to top Go down

Post  RussSommers 7/26/2009, 8:48 am

captainmidnight wrote:Sounds Fun!!! Got my new 'Tog rod on the wrapping bench as we speak. I'll try to get down there.......any cheap and clean lodging nearby?

What blank are you wrapping?

RussSommers

Back to top Go down

Post  RussSommers 7/26/2009, 9:40 am

fishincrazy wrote:Will you be covering boat only????Or will there be some Jetty fishin tips as well????

FC

I will be focusing on boat fishing, but can tackle any jetty togging questions you may have.

RussSommers

Back to top Go down

Post  RussSommers 7/26/2009, 9:42 am

Driftwood wrote:Do you have to register for this seminar??

No registration necessary. Just come on down and learn about togging. Bring your friends, neighbors, kids etc. It's gonna be a really good time with a ton of togging info.

RussSommers

Back to top Go down

Post  RussSommers 7/29/2009, 6:42 pm

Any other questions from you guys?

RussSommers

Back to top Go down

Post  black talon 7/29/2009, 8:46 pm

i might have to stop on by and bust your stones Russ. j/k

black talon

Number of posts : 342

Back to top Go down

Post  RussSommers 7/30/2009, 11:21 am

they are some mighty big stones to bust. Have at it. :king:

RussSommers

Back to top Go down

Post  captainmidnight 7/30/2009, 7:57 pm

[quote="RussSommers
What blank are you wrapping?[/quote]

Russ,

Sorry for the late response, just got back from a little grouper fishing in Gulf of Mexico.......The Blank is the Seeker CLB708 I use a Stuart Tuff-butt set up with a gimbal cover and 6" mooseskin foregrip. A real nice Composite blank.....works really great with todays Braided line.

C.M.
captainmidnight
captainmidnight

Number of posts : 163

Back to top Go down

Post  RussSommers 8/3/2009, 8:55 pm

captainmidnight wrote:[quote="RussSommers
What blank are you wrapping?

Russ,

Sorry for the late response, just got back from a little grouper fishing in Gulf of Mexico.......The Blank is the Seeker CLB708 I use a Stuart Tuff-butt set up with a gimbal cover and 6" mooseskin foregrip. A real nice Composite blank.....works really great with todays Braided line.

C.M.[/quote]

Sweet. I am thinking about wrapping a United Composites 80 Wahoo for togging, but I haven't held it in my hand yet. I figure even if I hate it for togging I can use it for cod, yellowfin and longfin jigging. it's 50-80#, but the blank only weighs like 8oz and it's like .78" at the butt and a number 10 tip. I have a GUSA mega which is great for inshore 50' and less, but is worthless in deep water.

RussSommers

Back to top Go down

Blackfishing seminar Thursday 8/27 Fishermans Supply in PP Empty FYI - seminar postponed, to be rescheduled for the following week

Post  RussSommers 8/16/2009, 9:13 pm

Guys, my work schedule has changed. I am going to be in frigging Albany now that week. I am trying to reschedule for the following week. Updates to follow. My sincere apologies, yet again......work sucks.

RussSommers

Back to top Go down

Post  RussSommers 8/26/2009, 10:15 am

Date Moved to September 10th 2009. I apologize for the inconvenience. e-mail me if you need anything. lovetofishnj@yahoo.com

RussSommers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down