Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heads UP!!!

+7
fishpro
asbury guy
jettyjunkie
fish factor
Kevnmary
BrianM38
fishincrazy
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Heads UP!!! Empty Heads UP!!!

Post  fishincrazy 4/6/2009, 12:20 pm

Just got a report from a fellow fisherman about the Clifwood wall area.Police will be ticketting cars parked in the area between Dusk and dawn.This is due to complaints from people in the neighborhood.The souirce of this information is a police officer so I think it's good info.Apparentlly there has been alot trash left behind and guy's are using the area next to the road as a toilett!!!I'm thinkin in order to keep these areas open we need to PU trash where ever we see it.Maybe even schedule afternoon trash clean ups at our favorite spots!!We need access to these spots and if we get tickets for parking in these spots,then we'll not be fishing. Heads UP!!! 177925 Let me know what you think??????We gotta do something.

FC :scratch:

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Heads UP!!! Empty Re: Heads UP!!!

Post  BrianM38 4/6/2009, 1:07 pm

fishincrazy wrote:Just got a report from a fellow fisherman about the Clifwood wall area.Police will be ticketting cars parked in the area between Dusk and dawn.This is due to complaints from people in the neighborhood.The souirce of this information is a police officer so I think it's good info.Apparentlly there has been alot trash left behind and guy's are using the area next to the road as a toilett!!!I'm thinkin in order to keep these areas open we need to PU trash where ever we see it.Maybe even schedule afternoon trash clean ups at our favorite spots!!We need access to these spots and if we get tickets for parking in these spots,then we'll not be fishing. Heads UP!!! 177925 Let me know what you think??????We gotta do something.

FC :scratch:

Nothing you can do except make sure everything is cleaned up when you leve. That area has been a cronic problem for years. You cant blame the residents. They have the right to live in peace as much as we do. There are just too many slobs and to be blunt... sub-humans that piss and crap on somebodys property.

The dusk to dawn law has been there forever. Residents just put up with it until its been over abused. I have talked to people that live right there and they have had it. People double park in a lot that only holds 5 cars. Sometimes 3 deep and the people that live there cant get out of their own diveway. These slobs have ruined it for all the good law abiding fisherman. Reporting them doesnt do any good... It just reinforces the towns stand on keeping it closed. I give it one more year before there will be NO ACCESS at all.

This area brings all kinds. There was even a drunk there last year that was arrested when he pulled a knife on an off duty Old Bridge cap who crossed his line. People pissing in the home owners bushes just to the right of the flag pole, Trash stuck in all the rocks and shrubery. Old bait left in the trach cans. Clam shells left all over the wall to the point the smell is intolerable. How much more can residents put up with??? Im on their side yet still want access to the area but it wont happen until people learn self control. This is why I am all for a saltwater liscense. For the most part its the occasional fisherman making the mess who wont put out the money for a liscense. Get rid of the problem and we will find a cure.
BrianM38
BrianM38

Number of posts : 119

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 4/6/2009, 1:23 pm

I've never fished this area before but it sound like an explosive situation brewing. I can tell you if push comes to shove the fishermen will lose. Does this go on all season or is it just a Spring thing?
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  BrianM38 4/6/2009, 1:34 pm

Kevnmary wrote:I've never fished this area before but it sound like an explosive situation brewing. I can tell you if push comes to shove the fishermen will lose. Does this go on all season or is it just a Spring thing?

Its all year Kev. It gets worse in the summer when guys are using Bunker. The bay is right there..... why throw heads and tails onto the rocks. Feed the crabs with them. But the trash is outta control. You have to try to picture the area. there are softball size rocks then a concrete area in front of that about 5 - 6 ft wide and then a rock wall about 10 feet high. the garbage gets caught in the small rocks and then blows all over when the wind picks up. Guys throw unused bait either on the rocks or in the trash can and that brings rats. Its a productive spot in the summer when the blues are in and that is why its so popular. I have gone there to see people camped out with their families. Three or four coolers. A fold up swing for their small children, one of those ez-up shelters and the boom box blareing. Its a no win situation both for the responsible fisherman and the residents.

