Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How far do you go?

+11
Doc Popper
Smoke
HugeDinghy
AKScuba
Sephus3
joesfishinproblem
fishincrazy
REDBASS
Driftwood
soot
Rick..stillcasting
15 posters

Go down

How far do you go? Empty How far do you go?

Post  Rick..stillcasting 5/7/2009, 1:50 am

Now that the season is in gear,, how far do you travel to your go to spot? If you get there and work it w/o results do you travel again? Have you been checking that area out before the season?,, in my area certain beach cuts and drops have moved around,,some still there others are memories.
I live in Brick(otucky) NJ,, the very flat beach is only 10 minutes away,however, I travel up to Sandy Hook and my most southern area is IBSP,there are many good areas in between. I do have a pass and enjoy riding on the beach, I have had a few trips to Oyster Creek though I always feel kinda spooked being near the oldest operating nuclear plant in America.
I look forward to another Montauk trip in the early fall.

Rick..stillcasting

Number of posts : 385

Back to top Go down

How far do you go? Empty Re: How far do you go?

Post  soot 5/7/2009, 5:22 am

Rolled all the way down to Tuckerton tonight and got skunked by the monsoon we're having.

Figured we were going to, but needed to GTF out of the house for a couple of hours anyway.

Usually though, SSH/SSP/IBSP, The Shrew, Cliffwood.

I'm three blocks from the Hackensack, so I fish that occasionally from the shore. And I attend school at Rutgers so once in a while I'll throw Bombers in the Raritan.

Haven't caught anything yet, but that's where I've been fishing for the past year.
soot
soot
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 116

Back to top Go down

Post  Driftwood 5/7/2009, 7:37 am

Wherever the fish are. You can't let yourself "get married" to one spot.
Driftwood
Driftwood

Number of posts : 206

Back to top Go down

Post  REDBASS 5/7/2009, 8:02 am

Driftwood wrote:Wherever the fish are. You can't let yourself "get married" to one spot.

HAVE TOO TRAVEL AND FIND NEW SPOTS. SOME OF THE OLD DONT WORK . THERE ARE TOO MANY PEOPLE IN THE SPOT. ALWAYS HAVE TOO SCOUT OUT NEW SPOTS FOR DIFFRENT TIMES OF THE YEAR.
REDBASS
REDBASS
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2131

http://WWW.STRIPEDBASSOBSESSION.COM

Back to top Go down

How far do you go? Empty BIG RED I DUNNO!!!!!??????

Post  fishincrazy 5/7/2009, 9:07 am

Rick..stillcasting wrote:Now that the season is in gear,, how far do you travel to your go to spot? If you get there and work it w/o results do you travel again? Have you been checking that area out before the season?,, in my area certain beach cuts and drops have moved around,,some still there others are memories.
I live in Brick(otucky) NJ,, the very flat beach is only 10 minutes away,however, I travel up to Sandy Hook and my most southern area is IBSP,there are many good areas in between. I do have a pass and enjoy riding on the beach, I have had a few trips to Oyster Creek though I always feel kinda spooked being near the oldest operating nuclear plant in America.

Rick I don't know???Where we fishin?????? :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid:

I guess the farthest I've driven to fish is 800 miles but then we stay a week.Lets see it's1 hour from my house to yours then wherever we go :affraid:

FC How far do you go? 962367

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  joesfishinproblem 5/7/2009, 9:16 am

i agree with drift many people get stuck in the same pattern doin the same thing going to the same place and not catching chit you gotta be moble and not get the i am a plug thrower or a bait fisherman, or an ocean or just a bay guy.........you gotts do wat ever it takes to catch the fish.....
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Number of posts : 1450

Back to top Go down

How far do you go? Empty BIG RED HAIL JOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  fishincrazy 5/7/2009, 9:32 am

joesfishinproblem wrote:i agree with drift many people get stuck in the same pattern doin the same thing going to the same place and not catching chit you gotta be moble and not get the i am a plug thrower or a bait fisherman, or an ocean or just a bay guy.........you gotts do wat ever it takes to catch the fish.....

OH HAIL THE GREAT JOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joe has spoken let all tremble in the awesomeness that is Joe!!!!!!

Only thing is you forgot FRESH!!!!!!! Here's one from the fresh!!!!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

There everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How far do you go? 962367

cheers FC cheers

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sephus3 5/7/2009, 11:18 am

All great points. I one pattern I usually fall into is how "I" want to catch a fish rather than letting the enviroment tell me what I need to do to catch the fish. A mental battle I hope to overcome especially since my time will be precious this season. I really need to focus on enjoying my fishing experiences this season to carry me through till next year. The pitter patter of tiny feet arrive in august so the fall season is out for me.....
Sephus3
Sephus3
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 293

Back to top Go down

Post  AKScuba 5/7/2009, 12:14 pm

I usually work from LBI south to North wildwood, skipping brigantine and AC for the most part. I do fish Seaside and some of those wacky central jersey towns but only if Im fishing with someone familiar with that area.

Areas that are my favorites-

Barnegat light, the inlet and surrounding areas
Ocean city for back bay
Oyster creek area
Corson's inlet
Stone harbor
north Wildwood
AKScuba
AKScuba

Number of posts : 1162

Back to top Go down

Post  HugeDinghy 5/7/2009, 2:20 pm

early season until mid-may...bike ride from my house, some 1/2 hr trips to Jamestown
May- June ..Jameston- 1/2hr with some Soco trips (1hr) b-ways and that skinny river
june-almost exclusively Jamestown, gansett (45 min or so), westerly (1hr)
HugeDinghy
HugeDinghy

Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 5/7/2009, 3:45 pm

M or the north/shore,there is no fish in ''M'' :affraid:
Smoke
Smoke

Number of posts : 4877

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Popper 5/7/2009, 5:05 pm

farthest i usually go is up to a hr away but for me at least if i cant find fish within that hr drive the chances are pretty good there are no fish around or at least very very few.
Doc Popper
Doc Popper
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 244

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 5/7/2009, 5:27 pm

not far !!!!!My backyard Kicks ass
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

How far do you go? Empty Big Red Letters!!!!!!!!!1

Post  fishincrazy 5/7/2009, 5:51 pm

Big Johnston wrote:not far !!!!!My backyard Kicks ass

I wanna fish in your backyard!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

FC cheers

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeybonz 5/7/2009, 5:54 pm

worth paying the tolls!!!!
mikeybonz
mikeybonz
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1048

Back to top Go down

How far do you go? Empty BIG RED LAUGHTER!!!!!!!!!!

Post  fishincrazy 5/7/2009, 6:02 pm

Rick..stillcasting wrote:Now that the season is in gear,, how far do you travel to your go to spot? If you get there and work it w/o results do you travel again? Have you been checking that area out before the season?,, in my area certain beach cuts and drops have moved around,,some still there others are memories.

How far do you go?

You know Rick every time I look at the title to this thread I can't help thinkin about a date I was on when I was 16 :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid:

lol! FC lol!

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  jettyjunkie 5/7/2009, 7:30 pm

Driftwood wrote:Wherever the fish are. You can't let yourself "get married" to one spot.

I AGREE
jettyjunkie
jettyjunkie

Number of posts : 633

Back to top Go down

How far do you go? Empty whereya fish...

Post  salt shaker 5/10/2009, 12:15 am

Fished Deal last two days, not too hot, but some pullage. Fished off the wall and had to take the loooong gaff, but hey,if thats what you gotta do. Would rather fish lbi or the sand anywhere where you can bring em up easy... don't like a gaff unless I am sure, without a doubt they are legal, if not just pull em up and let em go..... too old for to many new tricks.... bucket brigade now.... LOL... salt
salt shaker
salt shaker
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 181

Back to top Go down

Post  Splash 5/16/2009, 3:14 pm

I live in brick too but I fish for the most part up north. In the Fall I try to spend as much time as I can in Montauk.

Splash

Number of posts : 52

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum