Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cod and haddock report

2 posters

Go down

cod and haddock report Empty cod and haddock report

Post  filletnrelease 4/26/2009, 3:03 pm

I wasnt sure wher to post this report, as I live in New Jersey but fished up in Mass...

Made a run up to Revere Mass just above Boston, fished with Capt. Joe on Fishtales Charters. Left the dock at 630am and ran out to stellwagon, started out jigging and everyone had cod hook ups on most of the drift, catching a keeper was the problem (24" 10 fish limit) no limit on haddock.

We put together a pick of cod and haddock all on jigs most of the morning after the bottom of the tide capt. Joe made a move to another area of the wagon and we picked at nice size haddock, after a flurry on jigs most switched over to clam snot to fill the totes, what fun on lite gear that was and a nice fight in about 110ft of water..

Cant say enough about capt. Joe's enthusiasum and mate Mikes attention to helping everyone gaffing/baiting hooks and rerigging. I probably caught well over 100 fish and sore arms for all.

Final tally for 5 guys 78 Haddock and 31 cod in the boxes and hundreds thrown back, what a great fishery they have to those fish just have to be open to weeding thru the undersize fish,but for me catching is fun~

Would love to fish with him again his price is right and i seen other charter boats all fishing same waters...

filletnrelease

Number of posts : 6

Back to top Go down

cod and haddock report Empty Re: cod and haddock report

Post  whitey 4/26/2009, 8:06 pm

thats awesome ... i got to troll big y a local grocery store ... im pissed .. cod and haddock report 177925

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down