Me, my son and a few others have gone in there and cleaned up the stretch a few times bringing out bags and bags of trash. It was so much that we had filled up the trash barrel and even brough a few bags home to throw out in my trash. We wen back the next day and it was FUBARed again. it sucks big time
BrianM38
BrianM38

Back to top Go down

Post  fish factor 4/6/2009, 3:03 pm

iam a resident for over 20 years i think they should charge a fee or sell a permit
my son and i can fill a 55 gallon bag with shit that slobs leave behind in 20 min
we as residents are tired of getting kicked out of our own parks because of slobs
and here is to the slobs :kiss it: :kiss it: :kiss it: :jerk off:
fish factor
fish factor
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2092

Back to top Go down

Post  BrianM38 4/6/2009, 3:27 pm

fish factor wrote:iam a resident for over 20 years i think they should charge a fee or sell a permit
my son and i can fill a 55 gallon bag with shit that slobs leave behind in 20 min
we as residents are tired of getting kicked out of our own parks because of slobs

I know it doesnt make up for the slobs but I hope its comforting for you as a resident to know that there are a bunch of us that dont live in town doing our part to keep the area clean as much as we can
BrianM38
BrianM38

Back to top Go down

Heads UP!!! Empty We can overcome!!!!!!

Post  fishincrazy 4/6/2009, 3:30 pm

BrianM38 wrote:
Kevnmary wrote:I've never fished this area before but it sound like an explosive situation brewing. I can tell you if push comes to shove the fishermen will lose. Does this go on all season or is it just a Spring thing?

Its all year Kev. It gets worse in the summer when guys are using Bunker. The bay is right there..... why throw heads and tails onto the rocks. Feed the crabs with them. But the trash is outta control. You have to try to picture the area. there are softball size rocks then a concrete area in front of that about 5 - 6 ft wide and then a rock wall about 10 feet high. the garbage gets caught in the small rocks and then blows all over when the wind picks up. Guys throw unused bait either on the rocks or in the trash can and that brings rats. Its a productive spot in the summer when the blues are in and that is why its so popular. I have gone there to see people camped out with their families. Three or four coolers. A fold up swing for their small children, one of those ez-up shelters and the boom box blareing. Its a no win situation both for the responsible fisherman and the residents.

Me, my son and a few others have gone in there and cleaned up the stretch a few times bringing out bags and bags of trash. It was so much that we had filled up the trash barrel and even brough a few bags home to throw out in my trash. We wen back the next day and it was FUBARed again. it sucks big time

fish factor wrote:iam a resident for over 20 years i think they should charge a fee or sell a permit

Hey guy's I think if enough of us get involved we can lick this problem!!!!!Trash cans don't work!!!Signs don't work!!!!SLOBS don't care what they do nor will they ever!!!! :affraid: I don't even believe a license will work,Slobs will fish W/O a license!!!!!We need to pull together as fisherman and police our ranks together!!!!!We need to report offenders!!!!!!Make friends of the residents in the areas we fish!!!This is going to be an uphill battle!!!!I've been crusing other sites and have seen them mentioning it also!!If we as a community can ban together we can lick this!!!!!!

FC

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  fish factor 4/6/2009, 3:49 pm

no doubt i know there is a lot of good fisherman out there that do clean up after others.and i thank them all
including you. those who help should know im not talking about them. :)
fish factor
fish factor
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  jettyjunkie 4/6/2009, 4:45 pm

its all the scumbags that hang around there that ruined it for us fisherman
jettyjunkie
jettyjunkie

Number of posts : 633

Back to top Go down

Post  asbury guy 4/7/2009, 8:40 pm

Untill the internet kicked in people never went there and it was cool. For the past 5 years they have been chasing people out after they get their fisrt complaint. The Fisherman mag also a few years back had a map on how to get there and that was the end.
asbury guy
asbury guy

Number of posts : 373

http://www.asburyparkfishingclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fish factor 4/8/2009, 8:57 am

sbury guy hit the nail on the head 7 or 8 years ago youd be lucky if you found10 on tha seawall
fish factor
fish factor
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 4/8/2009, 8:40 pm

Just had another response from another guy who wants to help!!! He writes for On The Water magizine and said he will brung some issues,and hats and shirts for all involved in this upcomming clean up event!!!!I'm starting a list of folks who want to help!! We have some guy's from this board who want to be involved.Lets hear it for Joefishinproblem,Jettyjunkie,fishincrazy,fishfactor,Then we have Greg Miller from on the water maginzine,MC DOC, both from another site.So we have 6 guy's willing to kick it up a notch!!!!!

