Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"NOT"so Pleasant Bay

+3
STRIPERTED
whitey
TheWogg
7 posters

Go down

"NOT"so Pleasant Bay Empty "NOT"so Pleasant Bay

Post  TheWogg 7/8/2009, 6:10 pm

Was out yakin today in the bay fishing the high.I was out near Toms neck and heard a splash,i thought"what the.....?,that sounded like a huge fish".To my surprise I was completely surrounded by seals , everywhere, i was a little nervous.
I tried to steer clear cuz if i hook a fish they will nab it.I heard another big splash and i felt my boat shake and my reel was going bzzzzzzzz so scrambled to get my pole and set the hook.When i finally grabbed it i thought "Oh no,i lost my Mr Bill"(rat tail)bummer.The crowd of seals were staring at me like i was some kind of circus act putting on a funny show for them.After checking my rig to see if i still had it,i suspected it might of been a seal but thought no way because im not using live bait.So i started trolling it again and tried to get away from my newest bunch groupies.
Splash,bzzzzzzzzzzzz! This time i was ready and grabbed my pole but my line was peeling off faster and faster and there was nothing i could do but watch my line get spooled by a seal.

Bill,you make them those big sand eels look too real,they even fooled a seal! lol! cheers "NOT"so Pleasant Bay 962367
TheWogg
TheWogg

Number of posts : 423

Back to top Go down

"NOT"so Pleasant Bay Empty Re: "NOT"so Pleasant Bay

Post  TheWogg 7/8/2009, 8:41 pm

Seals are Fokas !
In Portuguese. :,,,,,,,,,,,: lol! "NOT"so Pleasant Bay 870783
TheWogg
TheWogg

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey 7/8/2009, 8:58 pm

thats why you bring a club .... club seal sandwich uuummmm

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post  STRIPERTED 7/8/2009, 10:46 pm

theres no fish @ the cape just seals remember the last mission to race point with the JEM crew ???? "NOT"so Pleasant Bay 622665

STRIPERTED

Number of posts : 722

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWogg 7/9/2009, 11:40 am

A QUI NAO A NINHUM PEIXE ! "NOT"so Pleasant Bay 177925 lol! "NOT"so Pleasant Bay 870783
"NOT"so Pleasant Bay 962367 "NOT"so Pleasant Bay 962367 "NOT"so Pleasant Bay 962367 "NOT"so Pleasant Bay 962367 "NOT"so Pleasant Bay 962367 "NOT"so Pleasant Bay 962367 Very Happy :lol: :.............. :shock:
happy b-day: "NOT"so Pleasant Bay 92223 "NOT"so Pleasant Bay 560155
TheWogg
TheWogg

Back to top Go down

Post  bigfish321 7/15/2009, 7:53 am

been using them the only thing about them is that evvvverrrry thing in the ocean eats them that includes seals
any picture???

bigfish321

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWogg 7/15/2009, 9:37 am

bigfish321 wrote:been using them the only thing about them is that evvvverrrry thing in the ocean eats them that includes seals
any picture???
Sorry no pix,but if you want i can take a picture of my empty reel ? lol!
kinda tough to take pictures when i was battling currents,big waves,and seals splashing close by,not only that but it was my first time in Pleasant bay and i was almost in the ocean(kinda far from where i put in)and i almost lost my sense of direction. i thought i had to go around the light house but when i got close the red marker was to my left and made me suspicious about my heading.I didn't have GPS all i had was my instincts and a compass(old Magellan style)When i started to head back in the right direction a storm was coming in with heavy winds and made the water very choppy with white caps swelling over my bow and my kayak was filling a bit(i have a s.u.b.with no skirt,not ready for the rough seas yet) :help:
I fortunately made it back to the land mark i used as a reference point(Tern Island)it looked like a big sand cliff and it reminded me of where i was staying(Barcliff)by then i didn't care about fishing,i just wanted to get back safe without becoming shark bait :affraid:
I'm going back @ it sometime soon but this time i'm going to try heading north hopefully away from seal haven lol!
I'll bring my camera with me this time,hopefully i don't loose it "NOT"so Pleasant Bay 92223
TheWogg
TheWogg

Back to top Go down

Post  fish factor 7/24/2009, 10:45 am

thats kinda funny lol! better luck next time :..............
fish factor
fish factor
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2092

Back to top Go down

Post  REDBASS 7/24/2009, 10:41 pm

SEALS ARE BAD NEWS. SEALS TASTE LIKE CHICKEN. CARRY A BIG CLUB. "NOT"so Pleasant Bay 962367
REDBASS
REDBASS
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2131

http://WWW.STRIPEDBASSOBSESSION.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 8/5/2009, 12:54 pm

Be very careful...Seal's are great shark bait... :affraid: :affraid: