Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Props to our President and the Navy Seals

+6
Kevnmary
Minivin5
whitey
jfv1
Sephus3
126andy
10 posters

Go down

Props to our President and the Navy Seals Empty Props to our President and the Navy Seals

Post  126andy 4/13/2009, 12:21 am

I wasn't mch of an Obama fan during the election but after today I'm leaning in his direction for having the balls to authorize the Navy Seals to go in and rescue the Captain. It was a gutsy move on his part okaying it because if it didn't work there would be no end to it.
It's about time this country put its foot down and said no more this is where it ends. Maybe we should start doing that all over the world and take care of our own first and worry about the rest of the world next. They want our troops keeping the peace in other countries no problem we'll send you the bill and send all the troops you want--let the world know that the free ride is over!!! Sorry about the rant.
126andy
126andy
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 711

http://afteryoufishing.com

Back to top Go down

Props to our President and the Navy Seals Empty Re: Props to our President and the Navy Seals

Post  Sephus3 4/13/2009, 12:55 am

Props to our President and the Navy Seals 962367 cheers Well Said Very Happy
Sephus3
Sephus3
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 293

Back to top Go down

Props to our President and the Navy Seals Empty Re: Props to our President and the Navy Seals

Post  jfv1 4/13/2009, 12:33 pm

amen to that andy cheers
jfv1
jfv1

Number of posts : 74

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 4/13/2009, 2:06 pm

I give props to Our SEALS and will never give any Props to Mr Obama

The Best Military Ever , the French couldn't get it right so our Bad Mutha Fuckers had to take care of Business .

The Seals were and will be Bad Ass long after Mr Obama is Gone

Props to our President and the Navy Seals 988278Team-America-World-Police-Pos
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey 4/13/2009, 3:03 pm

126andy wrote:I wasn't mch of an Obama fan during the election but after today I'm leaning in his direction for having the balls to authorize the Navy Seals to go in and rescue the Captain. It was a gutsy move on his part okaying it because if it didn't work there would be no end to it.
It's about time this country put its foot down and said no more this is where it ends. Maybe we should start doing that all over the world and take care of our own first and worry about the rest of the world next. They want our troops keeping the peace in other countries no problem we'll send you the bill and send all the troops you want--let the world know that the free ride is over!!! Sorry about the rant.

WELL SAID Props to our President and the Navy Seals 962367

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post  Minivin5 4/13/2009, 3:43 pm

Obummer had not a thing to do with it, his people advised him to ok it. He does not make decisions, just follows orders. :study:
Minivin5
Minivin5
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1449

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 4/13/2009, 3:51 pm

Minivin5 wrote:Obummer had not a thing to do with it, his people advised him to ok it. He does not make decisions, just follows orders. :study:

Just like every other President. You think Bush made decisions? He was Cheney's puppet.
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 4/13/2009, 3:59 pm

Well said andy, :twisted: :twisted:
Smoke
Smoke

Number of posts : 4877

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  go4broke 4/13/2009, 4:02 pm

Kevnmary wrote:
Just like every other President. You think Bush made decisions? He was Cheney's puppet.

as much as people hated Bush, I think he was the man for the job when 9/11 happened. Al Gore would have been over there trying to shake people's hands.
go4broke
go4broke

Number of posts : 285

http://bsplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 4/13/2009, 5:40 pm

go4broke wrote:
Kevnmary wrote:

as much as people hated Bush, I think he was the man for the job when 9/11 happened. Al Gore would have been over there trying to shake people's hands.

If it was Iraq that attacked Us I would have agreed with you. But remember he failed or gave up in Afghanistan before completing the mission.
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  soot 4/14/2009, 2:53 am

I voted for President Obama and I can't say that I've been all that disapointed with him so far. I haven't been especially impressed with him either, but then again I never was. IMO he was the best man for the job at a time when I didn't really feel that either man was especially good for the job.

That said, it's my understanding based on WH press releases and leaks by "administration officials/insiders" that President Obama granted standing authority to the on-scene commanders to use leathal force if it became apparent that Capitan Phillips' life was in imminent danger.

I don't think that there's anything especially noble or praiseworthy about that on the part of the President. I would expect any president to make the same blanket authorization on behalf of any American citizen in the same or similar circumstances. He couldn't very well have explicity ordered the Navy to stand down and allow the execution of an American citizen/hostage if they would have been otherwise able to prevent such an execution.

I have yet to see anything that indicates that President Obama explicitly ordered a rescue mission.

What I'm getting so far is that the blanket authorization was given with the understanding that armed intervention was a measure of last resort to be used only if absolutely necessary. The shooters on the scene saw the pirates point a gun at the Capitan and recieved authorization from the local commander, acting under the President's blanket authorization, to engage the pirates subsequent to a precieved imminent threat to Phillips life.

President Obama was negotiating with the pirates, the local commander and individual shooters took the initiative.

If anyone can point me in the direction of a credible source claiming that this was a rescue mission executed by order of the president I'd love to see it.

Till then I think President Obama is being given a great deal more credit than he actually deserves. He did what any president would have done - essentially the only thing a mediocre president and half-way decent human being could have done - he hedged his bets and allowed the professionals to do their jobs only as an absolute last resort.

In my book all credit goes to Capitan Phillips for his bravery and to our servicemen and women for their professionalism and dedication to duty.
soot
soot
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 116

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 4/14/2009, 7:50 am

soot wrote:I voted for President Obama and I can't say that I've been all that disapointed with him so far. I haven't been especially impressed with him either, but then again I never was. IMO he was the best man for the job at a time when I didn't really feel that either man was especially good for the job.

That said, it's my understanding based on WH press releases and leaks by "administration officials/insiders" that President Obama granted standing authority to the on-scene commanders to use leathal force if it became apparent that Capitan Phillips' life was in imminent danger.

I don't think that there's anything especially noble or praiseworthy about that on the part of the President. I would expect any president to make the same blanket authorization on behalf of any American citizen in the same or similar circumstances. He couldn't very well have explicity ordered the Navy to stand down and allow the execution of an American citizen/hostage if they would have been otherwise able to prevent such an execution.

I have yet to see anything that indicates that President Obama explicitly ordered a rescue mission.

What I'm getting so far is that the blanket authorization was given with the understanding that armed intervention was a measure of last resort to be used only if absolutely necessary. The shooters on the scene saw the pirates point a gun at the Capitan and recieved authorization from the local commander, acting under the President's blanket authorization, to engage the pirates subsequent to a precieved imminent threat to Phillips life.

President Obama was negotiating with the pirates, the local commander and individual shooters took the initiative.

If anyone can point me in the direction of a credible source claiming that this was a rescue mission executed by order of the president I'd love to see it.

Till then I think President Obama is being given a great deal more credit than he actually deserves. He did what any president would have done - essentially the only thing a mediocre president and half-way decent human being could have done - he hedged his bets and allowed the professionals to do their jobs only as an absolute last resort.

In my book all credit goes to Capitan Phillips for his bravery and to our servicemen and women for their professionalism and dedication to duty.

I didn't vote for OBOMBA,But I agree with everything elese soot said here!!!I'm wonderin hoiw long they'll ride this out????

FC

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down