CHEERS TO YOU!!!!!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

WHO ELESE IS IN HERE??????????????

Additions to the list: Kevin & AJ, Fishpro,Darksides!!!!!!! cheers

I figure we need at least a dozen guy's to make an impact,more would be better but when we hit a dozen I'm gonna schedule this!!!!!!!!!

POST UP BOY'S AND GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

cheers FC cheers

Last edited by fishincrazy on 4/8/2009, 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  fishpro 4/8/2009, 9:49 pm

I'm in but it depends on when this takes place...I may be able to get one more. I am always down to help as long as I have the time.
fishpro
fishpro
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 393

Back to top Go down

Post  fish factor 4/8/2009, 10:35 pm

wow this great good job guys my 7 year old son is looking forward to this day
fish factor
fish factor
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Heads UP!!! Empty rb report

Post  fish factor 4/8/2009, 10:40 pm

fished the bay no wind water was flat and no fish to be found oh well cant win them all :evil: Embarassed
fish factor
fish factor
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 4/8/2009, 11:11 pm

Same here we fished from 4:30 to 8:30, not a tap. Heard some good reports from another spot 27 fish between 3 guys, all short. There must have been 30 rods in the water where we were and not one fish caught.
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Back to top Go down

Heads UP!!! Empty We're on Sat 4/18!!!

Post  fishincrazy 4/12/2009, 7:56 pm

We're on Sat 4/18 @ 8:00am Please e-mail me @ fishincrazy123@yahoo.com I missin jajim's soccer gaqme for this so I gotta know how many will be there!!!!!

FC

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  fish factor 4/12/2009, 8:41 pm

im in lets do it
fish factor
fish factor
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Heads UP!!! Empty Cliffwood Clean-up 4/18 @8:00am

Post  fishincrazy 4/14/2009, 1:12 pm

We will be meeting at the WALL @ clifwood beach 8:00am sat 4/18!!!!!! If you want my cell# PM me for it!!!

FC cheers

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  fish factor 4/14/2009, 5:01 pm

see yall on sat with my son
fish factor
fish factor
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Heads UP!!! Empty Ok the truth on the situation

Post  LHPAULY83 4/15/2009, 8:52 am

This was the ultimate spot is now it is the ultimate idiot capital of the world! And you know what i have witnessed the tickets being written first hand.

The reason is partly for the garbage being left and yadayada and the other bs. Here is the real reason for the recent trouble.
This all started because of the idiot who decided to hide behinde a parked car infront of a residents house and take a piss. The resident pulled into his drive way and found the person behinde their second car taking a piss watching a river roll down the street. Well an argument came about and the cops were called and now that resident calls almost everynight to stick it to the fisherman in the park area. I have friends on the PD in town this is the truth from the source.
I think it is horrible. It is the ultimate example of a spot being pushed beyond its limits. Yes there was the map a few years ago, yes the tackle stores have big mouths, and yes we have THE WORLDS WORST IMIGRATION LAWS! It once again comes down to what i said about the influx of stupid people entering the bayshore area! I can tell you now that spot is as good as done you might as well fish on another planet.
Oh yeah for those who think parking in town around the area is a good idea, well wrong the Aberdeen PD is already getting complaints of driveways being blocked, noise, and of course garbage being left. You will see the permit and no parking signs comming in the future if this all keeps up. You can make all the fishing licenses you want in the world but you know what it doesn't make anyone a smarter person having a peice of paper that says your now LEGALLY STUPID!!!
Well it all comes down to this! PEOPLE KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT! CARRY IN YOUR TRASH AND CARRY IT OUT! OH YEAH AND HAVE SOME GOD DAMN CLASS TREAT YOUR FISHING SPOTS LIKE YOUR HOME NOT A CITY DUMP!!!
Wait untill they do the construction on the sea wall they are making the top a walk way adding railings and gonna clean up the place. It should be done in the next year or so at least that is what the papper said. Just what the state needs another dog walk!

"Take me down to the paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty ohh won't you please take me hoooommmee..... YEAH! GNR Heads UP!!! 962367 Heads UP!!! 962367 Heads UP!!! 962367 Heads UP!!! 962367
LHPAULY83
LHPAULY83

Number of posts : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 4/15/2009, 9:05 am

LHPAULY83 wrote:This was the ultimate spot is now it is the ultimate idiot capital of the world! And you know what i have witnessed the tickets being written first hand.

The reason is partly for the garbage being left and yadayada and the other bs. Here is the real reason for the recent trouble.
This all started because of the idiot who decided to hide behinde a parked car infront of a residents house and take a piss. The resident pulled into his drive way and found the person behinde their second car taking a piss watching a river roll down the street. Well an argument came about and the cops were called and now that resident calls almost everynight to stick it to the fisherman in the park area. I have friends on the PD in town this is the truth from the source.
I think it is horrible. It is the ultimate example of a spot being pushed beyond its limits. Yes there was the map a few years ago, yes the tackle stores have big mouths, and yes we have THE WORLDS WORST IMIGRATION LAWS! It once again comes down to what i said about the influx of stupid people entering the bayshore area! I can tell you now that spot is as good as done you might as well fish on another planet.
Oh yeah for those who think parking in town around the area is a good idea, well wrong the Aberdeen PD is already getting complaints of driveways being blocked, noise, and of course garbage being left. You will see the permit and no parking signs comming in the future if this all keeps up. You can make all the fishing licenses you want in the world but you know what it doesn't make anyone a smarter person having a peice of paper that says your now LEGALLY STUPID!!!
Well it all comes down to this! PEOPLE KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT! CARRY IN YOUR TRASH AND CARRY IT OUT! OH YEAH AND HAVE SOME GOD DAMN CLASS TREAT YOUR FISHING SPOTS LIKE YOUR HOME NOT A CITY DUMP!!!
Wait untill they do the construction on the sea wall they are making the top a walk way adding railings and gonna clean up the place. It should be done in the next year or so at least that is what the papper said. Just what the state needs another dog walk!

"Take me down to the paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty ohh won't you please take me hoooommmee..... YEAH! GNR Heads UP!!! 962367 Heads UP!!! 962367 Heads UP!!! 962367 Heads UP!!! 962367

So I guess this means you want no part in helping clean up the area????Your willing to let it go??Thats all well and good. :affraid: :affraid: :affraid:

Please don't come down on those of us who want to help!!! :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid:

Yes I've been told the same stuff you have written here does this mean we shouldn't do our part???Or maybe we need to do more to keep the future open!!! Whats past is past we can't change that the least we can do is try to hold on to the future!!!!!!

This is a small part of what really needs to be done to preserve our fishing access!!!If we ignore this one place who's to say we just don't ignore them all the hell with it let em take our rights.We can't do anything about it anyway.Well I don't agree this is how we fight to keep spots open!!This is just the first one!!!We need to treat em all equal,someday it might just be your favorite beach we're tryin to save.What then????
Paulie I love ya but we need to do something here!!! Even if it only makes us feel better about ourselves,and doesn't accomplish a thing!!!

FC :shock:

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 4/15/2009, 10:52 am

Well said FC. Paulie speaks from the perspective of an angry kid (and I'm not faulting him for that). With age comes the realization that the small things can make a difference. It may not erase the past but maybe if that homeowner sees that some of us do care and that we are willing to spend some of our hard earned free time to help clean up his heighborhood, maybe just maybe he we understand that one or two bad apples don't spoil the bushel. It's at least worth a try. Someday Paulie will stop being so angry and realize this. (Maybe it's all that big hair band music he listens to. Very Happy )
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Back to top Go down

Post  fish factor 4/15/2009, 5:18 pm

fishingcrazy and kevinmary i couldnt have said it better this is a great feeling to know that
fellow fisherman do care about a spot i lived and fished in for over 25 years and once
again thank you all for your time and help
fish factor
fish factor
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 4/15/2009, 5:26 pm

Hey FC
Has the date for this changed?
Kevnmary