Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishermen lost a great friend this weekend

+8
fishincrazy
stevel
smitty
technologist
Rick..stillcasting
Oldsalts
Smoke
jmerc
12 posters

Go down

Fishermen lost a great friend this weekend Empty Fishermen lost a great friend this weekend

Post  jmerc 5/11/2009, 7:43 pm

Just wanted to let everyone know that a great lifelong fisherman and a great friend to me and all who have ever fished Great Kills Park passed away this weekend. Lester Beattie known to all as Les passed this weekend at home in what was a surprise to all. Les fished almost every day of his life untill the end. he was a great source of information to fishermen and women and was always willing to share info and experiences with anyone willing to sit and chat. He had his own spot where hed sit daily on Bulkhead rd and fish each morning and chat with friends and share stories of the old days. He will surely be missed and I take comfort knowing that he is fishing in a better place. Less keep a tight line and your rod tip up untill we meet again. God be with you and your family.

jmerc

Number of posts : 43

Back to top Go down

Fishermen lost a great friend this weekend Empty Re: Fishermen lost a great friend this weekend

Post  Smoke 5/11/2009, 7:48 pm

Sorry to hear about your friend,My he RIP and my condolences sent to his friends and family. :(
Smoke
Smoke

Number of posts : 4877

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Fishermen lost a great friend this weekend Empty Re: Fishermen lost a great friend this weekend

Post  Oldsalts 5/11/2009, 7:51 pm

Sorry for your loss .

Tight lines
Oldsalts
Oldsalts

Number of posts : 2037

http://www.Smittyplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick..stillcasting 5/11/2009, 7:56 pm

Les sounds like a really good guy. He was in your life for a reason,, glad you got to know him.
Tight lines Les.

Rick..stillcasting

Number of posts : 385

Back to top Go down

Post  technologist 5/11/2009, 8:46 pm

RIP,Les
technologist
technologist

Number of posts : 475

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 5/11/2009, 8:58 pm

so sad to hear..... :(
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 5/11/2009, 8:59 pm

truely sorry about less he was a good man he will never be forgotten may he rest in peace 😢 😢
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Fishermen lost a great friend this weekend Empty RIP LES

Post  fishincrazy 5/11/2009, 9:16 pm

jmerc I did not know your friend but what you wrote here made me think of friends I've lost.May Les RIP and may you pass along the knowledge he shared with you.This will let Les live on in you!!!!

FC

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Popper 5/11/2009, 10:07 pm

Its hard to loose a fixture like that a pillar to the fishing community if you will.He will live on in all the people he helped to enjoy our sport .My deepest regrets for the loss of your friend.
Doc Popper
Doc Popper
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 244

Back to top Go down

Post  rebelmusicnp 5/11/2009, 11:57 pm

sorry for your loss and our general loss of a great fisherman. you were fortunate to have known him and can carry on his legacy by telling stories of your own...with les being a good part of them.
rebelmusicnp
rebelmusicnp

Number of posts : 779

Back to top Go down

Post  REDBASS 5/12/2009, 12:05 am

IM GOING TOO MISS LES. HE WAS ALWAYS IN HIS CHAIR ON THE BULKHEAD. I WAS LOOKING FOR HIM ON SAT AND SUNDAY. HE WILL BE MISSED DEEPLY. TIGHT LINES LES.
REDBASS
REDBASS
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2131

http://WWW.STRIPEDBASSOBSESSION.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey 5/14/2009, 1:02 pm

sorry to here it rip

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down