Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody Flukin the suds ...???

+6
AKScuba
jettyjunkie
joesfishinproblem
fishincrazy
salt shaker
Oldsalts
10 posters

Go down

Anybody Flukin the suds ...??? Empty Anybody Flukin the suds ...???

Post  Oldsalts 6/22/2009, 6:50 pm

Just wondered how the fluke fishing was out front ..??? Anybody Flukin the suds ...??? 870783 Anybody Flukin the suds ...??? 870783
Oldsalts
Oldsalts

Number of posts : 2037

http://www.Smittyplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Anybody Flukin the suds ...??? Empty Re: Anybody Flukin the suds ...???

Post  salt shaker 6/22/2009, 9:23 pm

Not yet OS was going to start but this rain and clouds just puts me off for some reason. Maybe I am getting old.... Got a nice set up, 8.5 two piece with a bait caster can't wait to try it out. Maybe this weekend at the ibsp.... hows the sled coming along, from what I have seen she is looking good!! salt
salt shaker
salt shaker
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 181

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 6/22/2009, 9:58 pm

Saw a flattie come off the beach last weekend.Some guy with a KMART Rod had a nice flattie and a legal Bass.

FC

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  joesfishinproblem 6/22/2009, 10:29 pm

its good ed pm me and i will take u or tell u where to go i been getting a bunch
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Number of posts : 1450

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldsalts 6/22/2009, 10:29 pm

salt shaker wrote:Not yet OS was going to start but this rain and clouds just puts me off for some reason. Maybe I am getting old.... Got a nice set up, 8.5 two piece with a bait caster can't wait to try it out. Maybe this weekend at the ibsp.... hows the sled coming along, from what I have seen she is looking good!! salt

Hey Salt

Let me know if you go we may look you up if we can....lol

Ed
Oldsalts
Oldsalts

Number of posts : 2037

http://www.Smittyplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jettyjunkie 6/22/2009, 10:36 pm

fishincrazy wrote:Saw a flattie come off the beach last weekend.Some guy with a KMART Rod had a nice flattie and a legal Bass.

FC

dont lie jim that was you dont try to cover it up hahahahahahahahahahahahaha Anybody Flukin the suds ...??? 56958 Anybody Flukin the suds ...??? 56958 Anybody Flukin the suds ...??? 56958
just joking bro long time no talk hope all is well
jettyjunkie
jettyjunkie

Number of posts : 633

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 6/22/2009, 10:48 pm

jettyjunkie wrote:
fishincrazy wrote:Saw a flattie come off the beach last weekend.Some guy with a KMART Rod had a nice flattie and a legal Bass.

FC

dont lie jim that was you dont try to cover it up hahahahahahahahahahahahaha Anybody Flukin the suds ...??? 56958 Anybody Flukin the suds ...??? 56958 Anybody Flukin the suds ...??? 56958

just joking bro long time no talk hope all is well

You never answer your phone!!!Hey right back at you dude!!!!It's not a KMART rod it's a Dicks rod LOL!!!!

FC

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AKScuba 6/23/2009, 12:33 am

Lbi heard of fluke on Bombers, one of the crew at val's spoke of it.
AKScuba
AKScuba

Number of posts : 1162

Back to top Go down

Post  Val@Oceanside 6/23/2009, 10:58 am

Lots of Fluke!!!!! I fished for one hour yesterday and landed 4, short but still fun. I missed a bigger one though! guys are coming into the store all day long with keepers to filet on the cutting board! Chart. Swimming mullet and Bucktail. 8)
Val
Val@Oceanside
Val@Oceanside
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 311

Back to top Go down

Post  Artificial All The Way 6/23/2009, 11:39 am

Took off last Monady to Fluke. Last day of NY and first of CT. Pretty dam stupid for the same fish in the same waters divided by a line in the water but what can you do? NY limit is 2 fish 21" or better. Took a 25" and a 26" off the South side of Fishers Island in Long Island Sound NY waters. Fileted and iced back in parking lot cooler then ran to Mystic CT (10 minutes doing 40mph in my boat) and limited out there. CT regs are 3 fish 19.5" of more. I love rocking Fluke. Plan on running to RI next week to clean up there. My GSP is loaded with numbers that equal big fish. As long as the dam draggers stay away. :evil:
Looking to break my 10lb mark this season. Big ones come in the Sound last week of July.

Jay

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Artificial All The Way

Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post  AKScuba 6/23/2009, 12:10 pm

Val@Oceanside wrote:Lots of Fluke!!!!! I fished for one hour yesterday and landed 4, short but still fun. I missed a bigger one though! guys are coming into the store all day long with keepers to filet on the cutting board! Chart. Swimming mullet and Bucktail. 8)
Val

I didnt think you fished anymore lol! We'll hafta go flukin this summer sometime val, I need to learn the right way to catch em since I suck at it. When I go diving this summer Im just go find em on the wrecks n gig em with my knife. lol!
AKScuba
AKScuba

Back to top Go down

Post  Val@Oceanside 6/24/2009, 11:11 am

AKScuba wrote:
Val@Oceanside wrote:Lots of Fluke!!!!! I fished for one hour yesterday and landed 4, short but still fun. I missed a bigger one though! guys are coming into the store all day long with keepers to filet on the cutting board! Chart. Swimming mullet and Bucktail. 8)
Val

I didnt think you fished anymore lol! We'll hafta go flukin this summer sometime val, I need to learn the right way to catch em since I suck at it. When I go diving this summer Im just go find em on the wrecks n gig em with my knife. lol!

Your right I dont fish like i did. But its nice when I can get out of the store for an hour or so. I just have to fish hard! Don't forget I want to try spear fishing.
Val 8)
Val@Oceanside
Val@Oceanside
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 311

Back to top Go down

Post  AKScuba 6/24/2009, 11:35 am

Well I bought my new speargun from work yesterday so I have my own to use and the polespear for you to learn on. You got a wetsuit?
AKScuba
AKScuba

Back to top Go down

Post  salt shaker 6/27/2009, 8:17 pm

Old Salt just might bring the grands down on Monday for a while with a lunch and let em run in the ibsp surf and give the fluke a try.; Scott's up here has some nice frozen mackerel filets and was thinking of setting up some of those with a jig or a carolina rig, what do you think bout something like that?? Will let you know for sure if it comes to be.... salt
salt shaker
salt shaker
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  Husky 6/28/2009, 12:17 pm

Do any of you use Fluke Belly strips for Fluke Bait? We used to use that all the time, tipped with spearing or sand eels.
We used to store them in plastic bags in the freezer. It's a very tough and durable bait.
Husky
Husky

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Post  fishpro 6/28/2009, 12:27 pm

Husky wrote:Do any of you use Fluke Belly strips for Fluke Bait? We used to use that all the time, tipped with spearing or sand eels.
We used to store them in plastic bags in the freezer. It's a very tough and durable bait.

Husky...we do but it's barelly legal :jerk off: They have changed it this year so you can get strips from a fish, but you have to have the fish in your posession. Unless they changed it, you are not allowed to have strips from a fluke you don't have in your posession. It's NJ :jerk off: :affraid:
fishpro
fishpro
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 393

Back to top Go down

Post  salt shaker 6/28/2009, 9:25 pm

Used to use em all, but now a days you have to have the fluke rack if you have the belly.... keep ya from cheating and taking small fluke for bait etc... But the mack filets will work jes fine....and they are somewhat hardy also.... salt
salt shaker
salt shaker
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  Artificial All The Way 6/29/2009, 4:54 pm

You can use Fluke bellies as long as you keep the racks. Same as fileting. Filet them at sea but keep the racks to prove they are legal fish. Also don't have more than 4 filets for each rack when you get checked.

Never mind belly strips. Filet the fish. Cut 1 inch wide by one inch thick 7 inch strips. I use a jig and a teaser both with Fluke strips and the teaser is also tipped with a Chub/Spearing/silverside whatever.
Fluke by far hold true to BIG bait BIG fish!.

I went out Sat. Limited out with FLuke from 25 to 27". NO shorts. Several baots around us all using little squid strips and not a one of them hooked a keeper. Took us a half hr to limit out with 3 keepers each and no shorts.

Blue strips are second as best Fluke baits.

Artificial All The Way

Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down