Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ROCK HOPPERS:

+12
harbor rat john
Driftwood
phish4stripers
dozer 277
Bobes
Kevnmary
AKScuba
Bayside Arty
Smoke
monty
bassslayer92
fishincrazy
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ROCK HOPPERS: Empty ROCK HOPPERS:

Post  fishincrazy 3/3/2009, 7:04 pm

Who fishes from the rocks????
1) Whats your set up??
2) You throw plugs/rubber/metal/or bait???
3) What kind of Korkers??
4) Any Eel slingers???
5) Wet suits?? or rain gear?? or waders???
6) Gaff or Net????

I fish a 9'shimano set up.I mostly plug or throw swim shads/fin's'fish.I've got Korker boots.Usually rain gear but sometimes waders.I use a gaff. cheers

POST UP!!!!!! cheers cheers

FC cheers

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

ROCK HOPPERS: Empty Re: ROCK HOPPERS:

Post  bassslayer92 3/3/2009, 7:14 pm

i fish the rocks and love it
1) i have both an 11' custom lami the gsb 1321m and the gsb 1321l with a vs 250 with 30lb fireline
2)i mainly throw plugs sometimes a metal or two but never bait
3)i have the korkers k5000 series with the buckles
4)nope
5)i use waders with a aquaskinz dry top i want to start to get into the wetsuit i fished in one once in the spring and loved it but need to get a thicker one for the fall
6)neither hand or when the blues are around my bogul grip(spelling)

cant wait till the spring cheers cheers cheers
bassslayer92
bassslayer92

Number of posts : 66

Back to top Go down

Post  monty 3/3/2009, 7:36 pm

Fc, I
1) I fish the rocks 99% of the time, i fished the sand beach once in 2 years if that clears it up.
2) I fish with a 10 ft lami gsb 1208 1MH ( have 2 now) with a vs 250Black and 30lb fireline, and a kennedy fischer (tough peice to get) 11 ft stick with a vs 250g and 65lb PP, might go 95 though.
3)I throw plugs 100 % of teh time. Almost all wood, besides bucktails. I fish Lifishinvt darters, Big metal lips eelskin needles and Wadd needles 80% of the time, the other 20% im slinging live or rigged snakes
4) I have my korkers modified jimmy D amico style, studded with SS screws. Korker studs blow quick when on the rocks.
5)Wetsuits 95% of the time. Even in april I will fish my wetsuit. i ahve 5 diff ones, a custom fitted 7mm ocean ray with a 7mm top for april, a tilos 5/7 for may, an oneil hooded 3 mm wetsuit for sumer nights and an oneil 2 mm wetsuit for summer days, and an NRS 3/2mm wetsuit for late summer. I always have a quick release hunter belt, a diving knife from sharp edge trading, soon a hunter bag, a mesh pocuch for slinging snakes,a pair of VS pliers as of now and manleys in the truck. For waders, snowbees and cabelas for me with jimmy d amico korker moddification and my newets kokotat helix drytop
6) Liek said, i use my boga when its a decent fish, but with a wetsuit you can essentially get in the water. I use a gaff with 6ft+ swells at the light.
Nick

monty

Number of posts : 290

Back to top Go down

ROCK HOPPERS: Empty Rock Hoppers Look Here!!!

Post  fishincrazy 3/31/2009, 9:15 pm

Posted this early now I think there's more of you POST UP!!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

:idea: FC cheers

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 3/31/2009, 9:20 pm

No rock hopping here bro,my feet must stay on the sand only.sorry i cant help you out on this one,now if we are talking bait fishing as in chunking im your man..but shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh me and jr dont catch any fish.. 👅
Smoke
Smoke

Number of posts : 4877

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 3/31/2009, 9:22 pm

smokinjoe wrote:No rock hopping here bro,my feet must stay on the sand only.sorry i cant help you out on this one,now if we are talking bait fishing as in chunking im your man..but shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh me and jr dont catch any fish.. 👅

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

ROCK HOPPERS: 962367 FC ROCK HOPPERS: 962367

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  Bayside Arty 3/31/2009, 9:26 pm

Joe is a wiggle your toes in the sand kind of guy 👅
Bayside Arty
Bayside Arty

Number of posts : 162

Back to top Go down

Post  AKScuba 3/31/2009, 9:26 pm

Im definitely gonna be doin some rock hoppin again this spring jim. Just got a new wetsuit today, its either that or waders + dry top when I get one depending on the weather. Probably gonna use my tsunami + 5500SS setup.
AKScuba
AKScuba

Number of posts : 1162

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 3/31/2009, 9:53 pm

Bayside Arty wrote:Joe is a wiggle your toes in the sand kind of guy 👅
arty any time you want to wiggle your toes with us your more then welcome,i always have cold ones in the camper and hot coffee.True at times i am gotta do the family thing durning the summer time months.but when that time of the year comes me and jr are fishing our asses off.lol,if you want to hook up in the fall shoot me a pm.you know where i fish. :afro:
Smoke
Smoke

Number of posts : 4877

Back to top Go down

ROCK HOPPERS: Empty MIKEY

Post  fishincrazy 3/31/2009, 10:23 pm

If any ones takes this as course or rough then you have to understand I am a grumpy Prick .Just quit a 2 pack a day of Cowboy Killers . First time in 15 years without a cig in my mouth ,and im a ticking time bomb
Tick
Tick
Tick
Mikey

I ain't far behind I goptta quit!!!!!! :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid:

ROCK HOPPERS: 962367 FC ROCK HOPPERS: 962367

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 4/1/2009, 1:28 am

Well as you know in Jersey we don't have the rocks like you glacial deposit boys do North of us. Our rocks are all courtesy of the Army Corps of Engineers. That being said more often than not we are forced to move North or South through the sand. I however, more often than not I start every trip to the beach focusing on up current side first, then the down current side of one of our man made jettys or Groins. Once these areas are fished, or if they're taken, off I go along the sand to the next one.
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 4/1/2009, 2:20 am

Well said ... I know that the rocky parts of the NS LI are amazing for holding fish . At my cottage if the kids are catching porgies during the day i know I am gonna have a good night .This area is located on the North fork of the East end of Long Island .
The guys who were there were throwing tins at duck . I put a popper on and killed the fish . next day it was popper 101 .These are some of the rocky areas i fish all summer long

Just a Killer rock

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Another nice set

This was a Super still night all those ripples are fish and I was all alone . That was a Bakers Dozen that night !

Last edited by GSB_Bucktails on 4/1/2009, 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 4/1/2009, 2:23 am

Nice Mike. I'm gonna have to road trip there this year. Does it hold fish all Summer or do you only get the Spring and Fall?
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 4/1/2009, 2:26 am

They are there all year because the abundance of bait . You have to work for them once you hit July.

You have to hunt and your looking for that one good fish .....I am No Superstar i have to work my ass off for fish
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobes 4/1/2009, 11:31 am

1) 9' Tica dolphin with a Shimano Spheros 8000FB 75% of the time. When throwing larger plugs 11' Airwave with either the Shimano or a Penn 650
2) Plugs, rubber, and metal from the rocks.
3) Lace up Korkers recently modified with carbide snowmobile studs. We'll see how that goes.
4) Not Yet
5) Waders and dry top. Will look into wetsuiting this year
6) Nada.

Bobes

Number of posts : 85

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 4/1/2009, 11:36 am

Bobes wrote:1) 9' Tica dolphin with a Shimano Spheros 8000FB 75% of the time. When throwing larger plugs 11' Airwave with either the Shimano or a Penn 650
2) Plugs, rubber, and metal from the rocks.
3) Lace up Korkers recently modified with carbide snowmobile studs. We'll see how that goes.
4) Not Yet
5) Waders and dry top. Will look into wetsuiting this year
6) Nada.

Cool!!!!!!! Think I've actually met you on the jetty at Manasquan once?????Maybe twice. Good deal!!!I wanna hit it with Eels this spring!!!!!We should hook up!!!!

FC cheers

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobes 4/1/2009, 12:13 pm

fishincrazy wrote:

Cool!!!!!!! Think I've actually met you on the jetty at Manasquan once?????Maybe twice. Good deal!!!I wanna hit it with Eels this spring!!!!!We should hook up!!!!

FC cheers

Never actually fished the Manasquan jetty :scratch: You can usually find me a bit further north. Maybe I ran into you up there ?

Bobes

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 4/1/2009, 12:17 pm

Bobes wrote:
fishincrazy wrote:

FC cheers

Never actually fished the Manasquan jetty :scratch: You can usually find me a bit further north. Maybe I ran into you up there ?

Shark river????

FC

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobes 4/1/2009, 1:09 pm

Yeah that sounds more like it. Usually there and anywhere in between to Sea Bright. Once in awhile south, but never past Manasquan. When the action starts out front I'm sure I'll run into you. PM if you ever want to meet up.

Bobes

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 4/1/2009, 1:10 pm

Bobes wrote:Yeah that sounds more like it. Usually there and anywhere in between to Sea Bright. Once in awhile south, but never past Manasquan. When the action starts out front I'm sure I'll run into you. PM if you ever want to meet up.

There you go I like the Sea Girt strech and fish that area as much as I can maybe it was there???

FC

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  AKScuba 4/1/2009, 2:23 pm

GLOWING WATER!! lol!
AKScuba
AKScuba

Number of posts : 1162

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 4/1/2009, 2:39 pm

AKScuba wrote:GLOWING WATER!! lol!

You know it A!!!!! That was a weird night huh???

FC :affraid:

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobes 4/1/2009, 3:41 pm

fishincrazy wrote:

There you go I like the Sea Girt strech and fish that area as much as I can maybe it was there???

FC

I've only fished Sea Girt a hand full of times, and I'm pretty sure I've never talked to anyone while fishing there. So maybe you have me confused with someone else. No worries. See you on the rocks/beach somewhere betweeen Sandy Hook and Manasquan.... :lol:

Bobes

Back to top Go down

Post  dozer 277 4/1/2009, 4:13 pm

i'm gonna throw my hat in the ring here. I have never been more than 50 ft out on the jetty in the park. :affraid: just dont feel comfortable especially after what happened to brian. i am looking for someone to show me the ropes out there. have the korkers and waders and rain top. wanna throw plugs have a 9ft tica and penn 5500 just a bit of a chicken tho. i would love to do some blackfishing from the rocks too. maybe tag along with someone this spring just to get a feel for it out there. also need to know what everyone brings out and how they carry it. so i guess i want to know it all LOL. just kidding. just need some guidance here. my family has kinda gotten used to me (or my paycheck i guess).

dozer 277

Number of posts : 729

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 4/1/2009, 4:37 pm

I've seen guys jumping around the rocks like Burmese mountain goats. Me I am not too sure footed when it comes to jettys I would just as soon play it safe and fish seawalls or pockets on the sides of the jetty's. Play safe and be careful!

:affraid:
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next