Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another run over Sat

5 posters

Go down

Another run over Sat Empty Another run over Sat

Post  Artificial All The Way 7/6/2009, 1:11 pm

Let me just say Wind SUCKS!!!

Left the dock at 6am Sunday to find 3 footers. Screw it. I'm catching Fluke.
Run across to some numbers in NY my buddy gave me to try. Couple other boats around. Nothing doing.
So now I'm in NY waters with no charts. GPS but no charts. Waves are now kicking up to a steady five foot and I can't hook squat. So I keep looking and looking. Wasn't until the fifth spot before my pole doubles over. Nice 20" to break the ice. Drop it back in the water and start picking some off with BIG jigging. They only wanted it on the drop so a higher lift with more drop is what I did. Standing on my seat and side rail dipping it down and lifting it up as high as I could while always keeping contact with the jig. BAM! Found the pattern. Next 23" fish got a filet sliced off and then the fish came to the boat steady. Limited out there and ran back to CT. Coolered the fish and went back out to do the same in CT.

Two of use battled waves all morn and filled the cooler. Many fish from 16" to 27.5". Caught on that 6" teaser with a 5" Fluke filet chunk. That was off the back of a 3 way with a 2oz jig tipped with squid. Caught fish on both all morn. Smaller fish all took the large jig. Weird day all around. By the time we got back there were 6 foot waves to get over near the breakers. My little 17'3" Angler CC handles it like nothing. Driest small boat I have even been in.

Did this same thing in Clinton CT Sat with slow but okay fishing. Ended up limiting out there as well in some very snotty seas. Doing better than most I talk with in Fluke so I can't bitch to much.

Have a bunch of fresh bunker my buddy just netted waiting for me to get out of my afternoon meeting. Going to drift them over a nice hump he marked fish on in search of my first 50lb bass. If that doesn’t get hot I’ll be running to a few Fluke grounds that have proven to hold fish over the years. Could use a good 10lb doormat about this time.

Good luck guys.

Jay

Another run over Sat Jul609

Artificial All The Way

Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Another run over Sat Empty Great Report!

Post  fishincrazy 7/16/2009, 11:00 pm

Great report AATW!!!!!!!!!!!

FC

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Another run over Sat Empty Re: Another run over Sat

Post  smitty 7/16/2009, 11:15 pm

hey nice report and really nice fish..... cheers
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 7/16/2009, 11:46 pm

Very nice fish and report,the sound holds some big doormats.good luck to ya.
Smoke
Smoke

Number of posts : 4877

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Husky 7/17/2009, 2:16 am

Back in the 60's there was no Fluke in the Sound. At least not anything like what you're experiencing. It was a South Shore fishery. "Times, they are a changin'!"
Husky
Husky

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum